Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos (10021 Views)

Police Arrest “Urban Gorrilla” Niger-Delta Avengers Militant/Gang Leader (Photo) / Abia Launches New Urban Taxi Scheme / Ikpeazu Launches Urban Mass Transit Scheme In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by viviangist: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on Friday launched the State urban water sector reform, the Port Harcourt Water Supply Scheme and the Sanitation Project.

Performing the launch in Port Harcourt, Governor Wike said the project will create women entrepreneurs, youth employment as well as provide safe drinking water for the inhabitants of the state.

Represented by the State Agriculture Commissioner, Mrs Onimim Jacks, the governor said the project is key to the development of the state.

He said: "The project is in line with our promises to the people of the state as clearly spelt put in our blueprint that we shall provide safe drinkingwater for the inhabitants of the state ".

The governor said that within the first one hundred days of his administration, the Potable Water Scheme was launched at Abonnema in Akuku-Toru Local Government Area.

He commended the Federal Government for selecting Rivers State as one of the pilot states for the scheme, noting that the state government will pay her counterpart funds as at when due.

Governor Wike maintained that his administration will always collaborate with the Federal Government in areas that would benefit the populace.

In his remarks, Rivers State Commissioner for Water Resources and Rural Development, Chief Ibibia O'Walter said the project is part of a wide sector institutional reform embarked upon by the State Government as coordinated by the National Urban Sector Water Reform Office of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources.

He explained that funding for the project will sourced from the World Bank and the African Development Bank. According to him, the African Development Bank will contribute USD200million, World Bank USD 80 million and Rivers State Government, USD 48 million as counterpart fund.

The Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project is targeted at addressing the poor water infrastructure in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor Local Government Area. It will also address the sanitation challenges in the two urban areas.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
15th April, 2016.

http://www.viviangist.com/potable-water-for-rivers-urban-centres-governor-wike-launches-urban-water-sector-reform

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
grin imagine how great this country would be when you have a saraki as president, wike as vice-president, fayose as senate president, tinubu as FIRS BOSS, amaechi as CBN governor and so on, i look forward to seeing that great country cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by viviangist: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2016

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by BornnAgainChild(f): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nyesom Wike is working......Buhari is travellinggrin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by eziokwubundunuwa: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
viviangist:
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on Friday launched the State urban water sector reform, the Port Harcourt Water Supply Scheme and the Sanitation Project.

Performing the launch in Port Harcourt, Governor Wike said the project will create women entrepreneurs, youth employment as well as provide safe drinking water for the inhabitants of the state.

Represented by the State Agriculture Commissioner, Mrs Onimim Jacks, the governor said the project is key to the development of the state.

He said: "The project is in line with our promises to the people of the state as clearly spelt put in our blueprint that we shall provide safe drinkingwater for the inhabitants of the state ".

The governor said that within the first one hundred days of his administration, the Potable Water Scheme was launched at Abonnema in Akuku-Toru Local Government Area.

He commended the Federal Government for selecting Rivers State as one of the pilot states for the scheme, noting that the state government will pay her counterpart funds as at when due.

Governor Wike maintained that his administration will always collaborate with the Federal Government in areas that would benefit the populace.

In his remarks, Rivers State Commissioner for Water Resources and Rural Development, Chief Ibibia O'Walter said the project is part of a wide sector institutional reform embarked upon by the State Government as coordinated by the National Urban Sector Water Reform Office of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources.

He explained that funding for the project will sourced from the World Bank and the African Development Bank. According to him, the African Development Bank will contribute USD200million, World Bank USD 80 million and Rivers State Government, USD 48 million as counterpart fund.

The Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project is targeted at addressing the poor water infrastructure in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor Local Government Area. It will also address the sanitation challenges in the two urban areas.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
15th April, 2016.

http://www.viviangist.com/potable-water-for-rivers-urban-centres-governor-wike-launches-urban-water-sector-reform

Cc; lalasticlala

The bolded just highlights the points. It is more or less same thing former President Jonathan denied Rivers State that the hated Buhari is giving them. We can all remember Amaechi's lamentations and how Iweala denied it. Thank God for a true leader in Buhari.

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/12/04/fg-denies-rivers-of-potable-water-amaechi/

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/12373-fg-undermining-rivers-water-project-obasanjo

http://thenationonlineng.net/amaechi-jonathan-is-victimising-rivers/

naijatowncrier.com/oddity-amaechi-urges-reps-to-summon-finance-and-water-ministers-over-water-project-in-rivers-state/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Kennedymac(m): 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
just here to read comments

modified: wike this one u and rochas dey look into water supply i hope e no go turn to otapiapia for ur enemies grin grin
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by mrvitalis(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
If Buhari was as bad as Jonathan, it just to deny u this loan so u will feel a little of what Jonathan (The lover of Rivers people) made ameachi face

Thank GOd Buhari is not vindictive

9 Likes

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by YelloweWest: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2016
Wike... always in the news for all the right reasons.

Those of you mentioning the name of that lizard from ubima, HE WAS TOO MUCH OF A THIEF!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2016
We have bore hole o

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice one my governor

2 Likes

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
If Buhari was as bad as Jonathan, it just to deny u this loan so u will feel a little of what Jonathan (The lover of Rivers people) made ameachi face

Shift abeg!tongue Wike dey insult buhari like ameachi insult jona

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by AlexCk: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2016
No be to just launch oo, na to do am finish oo.

Politicians and "launching ", like 5 n 6

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Robinhood477: 8:53am On Apr 16, 2016
table water or which one
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Robinhood477: 8:54am On Apr 16, 2016
nice one my governor
I day ur back
carry go sir

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Amberon11: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
I never supported Wike but I'm happy he finally won. He was persistent and determined and purpose driven.

Also, he's an action governor, one that gets things done.

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Akshow: 8:56am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by BeardedMeat(m): 8:58am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin imagine how great this country would be when you have a saraki as president, wike as vice-president, fayose as senate president, tinubu as FIRS BOSS, amaechi as CBN governor and so on, i look forward to seeing that great country cheesy
Oga are you ok? You want to lump Tinubu and Amaechi in one government and you even want Amaechi in CBN? You want to put the goat and the yam in the same room?? Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Monimatic(m): 8:58am On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

grin grin grin
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by destinykthkeith: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2016
How about the rural areas? is PH the only place in Rivers State or is it because Wike is of the Ikwere extract.......... go to I other local places and develop PH is congested. want to see him flag off projects in the rural areas as well.
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Monimatic(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Zombie oh!
Zombie

3 Likes

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by BeardedMeat(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
Amberon11:
I never supported Wike but I'm happy he finally won. He was persistent and determined and purpose driven.

Also, he's an action governor, one that gets things done.
we can only hope he sustains the tempo till the end of his second term cos these performing governors begin to play politics in their second tenure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by dayoungmoney1: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2016
Cool we need more of this.

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by Bamz(m): 9:10am On Apr 16, 2016
BornnAgainChild:
Nyesom Wike is working......Buhari is travellinggrin

I was going to ignore your post but then again I'd be disappointed if you read the article, and went on to post this.

I'm no pro-anyone. I just want good governance.

1 Like

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by chi4ik4(m): 9:14am On Apr 16, 2016
Lizard of Ubima how market??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by cashreport: 9:14am On Apr 16, 2016
[size=14pt]

Good development grin grin

[/size]
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by cashreport: 9:20am On Apr 16, 2016
destinykthkeith:
How about the rural areas? is PH the only place in Rivers State or is it because Wike is of the Ikwere extract.......... go to I other local places and develop PH is congested. want to see him flag off projects in the rural areas as well.
did you read the post well??

"The governor said that within the first one hundred days of his administration, the Potable Water Scheme was launched at Abonnema in Akuku-Toru Local Government Area"

Is Akuru Toru not a rural areas or less developed area?

--which state are you from....has your governor done any project since this year
-- have you been to PH before
I beg get lost sad

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by destinykthkeith: 11:06am On Apr 16, 2016
y are u talking as if u voted Wike? I should be asking u of bn to PH or not. are the places u counted the only places when Wine was pegging for votes? look let it spread to Ahoada East/ West.
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by UkanirehMkpongke: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2016
Please where is the water? is it the one on those tables? I smell lies here.....
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by UkanirehMkpongke: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2016
Please where is the water? is it the one on the table? I smell lies here.....
Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by ogmaskman: 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
This goes to show that governance is about the pple and not the leaders. This project was iniated by Amaechi but Jonathan and NOI turned it into a political campaign issue. They behaved like blind bats to the plight of rivers pple because the gov then was not in their camp. Buhari has demonstrated with this action, one more time, that governance is about the pple and not an individual.
I hope our leaders at all level take a cue from the presidents action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos by SoupNazi(m): 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
Wicked Wike

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Inland Dry Port Records Import Cargo Throughput Of 2,318 Teus In 2018 / Inter-ocean Oil: FG Relieved Of $1.5 Billion Liability, Gains $660,000 / Labour Unions In Dilemma Over Tariff Hikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.