Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru (2033 Views)

Has Anyone Travelled To Peru / Holidaymaker Drives From France To U.k,only To Find A Migrant Hiding In His Boot / Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by musiliudee(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2016
Do Nigerians needs transit visa for Paris to get to lima,peru or do anyone knows how to go abt initeraries to get to lima without transit visa from Ghana or nigeria.
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by lilfizzie: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Pls how did you get the visa to Peru. I am attending a conference

1 Like

Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by Fallawx(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
musiliudee:
Do Nigerians needs transit visa for Paris to get to lima,peru or do anyone knows how to go abt initeraries to get to lima without transit visa from Ghana or nigeria.
It would have been more better going through Amsterdam , you don’t need transit visa . How did you get your visa please
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by dasparrow: 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Fallawx:

It would have been more better going through Amsterdam , you don’t need transit visa . How did you get your visa please

The Netherlands is part of the Schengen countries and Nigerians need a transit visa to transit through schengen countries except if maybe you have a valid US visa.
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by dasparrow: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
musiliudee:

Your best bet is to go with Turkish Airlines. I say this because Turkey is the only country in Europe where you can transit through without needing a transit visa as long as you don't plan on leaving Ataturk international airport. If you plan on exiting the airport for any reason you are going to need a transit visa.

So your flight itinerary will look this way:
Lagos (LOS) to Istanbul (IST) to Panama (PTY) to Lima (LlM).

You can also fly out of Abuja or Accra. It does not matter. You will still transit in Istanbul and then continue your flight to Panama and then from Panama to Lima Peru.

This is the best itinerary because Nigerians don't need transit visa for neither Turkey nor Panama as long as you don't intend on leaving the airport. Very important to note. Also your transit time in Panama should not be longer than 9 hours. If it is longer than that, watch Panamanian airport police begin to harass you. So make sure you are not staying in the Panama airport for too long before connecting to your next flight heading to Lima Peru.

Also, know that you will fly Turkish Airlines from Nigeria to Panama but you will fly Copa Airlines from Panama to Lima Peru. Don't worry, you will be issued one ticket/itinerary and your bags will check through from Nigeria to Lima Peru because Turkish Airlines have a partnership/ codeshare agreement with Copa Airlines. So although you will be flying with 2 airlines, you are only purchasing one ticket.

How do I know all this info? I went on vacation to Cancun Mexico in November 2017 and flew Turkish Airlines from Nigeria to Istanbul and Istanbul to Panama and then Copa Airlines from Panama to Cancun Mexico. I did not need a transit visa. I did not leave the airport at anytime. My bags were checked through all the way from Nigeria to Mexico. None of my luggage got lost.

I am not a travel agent but I have travelled a lot in my life and Bless God for the opportunity to have done so. I am putting this information out there for all to read because often times, Nigerians without first world valid visas would like to travel to Latin America or the Caribbean but don't know how to go about getting there because most countries especially first world countries require valid visas from Nigerians even if we are just transiting through.

So your best bet whenever you are traveling to South America, Central America or the Caribbean from Nigeria with a Nigerian passport, go with Turkish Airlines because they have a codeshare agreement with Copa Airlines that fly to all the South, North and Central American countries. Copa Airlines is a Panamanian Airlines so you will transit in Panama City (PTY) and continue your trip to wherever you are going on the American continent.

All the best!

12 Likes

Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by Fallawx(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2018
dasparrow:

The Netherlands is part of the Schengen countries and Nigerians need a transit visa to transit through schengen countries except if maybe you have a valid US visa.

go check out the current rules if you are flying KLM through Amsterdam you don't need transit visa
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by dasparrow: 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fallawx:

go check out the current rules if you are flying KLM through Amsterdam you don't need transit visa

I went to KLM's website and it does say Nigerians can travel without a transit visa if they are transiting through Amsterdam but you still have to have a valid US, UK, Canada, Japan or any other European visa in addition to the visa of the country you are headed to in order to transit visa free through Amsterdam. So there is a catch.
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by Champora: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
dasparrow:

Your best bet is to go with Turkish Airlines. I say this because Turkey is the only country in Europe where you can transit through without needing a transit visa as long as you don't plan on leaving Ataturk international airport. If you plan on exiting the airport for any reason you are going to need a transit visa.

You can also fly out of Abuja or Accra. It does not matter. You will still transit in Istanbul and then continue your flight to Panama and then from Panama to Lima Peru.

This is the best itinerary because Nigerians don't need transit visa for neither Turkey nor Panama as long as you don't intend on leaving the airport. Very important to note. Also your transit time in Panama should not be longer than 9 hours. If it is longer than that, watch Panamanian airport police begin to harass you. So make sure you are not staying in the Panama airport for too long before connecting to your next flight heading to Lima Peru.

Also, know that you will fly Turkish Airlines from Nigeria to Panama but you will fly Copa Airlines from Panama to Lima Peru. Don't worry, you will be issued one ticket/itinerary and your bags will check through from Nigeria to Lima Peru because Turkish Airlines have a partnership/ codeshare agreement with Copa Airlines. So although you will be flying with 2 airlines, you are only purchasing one ticket.

How do I know all this info? I went on vacation to Cancun Mexico in November 2017 and flew Turkish Airlines from Nigeria to Istanbul and Istanbul to Panama and then Copa Airlines from Panama to Cancun Mexico. I did not need a transit visa. I did not leave the airport at anytime. My bags were checked through all the way from Nigeria to Mexico. None of my luggage got lost.

I am not a travel agent but I have travelled a lot in my life and Bless God for the opportunity to have done so. I am putting this information out there for all to read because often times, Nigerians without first world valid visas would like to travel to Latin America or the Caribbean but don't know how to go about getting there because most countries especially first world countries require valid visas from Nigerians even if we are just transiting through.

So your best bet whenever you are traveling to South America, Central America or the Caribbean from Nigeria with a Nigerian passport, go with Turkish Airlines because they have a codeshare agreement with Copa Airlines that fly to all the South, North and Central American countries. Copa Airlines is a Panamanian Airlines so you will transit in Panama City (PTY) and continue your trip to wherever you are going on the American continent.

All the best!

Wow that’s a lot of information you gave. How then do you get a visa to Peru? A friend who got a travel scholarship and needs to get some visas emailed the nearest Peru embassy (Ghana) and they say one has to fix an appointment in Ghana. So Nigerians have to travel to Ghana for a visa to Peru?
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by Shembe4life: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello please Guru in house...Dasparrow.. How do i get a Mexico visa from Nigeria please
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by Qu33nSh3ba: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
Yellow

Is this information still valid? Can I travel to Mexico without a transit visa? Please I look forward to your response

dasparrow:

All the best!
Re: Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru by edyogechi: 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Please do Peru have embassy in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Overnight Parking At Abuja Airport / CFA Is Now Higher Than Naira. / Armed Robbers Ordered Luxury Driver To Crush Passengers Without Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.