Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation (18917 Views)

Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 / General Bouba Dobekreo Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Naijacitizen(m): 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
Interesting thread for IPOB YOOTS.....Lemme bookmark this thread for future reference for the day to come when mission intended failed.

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by LemonBoy1: 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ijaya123:

You mean you're lead by Nepa bill certificate? You must definitely possess a water bill certificate.

lolssss, dustbin bill nko? brother, how is it his fault that a nepa ..... was voted in by majority?

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by pchukwudi: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
ilawanson44:

You are more than right! The despot was busy running Nigeria like it's his personal property not knowing that the turn out of events which is linked to his tyrannical tendencies was being watched by the International Community! I have a friend who stays in the Netherlands and he intended coming home (Nnewi) to invest before the outcome of the elections which was rigged by Jega in buhari's favor.

The guy decided to chill to see how the political and economical atmosphere under the gworo-chewing mallam would look like and as if he knew, the economy started crashing! Then came the event of the massacre of Shiites and the IPOB protesters. The latter angered my guy and he gathered enough footage of the events both on paper and electronic media then proceeded to the Hague with some other IPOB agitators living in Holland and nearby EU Countries.

The money which he wanted to come home to invest was what he used in covertly reaching out to lawyers there. I tried to dissuade him from "wasting his money" but he waved it off and said it was better to make an attempt to do something than remain silent! This news shows that his efforts and that of some other individuals have finally paid off!

The incarceration buhari put Nnamdi Kanu i will definitely knock on his door soon! The best he will get is a life-long asylum in Yemen! TYRANT!

Nnaa, okwu a ikwuru ebea adabaghi ma ncha. Ihea bu okwu ana agba n'izu nebe umunne no. Ke nke ibia ziri na ebuputa ya na ama ndi obia na ndi ilo? Biko oburu na inwere ike, munwa ga si ka ichoo etu iga esi gbanwe okwu a. Odighi mma ma mcha. Biko.

7 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by LemonBoy1: 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
ilawanson44:

I tell you! It is a right step in the right direction!

This event is to turn out in the most likely following stages:

The ICC will get more evidence to back up the cases...

Submit it to the Hague....

The International Human Rights Body will make the reports global...

Protests will be activated both in Nigeria and the Diaspora...

NATO will then wade in...

Then the NEPA Certificate Holder will be declared a tyrant and given "The Ghaddafi" treatment!

Zombies....see una life cheesy cheesy

Brother i understand what you mean and i fear the worst. But what if Nigeria decides to resign her membership to the ICC body? i believe not all countries can be subjected to ICC?
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by otiigba1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
intergral:
read what he posted again you will see that what is going on in this country is not a problem to him but a success .... read again !
yes i have read it again! And like i mentioned earlier it's just his opinion (it does'nt mean its true) you and i don't have to agree and you are still being sentimental by commanding me to read! Again grin
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Oxenomy: 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
This is the best time for IPOB to resume it's protest..

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by LemonBoy1: 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Oxenomy:
This is the best time for IPOB to resume it's protest..

will you lead?
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Oxenomy: 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
LemonBoy1:

will you lead?
I have been participating.

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by specco(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
cosmo84:

Thank you very much. Most people don't seem to know that the majority of cases filed at the ICC do not end up being prosecuted by it. People quickly rejoice on hearing that their favorite has filed a case against the another. Mttcchheeww.
You are consoling yourself. The massacre of defenceless Shia'te and Ipod members are not worthy of ICC probe? Lets wait and see how it goes.

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Ijaya123: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
LemonBoy1:

lolssss, dustbin bill nko? brother, how is it his fault that a nepa ..... was voted in by majority?

I don't get your point.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by yaki84: 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

I don't want to say anything here until I saw this post of yours but all I can say for now is that International politics is at play here and would get more interesting in the coming weeks, we are watching.

u shud be calling tompolo to surrender not this.

shebi new SHERIFF dey town, una sheriff go soon dey tie wrapper.

2 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
pchukwudi:

Nnaa, okwu a ikwuru ebea adabaghi ma ncha. Ihea bu okwu ana agba n'izu nebe umunne no. Ke nke ibia ziri na ebuputa ya na ama ndi obia na ndi ilo? Biko oburu na inwere ike, munwa ga si ka ichoo etu iga esi gbanwe okwu a. Odighi mma ma mcha. Biko.

Nwanne...enwero ife n'eme!
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Goke7: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
yaki84:

u shud be calling tompolo to surrender not this.

shebi new SHERIFF dey town, una sheriff go soon dey tie wrapper.

the new sheriff is the chairman of the PDP for your information
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Goke7: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
IVORY2009:

There is no "international politics" here bro, there are facts and figuares to nail "Buhari" he seems not to understand wat is about to happen, he is the commander-in-chief of the arm forces, he is the one that ordered the shooting frm Abuja to his COAS and boys.

and you think PMB is a chicken that can be nailed abi? This is Nigeria and not sudan or central african republic, check wikipedia, Nigeria is an emerging global power and a middle power in international affairs, who be ICC? abegi
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by IVORY2009(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

and you think PMB is a chicken that can be nailed abi? This is Nigeria and not sudan or central african republic, check wikipedia, Nigeria is an emerging global power and a middle power in international affairs, who be ICC? abegi

Bro , so are you saying ICC can not persecute president Buhari, especially if he is found to be guilty of charges filed against him, by the plaintiff? And also becos Nigeria is an emerging global power? You're a joker.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Goke7: 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
IVORY2009:

Bro , so are you saying ICC can not persecute president Buhari, especially if he is found to be guilty of charges filed against him, by the plaintiff? And also becos Nigeria is an emerging global power? You're a joker.....

Ok nah be waiting for Buhari's prosecution, Nigeria may be a zoo to some of you but the animals in the zoo eh, their teeth strong wella

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by IVORY2009(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

Ok nah be waiting for Buhari's prosecution, Nigeria may be a zoo to some of you but the animals in the zoo eh, their teeth strong wella

Ok oooo!

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ogmaskman: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
cyberguy72:
Zombie over 400 Shiites were given mass burial last week,killed by ur tyrant "BUBU d senile one "

Like you cared about the Shiites. Y'all pointing fingers here and there forgetting you have your backs exposed. GEJ/Ihejirika also killed Shiites too for your info. Some pple gets a boner whenever buhari's name is mentioned. Whoever said the investigation will be restricted to this admin alone. Let's wait and see how things unfold.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ogmaskman: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Naijacitizen:
Interesting thread for IPOB YOOTS.....Lemme bookmark this thread for future reference for the day to come when mission intended failed.

It's mission accomplished for them already.
Eyes go clear them when matter start. The same bible that says 'children obey your parents' also says 'parents do not provoke your children to anger'.
When case start dem go know say something like action and reaction dey physics.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ogmaskman: 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Polar3:

our intertion for naija is to be free and have equal rights and opportunities with those who pillage and plunder our niger delta resources mainly for their own gud,ppl who see themselves as 1st class citizens; our intention is for naija to practise true and fiscal federilism and resource control that will set all regions on their toes to work harder and be creative and desist from parasitism..nobody will have to go to aso rock with cap in hand,begging for what God has given to you;.. Our intention is to develop ourselves with our God given natural resources in our region in naija.....
So whats ur intention,is it continous parasitism?
TkesterA

I stand with you on this 100%. But recent events have (like Calabar - Lagos rail) have shown that our leaders are not patriotic. They cared about their stomach alone. For me, the first port of call should be purging ourselves inside out. By purge, I mean Pursuing a grand design that will eventually usher in selfless leaders who will project our aspirations to a logical end.

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
nnachukz:
Jokers, adhering to high professional standard and protecting human right my foot. The Hague woman should not mind that joker. She should investigate Shiites killings, IPOB protesters killings and many others as quick as possible. Somebody needs to be dragged by his testicle to Hague to answer for his sins against humanity.

Agatu Massacre was conducted in adherence to the highest professional standard.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

And by the time we start making pencils, Russia will quake! Nigeria is going somewhere, Sai Baba! angry
Wailers ICC Will not stop our pencils from hitting the international market tongue
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
nnachukz:
Jokers, adhering to high professional standard and protecting human right my foot. The Hague woman should not mind that joker. She should investigate Shiites killings, IPOB protesters killings and many others as quick as possible. Somebody needs to be dragged by his testicle to Hague to answer for his sins against humanity.

Wait, so you are planning to treat Bubu same way he treated Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu ?
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
castrogee:

People don't even understand how the ICC works. It is a court that prosecutes crimes that fall within its jurisdiction, crimes such as: Rape, murder, massacre, destruction of a civilian society by any means, etc. They have professional judges. The prosecutor's team will first investigate the case submitted by the plaintiff to ascertain if the case falls within the court's jurisdiction and also to ascertain if the case should go on owing to the fact that some cases may be minor or trivial, like an unintentional killing of a civilian society. For example, if the police in trying to quell a riot accidentally kills people, though the ICC has the jurisdiction over such matter but they may not go on to prosecute the case, because such is the tragedy of our every day lives and in this case ICC will only issue a directive to the relevant organ or authority responsible to be more reasonable in their actions next time to avoid such human casualties.

All these go down during the ICC preliminary investigation, the preliminary investigation is conducted to ascertain if the case can go on to the next level which is now the full investigation of the various evidences rallied by the plaintiff against the defendant, needless to say that at this moment the ICC is almost certain that the case will go on, i.e the prosecutor is almost certain that he is ready to prosecute.

Unfortunately, this is where Nigeria is right now. The coming of the ICC prosecutor, the chief prosecutor for that matter is to signal to the Nigerian authority that the result of there preliminary investigation indicts them (Nigeria), and they will go into full investigation and also to intimate the Nigerian government to be ready for the investigation because certain govt officials will need to be examined. Now, IPOB is claiming to be in possession of forensic evidence against the Nigerian army i.e. evidence that shows that the bullets used against arm-less protesters indeed came from the Nigerian military (and this is scary), coupled with video evidence. This is the reason why the army is sweating to brand IPOB a terror group. But the truth is that you don't just label a group terrorists without strong evidence of their ties to destruction and untamed violence and evidence to show that they have carried out such crimes like ISIS is doing now. For Goodness sake the Nigerian govt should know that they are appearing before a panel of judges, learned and experienced judges for that matter that understand the terrain and they want to present these baseless charges before them?

Predictably, some of us saw this thing coming, and raised alarm, but Buhair being a dullard thought everything about power is fiat. he ordered his COAS to use hyper force on unarmed protesters, because he is buhari, well I wish him good luck. Now IPOB has said they will resume their protests once they get their TV station running, the implication is that this time they could hold the protests for the time they want without harassment because the world is now paying attention. I believe this shouldn't have gotten to this level had Buhari not been reckless with his decision. Over 8 cases have been established against Nigeria in the ICC, I told a friend of mine that the next battle ground in the world is Nigeria. Its unfortunate that it is only in Africa that you see unarmed protesters been shot with such reckless abandon, and yet Africa will claim to be unfairly treated by the west.

Worse off is the shiites killing and Agatu massacre which the President has never issued a statement to condemn..
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by PhockPhockMan: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
Keneking:
I am observing ThisDay and Vanguard on their news reportage covering Nigeria.

I am.observing and watching
So you expect them join The Nation, Sahara Reporters and Tribune on quack journalism?

2 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
SleekMallam:
Buhari is finished at the Hague!!!! That UK article was the first shot his dictatorial nature has drawn international anger against his regime. 69 years behind bars is awaiting the dogs and baboons proponent. My own personal records against his government will send him into instant coma once forwarded!

That man is very wild.

Imagine his EFCC drumming up support to arrest Jonathan and Okonjo Iweala. Been laughing whenever i remember it.

Nah the arrest of METUH finish his credibilty. And just last week, EFCC were like they will start prosecuting world famous OUK. Buarri shoots anyhow. Commonsense is not common.

5 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

I don't want to say anything here until I saw this post of yours but all I can say for now is that International politics is at play here and would get more interesting in the coming weeks, we are watching.

Oh, so you didnt know that was what happened with Jonathan when you guys were clamouring BBOG and the foreign media was supporting ?

Nah turn by turn shaa..

So every leader should watch his back..

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by PhockPhockMan: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
intergral:
it seems things are goin your way... Nigeria will get better ... and may your intentions for Nigeria continue to be your portion .... simply because the person you wasted your votes on did not win......
You're saying all these because you're not affected by Buhari's brutality.

Continue.

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by EasternLeopard: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Yujin our prayers have worked.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by SammyGyang(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
You forgot to add the killings and genocides commited by Fulani terrorists
nnachukz:
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by SammyGyang(m): 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
Too late
repogirl:
This is a warning to Buhari and cohorts.

Boooooohari, take your time ooo, remember you said you are a reformed dictator. Respect the rights of the citizens entrusted in your care and ensure that anyone caught doing otherwise is dealt with accordingly.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by castrogee(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
LemonBoy1:

Brother i understand what you mean and i fear the worst. But what if Nigeria decides to resign her membership to the ICC body? i believe not all countries can be subjected to ICC?

Noooh, it doesn't work like that. He alleged crime was committed during Nigerias membership in the ICC, so even if you resign now the case will still go on. You should ask why didn't Laurent gbabgo or Bemba the president of CAR pull his country out of ICC, when it was clear they were goin to jail. Just Like ICC will not prosecute a case earlier than 2001 before its inception. And that is why scene like Gowon cannot be prosecuted for the civil war or even Obasanjo for the odi massacre.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Election Tension: Soldiers Take Over Ebonyi Streets / NNPC Removes Yusuf Matashi, As Usman Yusuf Replaces Him In Major Shake-up / El-Rufai: Yobe NBA Joins Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.