Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project (671 Views)

Junaid Mohammed To Presidency: Stop Lying To Nigerians About Buhari's Health / Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators / Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by kahal29: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Former Presidential Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, has urged the executive and legislative arms of government to avoid politicising the Calabar-Lagos rail project, noting that President Muhammadu Buhari should be encouraged to develop the Niger Delta region.

Ita-Giwa, in a statement, noted that the controversy over the project was unnecessary, adding that the rail line when completed would turn around the economy of the South-South region.

She said: “The Calabar-Lagos rail project is a significant one that must not be trivialized or politicized because it has the potential of opening up the economy of the South-South region. I am, therefore, urging my colleagues in the Senate and the executive arms to ensure that the project is included and adequately catered for in the budget because it will serve the common good and will complement the Cross River State Deep Sea Port.

“I also want to advise my colleagues to guide and keep an eagle eye on all projects earmarked for their constituents. Only through that can they be called good representatives. The region has suffered enough. Buhari should be encouraged to deliver dividends of democracy to the area even beyond the rail project.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/ita-giwa-presidency-nass-dont-politicise-calabar-lagos-rail-project/

1 Like

Re: Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by TheFreeOne: 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
The only eagle eye they've got is only on what comes to their pockets.

Bunch of selfish and greedy politicians.

1 Like

Re: Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by Beeman1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by Aufbauh(m): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please help me tell those your confused self-centered legislators from SE/SS region.
Re: Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by omowolewa: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
kahal29:

She said: “The Calabar-Lagos rail project is a significant one that must not be trivialized or politicized because it has the potential of opening up the economy of the South-South region.

I am, therefore, urging my colleagues in the Senate and the executive arms to ensure that the project is included and adequately catered for in the budget because it will serve the common good and will complement the Cross River State Deep Sea Port.

“I also want to advise my colleagues to guide and keep an eagle eye on all projects earmarked for their constituents. Only through that can they be called good representative.

All Nairaland conspiracy theorist should read that part and assimilate it.
Re: Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by ogmaskman: 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pdp will always have an agenda. Yar Adua came with 5 point agenda. GEJ's own was transformation agenda. I guess the pdp agenda this time around is one point agenda of pulling buhari down. If you doubt me ask the tweeter senator.
Re: Ita-giwa To Presidency, NASS: Don’t Politicise Calabar-lagos Rail Project by sammyj: 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
The people to be held responsible for this shame and incompetence should be the seat warmers senators from the SS region!!! angry cool

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Receives World Bank MD / Now We Should Blame The Governors ... / Holyghost Fire, Buhari Haven't Travelled For Nearly 3weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.