Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730469 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
damzy88:
Sent you a pm.
av replied u
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by opeyemiolu(f): 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
Just got an info now that firs is sending unsuccessful application to some people. Please confirm if you got such e mail today.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by BLACKPANTHER(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
Really?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by methyl: 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
Pls I need the past question too
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
the unsuccessful application refers to those who applied after the dead line.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by seleenaholo: 4:41am On Oct 14, 2016
The unsuccessful application mail is not limited to those who applied after the deadline. someone who applied on the first day and completed his application, got the mail and the reason given was" it was due to incomplete documentation".
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by elknice: 5:19am On Oct 14, 2016
Planning a holiday to Dubai with your family? There's no better time to book your holiday than now. Our value holiday itineraries have been designed specially to give you valuable experiences like never before. You can now Explore Dubai. Make this festive season extra special in Dubai. What are you waiting for? Book Now!

With Golden Trust International LLC, getting a Dubai visa is extremely simple and hassle-free. Accommodations, ticket, and free breakfast. Tourist complete packages available.

Also apply for employment visa to DUBAI , Quatar, South Korea and Cyprus.

_-2 yrs Direct employment visa
_- 2 years residence visa not with employment but can come to Dubai to do any kind of business or look for jobs of your choices.

All you have to do is apply for and get your visa in just 5 working days.
Submit your documents online to goldentrusttravel@gmail.com or WhatsApp us on
+234 807 077 4214,
+971 52 309 2671
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 14, 2016
elknice:
Planning a holiday to Dubai with your family? There's no better time to book your holiday than now. Our value holiday itineraries have been designed specially to give you valuable experiences like never before. You can now Explore Dubai. Make this festive season extra special in Dubai. What are you waiting for? Book Now!

With Golden Trust International LLC, getting a Dubai visa is extremely simple and hassle-free. Accommodations, ticket, and free breakfast. Tourist complete packages available.

Also apply for employment visa to DUBAI , Quatar, South Korea and Cyprus.

_-2 yrs Direct employment visa
_- 2 years residence visa not with employment but can come to Dubai to do any kind of business or look for jobs of your choices.

All you have to do is apply for and get your visa in just 5 working days.
Submit your documents online to goldentrusttravel@gmail.com or WhatsApp us on
+234 807 077 4214,
+971 52 309 2671
People wey never get job go get money 2 travel 2 Dubai 2enjoy foriegn.....WeLL May B U go sponsor dem shaa....Bro! diz Dormot is nt 4Diz kind Advert. Let Us get diz Job 1st.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 5:49am On Oct 14, 2016
seleenaholo:
The unsuccessful application mail is not limited to those who applied after the deadline. someone who applied on the first day and completed his application, got the mail and the reason given was" it was due to incomplete documentation".
hmmmm! thats wired...........when d person applied and submit did it not say "application successful"? was the person not given a referral number?
how come its now the person is getting such message?
hmmmm....that why I take it upon my self to LOG into their site every day to check my application status.
it is well.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 6:08am On Oct 14, 2016
i guess they hv seen that the number of applicants are way too much so they decide to use any means possible to reduce this population........if not I dont see any other logical explanation to this.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by teasty234: 6:28am On Oct 14, 2016
fweshazzimi:

hmmmm! thats wired...........when d person applied and submit did it not say "application successful"? was the person not given a referral number?
how come its now the person is getting such message?
hmmmm....that why I take it upon my self to LOG into their site every day to check my application status.
it is well.

That's serious oo!!. Please who and who have gotten the unsuccessful email. Let's kno y they send it to u. Pls share ur opinion
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Not surprised at all. My observation is that majority of applicants do not meet the requirements, but still went ahead to apply anyway, expecting a miracle to happen

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 7:10am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Not surprised at all. My observation is that majority of applicants do not meet the requirements, but still went ahead to apply anyway, expecting a miracle to happen
yea! thats one part of it. cool
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by vivy4uall(f): 7:25am On Oct 14, 2016
opeyemiolu:
Just got an info now that firs is sending unsuccessful application to some people. Please confirm if you got such e mail today.

I got that. It is true
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by vivy4uall(f): 7:30am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:

Why say that? I personally, met the requirements and even applied very early but still got the "unsuccessful application" mail.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2016
vivy4uall:

Why say that? I personally, met the requirements and even applied very early but still got the "unsuccessful application" mail.
hmmmm
dis becoming scary. was it sent to your email? try logging into the portal with ur username n password to be double sure. i just checked mine now, no such thing.
secondly was is your course of discipline? apart from the specified course in their advert they still consider other discipline that will be relevant to their work nature. so pls what did you study in sch?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Emmysteve(m): 7:47am On Oct 14, 2016
I applied for Tax officer II with my BA Philosophy and there's nothing like unsuccessful application on my mail.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2016
Emmysteve:
I applied for Tax officer II with my BA Philosophy and there's nothing like unsuccessful application on my mail.
You see what I'm saying. What do you know about taxation?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by MidieMeliss(f): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Mr Patrick leave that one o. Don't be surprised that he may actually have a 70% probability of getting called for an interview!
This is Nigeria. The relationships he may have built in the past may help him scale through all levels, and eventually get the job even if he isn't qualified.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 14, 2016
Your course shouldn't be a priority of being selected by FiRS like we all know even Kpmg employ engineers for tax and audit.... Itball depend on the interview, I could them them at the interview I feel like taking up a new challenge in another career... Remember it is graduate trainee... SL you will still be taught
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by BLACKPANTHER(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:

What do you have to say to me... Bsc Political Science 2:1, Six years experience in Banking and Finance, plus FIRS/SIRS tax remittance. What if he's not saying anything he knows about taxation. Patrick Bcareful wink
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by methyl: 8:24am On Oct 14, 2016
Share if you get the mail
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Pauloski87: 8:32am On Oct 14, 2016
You might have a 2:1 n not get job but somebody wit 3rd class will get it. Is about d 4G connect n God.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by methyl: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2016
Oga oo 4G connection, God connection will supersede 4G connection for those of us that have only God. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Neroski(f): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2016
methyl:
Oga oo 4G connection, God connection will supersede 4G connection for those of us that have only God. shocked shocked
Lmao at 4g connection! Abeg how una they get the successful and unsuccessful mail? Is it via personal email or via FIRs profile on their website
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Zirah: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Anyone can be shortlisted. You are not God.

PatrickOkunima:

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by budymore18: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2016
I can conveniently say that I received a non successful application to one of the mails I used. I registered with a yahoo mail but couldn't complete the registration with the yahoo mail.
So I received an unsuccessful application on that yahoo mail.

But I was able to successfully register with a gmail account and also completed the application with the same gmail account. I am yet to receive any unsuccessful application mail on the gmail account.

So, that's where I stand now.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:10am On Oct 14, 2016
You may be one of the successful ones. In-fact, I pray you are. But you still did not meet the requirements.

1. I can't remember seeing Political Science as one of the disciplines required.

2. You are not a member of CITN, ICAN, ANAN or any other professional bodies mentioned.

So it doesn't matter whether or not you've been doing finance or tax related tasks for donkey years. You see, there's a broad gap between academic and professional qualification. Using myself as an example, I studied Accounting at the University of Benin. A good number of my course mates are chartered. An employer will certainly prefer the chartered ones to those of us who are not chartered, not because they know more than us or because they can do the job better than us, but because there are some unethical practices that we may not have a problem indulging in because we have nothing to lose, but a chartered accountant will not be fine with it. He has so much at stake. He may be penalized by ICAN. He could even lose his licence. Do you know accountants have licence too, like doctors?

Another example, I have friends who are engineers, political science graduates and agriculturists who are chartered accountants. Yes they are chartered, but there are things the non-chartered accounting graduates know that these guys don't know. I don't need to remind you that these professional courses are crash programmes. People cram to pass. So how on earth will someone who studied accounting in one and a half year under extreme circumstances be better off, theoretically and practically than someone who did it for 4 years?

If I'm given the responsibility of setting the aptitude test questions, trust me, any candidate who does not possess in-depth knowledge of accounting and taxation will not pass. Only the lucky ones among them will score 20% and I mean it.
BLACKPANTHER:

What do you have to say to me... Bsc Political Science 2:1, Six years experience in Banking and Finance, plus FIRS/SIRS tax remittance. What if he's not saying anything he knows about taxation. Patrick Bcareful wink
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by smartcherry: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Pls wat kinda questions are we expecting
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
You may be one of the successful ones. In-fact, I pray you are. But you still did not meet the requirements.

1. I can't remember seeing Political Science as one of the disciplines required.

2. You are not a member of CITN, ICAN, ANAN or any other professional bodies mentioned.

So it doesn't matter whether or not you've been doing finance or tax related tasks for donkey years. You see, there's a broad gap between academic and professional qualification. Using myself as an example, I studied Accounting at the University of Benin. A good number of my course mates are chartered. An employer will certainly prefer the chartered ones to those of us who are not chartered, not because they know more than us or because they can do the job better than us, but because there are some unethical practices that we may not have a problem indulging in because we have nothing to lose, but a chartered accountant will not be fine with it. He has so much at stake. He may be penalized by ICAN. He could even lose his licence. Do you know accountants have licence too, like doctors?

Another example, I have friends who are engineers, political science graduates and agriculturists who are chartered accountants. Yes they are chartered, but there are things the non-chartered accounting graduates know that these guys don't know. I don't need to remind you that these professional courses are crash programmes. People cram to pass. So how on earth will someone who studied accounting in one and a half year under extreme circumstances be better off, theoretically and practically than someone who did it for 4 years?

If I'm given the responsibility of setting the aptitude test questions, trust me, any candidate who does not possess in-depth knowledge of accounting and taxation will not pass. Only the lucky ones among them will score 20% and I mean it.
bros u need to get off ur high horse, wat u nd i need now is grace. Do u realize that there are several more intelligent accountants who also applied for dis job? Those who even acquired their degree from school ls with big names overseas. If u think u r gonna av dis job based on ur degree, u r in for surprises ooo. Dis is d type of job our big politicians children who av been abroad for aeons will come for. Wat u should b praying about is for grace and mercy. By d way am an engineer and last i remember, d advert was opened to engineers too.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:

what is this one saying, bro everything you know was from the textbook either pratical and theoretical, any company that will take you still need to train you on some certain aspect, that I read elect/elect doesn't mean you can balance sheet than me, some knowledge are inborn..... Anybody and I say anybody can work in an accounting firm but if it were N engineering firm... Then we can talk....

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by omo17(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2016
Please we need past questions ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.