Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? (35238 Views)

Nigerians Go For Another Noodle More Economical,tasteful And Lasts Longer / The 10 Most Innovative Sources For Getting Good Business Ideas / Autonomous Sources Control Prices Of Dollars - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by samsam2019: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:
I choose inverter and generator.

if you have money for solar and inverter it's the best.

You'll just disconnect nepa wire permanently as you won't need it anymore
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by aqeelah: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
If money no be issue after ur side abeg help me borrow 50k for my business too. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by ndisy: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mr oga, money is not an issue Please check and correct the title of your post and then I can give my suggestion afterwards.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by aqeelah: 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
08084841211 I need loan Pls at least up to 50
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by SincereBigot: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
ndisy:

This one don mad finish plus including his gbogbo generation
please don't transfer your frustration on me please
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by olajay86(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Bluffly: 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
admax:
I will advise you to go for generator and battery/inverter option.

Due to few factors including low solar irriadiance in Ogun state and the fact that you wouldn't be cleaning the panels (People don't know they have to) often to maximise the yield.

Buy a generator to charge the battery for few hours, then run on inverter.

We now have a glass solar panel other than the one circulated in Nigeria currently. It is 5x stronger and can serve you under a very low light.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
bishopkay:

Bros where can one get that gas carburetor to buy and like how much would it cost
wasco24:
Where can one get gas carburettor

Distributors wanted nationwide. Call/whatsApp/imo/text 08027196002 for distrbutorship
philipobin.com

Note: I am not the one selling and I am not connected to the above company or owner.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by SOPIGO: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
These are not Alternative but d main power source in Nigeria..... PHCN is the Alternative power supply.

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
englishmart:
power bank
lmao. This one is not alright

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by giles14(m): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:
I am embarking on ICT training Business, everything is ready but I am stuck in making a good choice among these following Alternative Energy sources:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Note: My centre will have 10 PCs, projector, big photocopy machine, and a fridge.

Pls note money is not an issue here. Kindly state why you choose any of the above energy source over another.

Focus: Efficiency, Life Span, Economical, in in short, mid and long term.

Thanks.
bros since it's for buz I suggest you go for generator, it's more economical.
I hear pple talking of solar/inverter most inverters don't last long,even if it last d issue of battery may come up and above all if you don't have up to 1milion pls forget about the stand alone pv system.

and pls to all those illiterate technicians dere is nothing like solar and inverter dey are one whole system. cos ur inverter is useless without ur solar panels.

my own little contribution

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by agarawu23(m): 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
Some dumb comment sha embarassed

Solar + inverter remains the Best.
Expensive but the best option
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by ispeed(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
@inforresource

With what am seeing you will need 10Kw of power generating. I can give you one of the best that can take you for next 15years free from electric grid. WIND TURBINE call me or add me on whatapp let chat 08034099120
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by mfm04622: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
If money is not an issue, you need all 3!

The solar with battery will be the primary source. Note that the solar need an inverter too. The inverter changes DC power that the solar panels generate to AC power that you use.
The inverter connected to public power will serve as backup for when there is no sunlight. Please note that same inverter used for the solar panel can be used here.
Generator for when both sources fail. Will recommend a diesel powered generator. They last longer and diesel is more readily available. Diesel may even be cheaper than petrol in Nigeria. (an anomaly)

Please note that you have to design your solar power system well or it will be frustrating. If the design is faulty, you won't enjoy the money spent on the system

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by mfm04622: 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
giles14:
bros since it's for buz I suggest you go for generator, it's more economical.
I hear pple talking of solar/inverter most inverters don't last long,even if it last d issue of battery may come up and above all if you don't have up to 1milion pls forget about the stand alone pv system.

and pls to all those illiterate technicians dere is nothing like solar and inverter dey are one whole system. cos ur inverter is useless without ur solar panels.

my own little contribution

If your public power supply is relatively stable ( i used to have more than 15 hours a day), you don't need the solar panel. Just inverter and battery banks. i have that now. Your inverter is NOT useless without solar panel. And why insult others to pass across your message?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by djgroove(m): 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
Fuel-less generator for more info 08034843345 + whatapp.

ADVANTAGE OF FUEL-LESS GENERATOR

1. It is fuel free
2. It preserves the safety of our immediate
environment
3. It is pollution free
4. It does not require any mechanical services
5. It is free from current surge
6. It saves money

Fuel generator

Let's just do a little calculation. Assuming you are using 5L of fuel to run your generator daily, and that 5L will last for 11 to 12hrs, 5L of fuel is #145 X 5L = #725 X 7 days a week = #5,075 X 4 weeks = #20,300 X 12 months (1 year) =#243,600... # 243,600 is the total amount of fuel that ill power your generator for 1 year if u are using 5L every day. And you can only use it for just 11 to 12hrs in a day. Remember the servicing, engine oil and some part fixing.

Fueless generator

You will use the fueless generator for 20hrs in a day and 4hrs for the machine and the battery to cool down because of the over charging. No fuel, engine oil, serving and part replacement. You just need to convert your normal generator to the fuelless, and any time you feel like convert it back to the fuel generator just call on your mechanic to re arrange it back.

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by cutelover19(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:
I am embarking on ICT training Business, everything is ready but I am stuck in making a good choice among these following Alternative Energy sources:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Note: My centre will have 10 PCs, projector, big photocopy machine, and a fridge.

Pls note money is not an issue here. Kindly state why you choose any of the above energy source over another.

Thanks.
Op i recommend that you go the SOLAR ways. Although its expensive in the shop term, it is cheaper in the long run.
1. The panels are durable with a minimum life span of 20 years on the average.
2. Low cost of maintainace.
3. Very efficient if well put together.
4. Dynamics of fuel, PHCN, etc are eliminated.

PS: rain and clouds don't stop a solar setup from working, only reduces the capacity. This can be eliminated by using monocrystalline panels
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Thanks.
Wu u epp? undecided
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by musicwriter(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Thanks.

If you can wait till sometime September-October, I'll show the world on this forum how to generate electricity from what I call otumopkotricity. The technology is ready, but there're issues delaying it's publication; issues ranging from refining the technology to get a standard prototype to getting a patent for the invention before white people convince you all they did it first. I'm convinced with 100 liters of water per month you should be able to power that size of office forever.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by davidblaqq(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Thanks.

hmm, may God empower you,give us the address so we'll patronise you
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by rasbaby(f): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
grayht:
Ok
how did you do that? please I'd like to know, thanks (signature) its creative
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by NairaBaba: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
bishopkay:

Bros where can one get that gas carburetor to buy and like how much would it cost
It is available on konga and Jumia. Search for dual fuel carburettor.

http:///dual-fuel-carburetor-for-generator-sets-petrol-and-gas-2-0-3-0kva-2548623
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
gift01:
Budget between 100-200k. The one we have at home is 2 batteries, 2 solar panel on the roof, an inverter and some other little expenses. Ours cost 120k and it works with everything except Pressing Iron and Water Heater. Our gen is for charging the batteries when its low i.e less sunshine and no power supply for a long period (3 days). The solution is to get more solar panel and we working on it. Its what am currently using at home. No light since morning. Just came back from work and based on my projection. It will take us all thru the night till daybreak but I'd on the Gen from 9-11 to add more life to the batteries. Its always fun having light every time esp when the hood is dark
Thamks, bro. Please no vex me. I'm asking too much.
Can sunlight charge the batteries all through, if there's continuous sunlight? Or do u need generator? Going with your previous post, you said it should last for over 5 years? After this period, what are the replaceable parts? The cell or the inverter? What's the need for multiple panels?
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Donpizzle(m): 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
obailala:
If you know the price of an efficient solar system that can take your business, then you would agree with me that money is actually a problem.

what if his sponsor is as rich as dangote?. money wouldn't b a problem. Don't b to fast to humiliate sme1.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by VULCAN(m): 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
a1solution:
Buy diesel generator N250k and free yourself from buying solar inverter battery and related headache. The solar that will carry all the load you mentioned will cost over 4 million naira while diesel generator will only take you 4 litters per day and without any repair problem in the first two years.

Why are you embarrassing yourself? How can a 9kva gen consume just 4 litres a day?

Also your figure for solar is ridiculous. With N2.5m he will be able to buy all 3 with some change and mix at will.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Ikville(m): 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lemme break it down for u....
1. Generator is noisy, very hard to maintain (needless to mention fuel wahala in Naija diz days), it's very noisy, it needs constant servicing (since it commercial use) & it's unreliable cos it can break down anytime witout warning.

2. Solar systems (include inverter & Batteries) on d otha hand is very ideal cos...It's Eco friendly, maintence free, stable & easy to use. I un'stand dat it may be capital intensive to install but it's most definite very cheap in d long run. Cos of ur heavy duty equipment, dere r numerous installation options to meet ur power needs. After installation, u dont need to worry about maintenance for years

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Rogbese(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
For now, a sound proof diesel generator remains ur best bet and MAYBE with an inverter system as backup.

For what you are looking at, you'll need from 10kva upwards. Inverter alone is about 800k. Batteries are like 80k each for the GOOD ones and u'll need about 8 or 9 for a 96 volt or 108 volt DC inverter.

Those batteries will need to be charged and when PHCN decides to perform their magic, you have a huge investment sitting idle! Solar sounds interesting but the maintenence of panels and other ancillary devices rakes up a bill.

Don't get me wrong, ur generator too will require maintenance but my own 2 kobo says a soundproof diesel generator is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by gift01: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:

Thamks, bro. Please no vex me. I'm asking too much.
Can sunlight charge the batteries all through, if there's continuous sunlight? Or do u need generator? Going with your previous post, you said it should last for over 5 years? After this period, what are the replaceable parts? The cell or the inverter? What's the need for multiple panels?
The more the panel the more voltage you get to charge your batteries. Yes Sunlight can fully charge your batteries if there are enuf panels and no much usage of the batteries. Our goal is to have enuf to last us all thru the night. Generator is just the backup plan if there's no Power supply for days. Once there's light the batteries are charging (faster than generators). Pls note that the batteries are large ones- we use Monbat 12v batteries
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Jean2(m): 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
I have a small Solar setup that might be of interest...
See here => http://jeangonegreen..com.ng/2016/05/greening-gradually.html

It serves lots of purpose for me especially in this #paymorefordarkness situation we find ourselves in Nigeria now.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by uvalued(m): 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
shoyemiayodeji:
Generator.....you don't need to use fuel with your generator again as gas carburetor are now being used in generators ...i.e. You can now use gas to power yor 'Normal' generator.

interesting pls educate.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
gift01:

The more the panel the more voltage you get to charge your batteries. Yes Sunlight can fully charge your batteries if there are enuf panels and no much usage of the batteries. Our goal is to have enuf to last us all thru the night. Generator is just the backup plan if there's no Power supply for days. Once there's light the batteries are charging (faster than generators). Pls note that the batteries are large ones- we use Monbat 12v batteries
Thank you so much, sir. I'll quote you again when I'm ready.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com / World’s Most Powerful Ceos In 2018 / How To Make A Poultry Incubator At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.