Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,320 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

What's Your Capacity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Capacity? (290 Views)

Force Yourself To Enlarge Your Capacity - Isaiah 54:1-4 / Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church / The 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria & The Capacity They Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Capacity? by SonofIssachar: 11:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
Author Unknown

Driving into a fuel station for a refill; the car has a fuel tank capacity of about 60 litres. While the pump attendant filled the tank, a motorcyclist also rode in to the second pump. Before I knew it, the motorcycle was full and the rider rode off while the car was still at the pump.

I got there before the motorcyclist but he left before me. It suddenly occurred to me that it would be absolutely silly of me to think "I got here before him. How come he is leaving before me?"

Why? Our capacity is not the same. The truth is there are times in life when we are stuck at the pump of divinity. Those who came in behind us have gone ahead of us; those who learnt from you seem to have outran you; those who graduated years after you are now the ones calling the shot and it seems as though you are stuck. Could it just be that your capacity is bigger than theirs? Could it be that your own assignment needs longer preparation? Could it be that your character is being formed for the task ahead?

You do not know what you need. Only the One who designed the journey knows what is important.

Why don't you hold on?

People will often say my friends are doing this...My friends have done that... My friends have this...My friends are now...But I'm still here doing or having nothing.

It is important to know that you spent nine months of formation in your mother's womb alone and you were given birth to alone. Therefore never classify anyone as your mate. God's dealings with you or in your life is never an estimation of what is happening in the life of your friends or colleagues.

God's dealing in your life is very personal and unique and should never be an estimation of physical and tangible things. Take your gaze off other people's path and concentrate on the race. Speedometers are different. Have faith... You will earn your own medal. At the Lords appointed time.

Meditation: “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; The mountains shall drip with sweet wine, And all the hills shall flow with it.” – Amos 9:13

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have A Heart Of Praise / Let Integrity Be Your Ethos / Leadership By Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.