Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Changing People By Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Changing People By Prayer (476 Views)

How Sexual Immoralities Actually Kills People By Sunday Akanni Moshood / Christians Protest In Benue Over The Killings Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen / 3 Kids Tortured By Prayer Houses & Thrown Into Streets Of Akwa Ibom Rescued(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Changing People By Prayer by yommyuk: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sometimes our prayers are filled more with doubt than with confidence. We know that for God to answer our requests, our prayers must be in line with His will. However, wondering if we are praying according to His will can trip us up, and faced with the uncertainty, we will occasionally fall silent.

God’s will is for each of us to have a healthy relationship with Him through His Son Jesus Christ. That means knowing the Father with increasing intimacy and progressively becoming more and more like Jesus. By focusing our prayers on having this type of relationship with the Lord, it becomes easier to know what to pray. Simply find a scripture that tells you something about God’s character, and pray that for others and for yourself. The results are:

1.You can pray with confidence because God wants His children to be like Jesus Christ.

2.You can pray expectantly because you know He will work out His will in our lives.

3.You can cooperate with the Holy Spirit while He works to develop the same quality in you.

Prayer is not a game of “I Spy,” where we have to guess when to talk to the Lord or about what. Scripture is full of God’s attributes and His desires for our lives. Pick one and start praying. Then watch what God does in response. Prayer gains access to the proud spirit, to the hardened heart, to the unbelieving mind; there are no walls too high or thick for Him to breach. So pray God’s will and watch lives change—especially your own

Jeremiah 33:3

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Psalm 145:18
The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

7 Stunning Bible Facts About Bride Price / Why I Stop Church,am Not A Christians But Friend To Christ(disciple) / New Music Alert!! For Lovers of Gospel Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.