Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals (16203 Views)

Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years / #panamapapers: Austria Bank Chief Resigns After Leaks / #panamapapers. Iceland Prime Minister Quits Over Panama Papers Tax Haven Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by midolian(m): 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
[img]http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160415&t=2&i=1133034532&w=640&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC3E1HB[/img]

[img]http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160415&t=2&i=1133034533&w=640&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC3E1HC[/img]

[img]http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160415&t=2&i=1132942513&w=640&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC3E0EN[/img]

[img]http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160415&t=2&i=1133034531&w=640&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC3E1HD[/img]

MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's acting Industry Minister Jose Manuel Soria resigned on Friday following allegations of links to offshore dealings which emerged after he was named in the Panama Papers.

Soria, who denied all wrongdoing, said he was stepping down to limit any damage to the caretaker government, the conservative People's Party (PP), following reports of alleged links to an offshore company on the British island of Jersey.

Broadcaster La Sexta and news website El Confidencial said they had documents showing he headed an offshore firm with his brother.

The government said acting Economy Minister Luis de Guindos would take on the Industry Minister's brief alongside his current responsibilities.

Soria's resignation comes as Spain faces the likelihood of a second general election in June after a December ballot ended inconclusively.

Latest polls have shown the PP gaining ground, despite a string of corruption scandals involving regional politicians this year, as voters tire of left-wing parties' failure to put aside differences to form a coalition government.

Leaks from the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca have embarrassed several world leaders and shone a spotlight on the shadowy world of offshore companies by revealing the financial arrangements of prominent figures.

Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson stepped down earlier this month after documents linked him to an offshore company.

(Reporting by Paul Day; Editing by Sonya Dowsett and John Stonestreet)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0XC0OJ

My question is, why is it difficult for black men to give up power?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
Amazing what Saraki can't just do

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by midolian(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
When will Saraki & David Mark do the honourable by quitting the Senate?

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by wasco24: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
grin
Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Sunky200: 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
we all want to thread the path of glory but few that made it were honor(able)

it is no coincidencent in advancing(ed) country, moral, integrity and honor are personal traits considered before entrusting one with the public affair.

in a country like 9ja, baraho, ole, thiefy-thiefy, fraud-masters made it to the helm of affairs. So sad

Saraki, David Mark, Danjuma, et'al have long lost their honor and dignity

I PRAY FOR MY COUNTRY

WE SHALL OVERCOME

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Bolade005: 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
Soria, who denied all wrongdoing, said he was stepping down to limit any damage to the caretaker government, the conservative People's Party (PP), following reports of alleged links to an offshore company on the British island of Jersey.

Man of integrity. He places his party above his own personal ambition. All before Self.

I admit, white people are crazy for heaping feminism, homosexuality and other barbaric act on us but if we have as much integrity in us as these people then Nigeria and Africa will be a better place.

Crookola Saraki, pls take a cue and resign.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bukola Saraki should learn from this!

The way this panama thing is going, I won't be surprised to see lalasticlala's name on this list

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
We've got a long way to go

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by osesology(m): 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
Good. If only the president of Syria will do same and help stop this inhumane killings and mass exodus of his people to Europe, the world would be a much more better place.

And, of course, not forgetting our own Saraki. Oga, na ur turn now oo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by swagdopey: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
K
Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by lumzybo: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
All hail 9ja my country.

What they do is deny the allegations unlike the whites.

They accept responsibilities, they don't apportion blames and they take charge.

They resigned cos they av been made with the publications.

Saraki, TB. Joshua and the likes... una they c una mates? undecided

7 Likes

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by olaolulazio(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
Saraki, pls don't fall my hand na. Resign jejely or.......
Pastor TB Joshua, will u resign as a pastor also?
Abeg I need d names of the rest.

E go better for the person wey invent the paper ooooo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by datola: 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Those are sane people.

1 Like

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by ebenice(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
this is a timely example

but sorry enough *some NIGERIANS* dont follow examples

1 Like

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by adekayo1234(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
I trust naija politicians, resignation no dey their dictionary. BTW, nairaland no longer opens on my uc browser, Am I the only one experiencing this?

2 Likes

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by gunpoint(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Can you imagine Fayose resigning grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
osesology:
Good. If only the president of Syria will do same and help stop this inhumane killings and mass exodus of his people to Europe, the world would be a much more better place.

And, of course, not forgetting our own Saraki. Oga, na ur turn now oo!

And if only our big brother in the west will stop nose poking in Syria the exodus to Europe would stop.

2 Likes

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by notoriousbabe: 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
David mark and Saraki una see una life?

3 Likes

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by nairaman66(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Every man has dignity and respect!! Nigerian politicians don't.., they would rather die in office with a lot of corrupt allegations against them swept under carpet.. Nigeria is a joke!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by MARKone(m): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Some where in Naija

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by bedspread: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
[b][/b]JUST IMAGINE SARAKI U SEE UR LIFE?

4 Likes

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by politricks: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
The way this panama thing is going, something is telling me my name will appear and i will have to resign as president name checkers association.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by alizma: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
display of true integrity.
in 9ja we call it witch hunt and will rather die in power than to step down.
crookola saraki how far?

1 Like

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
cowards we don't resign here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
that means the liked of buhari, fashola, saraki, etc supposed to have resigned since

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by slap1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
And our shameless senators are trying to amend the law to free a corrupt Senate president. Yet we come online and kill ourselves for them.

Like Louis Odion wrote, we live in a post-shame era. If Saraki had any iota of shame, he would have resigned long ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by optional1(f): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Can Nigeria politicians who r also in dis PanamaPaper offshore deal resign also?
Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by calabardick(m): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
midolian:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0XC0OJ

My question is, why is it difficult for black men to give up power?

Greed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by anonimi: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
Arewa12:
make saraki self resign

Keneking:
Amazing what Saraki can't just do

He must be waiting for this man so he can follow his example, not so grin

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by akanniade10(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
Black people tho! Them no dey ever wan leave power. How can Mugabe still be the president of Zimbabwe @ 92years of age. And he still no wan go?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals by Arewa12: 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
make saraki self resign

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Migration To The UK Hit A 'record' 606,000 In 2022 / France Celebrates First Gay Marriage / US House Of Reps Vote To Condemn Trump's Racist Comments Against Congresswomen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.