Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,350 members, 7,868,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened (1245 Views)

Help! Water Entered My Laptop / Lenovo X201T Core I7, Convertible Laptop And Tablet For Sale as Low as 40k. SOLD / Working Perfect HP Pavilion Dv6000 Laptop And Ready To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by crunchyg: 9:20am On Apr 16, 2016
Plz my fellow Nairalanders splashes of water mistaken entered into my Laptop keyboard and since then none of the keys has been working, I have a lot of work that I am doing with the laptop, which has been on hold due to the incidence, plz I need advice on what to do to make the keys to start working again. As I don't have 7000 naira now to buy a new HP keyboard. Your advice will be highly appreciated
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by khalhokage(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2016
For now buy a cheap external keyboard to work with until you fix it.

1 Like

Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by godfrey01(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2016
If you open it, open it and remove the keyboard and sun dry it the fix it back.... It it does not work, yku can go and buy a new keyboard your self and fix it thats if knly you can open the laptop yourself because i have changed one of my keyboard some time last twl years and i spent just 4k instead of the 7k i was told by an engineeer... I did it and it worked perfectly well for me... So if you can take the risk of opening it, just do as i say...
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by horllamy(m): 9:28am On Apr 16, 2016
crunchyg:
Plz my fellow Nairalanders splashes of water mistaken entered into my Laptop keyboard and since then none of the keys has been working, I have a lot of work that I am doing with the laptop, which has been on hold due to the incidence, plz I need advice on what to do to make the keys to start working again. As I don't have 7000 naira now to buy a new HP keyboard. Your advice will be highly appreciated

Were do you locate?
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by crunchyg: 9:38am On Apr 16, 2016
horllamy:

Were do you locate?
Lagos
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by horllamy(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2016
crunchyg:

Lagos

If you don't mind you can come to computer village let me service the keyboard for you ..08139462401
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by crunchyg: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2016
horllamy:

If you don't mind you can come to computer village let me service the keyboard for you ..08139462401
Service it for how much?
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by martolux(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
I forgot to shut my room window on Thursday and there came a stormy rain; the rain soaked my bed and lo and behold my laptop was on my bed....I nearly fainted as water was dropping from my laptop. instead of blaming myself, I ask God for an inspiration then the insight came; I quickly removed d battery and turned the laptop side-way leaning against the wall to drain the water. at 3am, I turned the back of the laptop against d wind direction tru my window (with one eye opened). And finally, I exposed the laptop to the early sunrise for about 30 min by turning it upside-down to absorb vitamin B from sun.. I inserted the battery, put on the laptop, and it responded. I quickly open ms-word to be sure the keys wr in good condition; the laptop worked perfectly without malfunctioning...I didn't 4gt to say "thank you Jesus"
Re: Water Entered My Laptop And This Happened by crunchyg: 5:56am On Apr 17, 2016
martolux:
I forgot to shut my room window on Thursday and there came a stormy rain; the rain soaked my bed and lo and behold my laptop was on my bed....I nearly fainted as water was dropping from my laptop. instead of blaming myself, I ask God for an inspiration then the insight came; I quickly removed d battery and turned the laptop side-way leaning against the wall to drain the water. at 3am, I turned the back of the laptop against d wind direction tru my window (with one eye opened). And finally, I exposed the laptop to the early sunrise for about 30 min by turning it upside-down to absorb vitamin B from sun.. I inserted the battery, put on the laptop, and it responded. I quickly open ms-word to be sure the keys wr in good condition; the laptop worked perfectly without malfunctioning...I didn't 4gt to say "thank you Jesus"
Thank you very much for ur comment, I think this was the mistake I did in the first place I didn't allow it to dry well and I on it

(1) (Reply)

Kickass Torrent Mirror Online / Working Perfect Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop And Ready To Use / In Urgent Need Of Good Nvidia Graphics Card For Desktop Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.