Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? (1453 Views)

He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by damesilver(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
I observed that people rarely mind their businesses when it comes to relationships between man and woman. From friends, family, co-workers, neighbours, etc, etc. They are always curious. Is it genuine love that moves them? Do they actually care about the welfare of their neighbours by their relentless persuasion on young maiden to get married? Their barrage of impure thoughts on the single unmarried can create confusion and instability in the youths life.

This an abuse and a trespass to an individual right's to live. Each person bears spiritually the responsibility for whatever he thinks and does.

And if these set of people are met for some financial help, material or spiritual progress, they are often too unwilling to render assistance, yet, they worry that you are not yet married; as if marriage is a ticket to the kingdom of heaven. Must a person marry in order to live a happy and responsible life!

People should desist from the evil habit of persuading another person to get married, no matter how close you may seem. It doesn't matter whether it concerns your relations.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by donbenedict(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Marriage is cheap! It's only in nigeria we like to kill ourselves for a loud wedding
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
donbenedict:
Marriage is cheap! It's only in nigeria we like to kill ourselves for a loud wedding

I can assure you that marriage isn't CHEAP, a wedding but not marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by donbenedict(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I can assure you that marriage isn't CHEAP, a wedding but not marriage.
oh my bad, I meant wedding, not marriage. shocked my mistake..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by aforti(m): 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
This is because they think their primary purpose of existence is to marry. You see people that could barely maintain their relationships. Everyday quarrel and gross level of pretence ...quick to point out the single state of another person, even though it is obvious that that person is happier being single. I keep saying this that if ppl in Nigeria learn how to minds their business half of out country problems till be solved

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by mumtriplet2: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
That is how mum pushed me to marry when I was in jss2, just for her child to marry early.

Later got married when I was in ss3 ( just to make them happy) hubby promised me heaven and earth that I will further my education but it never happened.

I have been married to 5years now but no child (married as a virgin), he beat me every time call me names and say that am badluck to him.He is 11 years older than me ,Am 22+ and am tied.

I want to move on with my life but everyone is saying that we have wedded that is not easy to divorce.
am afraid because I don't want to die and he may kill me one day.

God I need your wisdom in this critical condition that am into.

#AllIWantIsToBeHappy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by UnaDonStart(m): 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
@mumtriplet2, your situation is bit pathetic,i would advise you move on,I MEAN "DIVORCE HIM".heaven wold not fall,why would he keep beating you and if you cant follow the divorce option,just stay with him.but your happiness first before any goddamn marriage .HOLLA
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
mumtriplet2:
That is how mum pushed me to marry when I was in jss2, just for her child to marry early.
Later got married when I was in ss3 ( just to make them happy) hubby promised me heaven and earth that I will further my education but it never happened.
I have been married to 5years now but no child (married as a virgin), he beat me every time call me names and say that am badluck to him.He is 11 years older than me ,Am 22+ and am tied.
I want to move on with my life but everyone is saying that we have wedded that is not easy to divorce.
#AllIWantIsToBeHappy
cc Cococandy
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by cococandy(f): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
cc Cococandy
what?
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by GasAndOilTheory(m): 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
If you get married early and have LEGITIMATE KIDS, it will help your financial status in the future. you children wont depend on you at your old age. Btw 9ja financial situation at the moment no get time for elaborate marriage.... BabyMama is in vogue tho
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by Ruq: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
They feel they are saving them from the impending doom of loneliness.
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by diva90: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
Societal expectations basically! In the Nigerian context, you aren't fully accomplished until you have a family and kids
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by diva90: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
mumtriplet2:

#AllIWantIsToBeHappy

That's too bad! You need to leave that marriage and start afresh! You are a young lady supposedly with a lot of potentials...Look for a small job to be doing while you save some money to further your education. It's very important that you complete your school. Without a degree you are hindered and cannot progress properly career wise.
Your marriage is not healthy. If there was no violence involved, I would have adviced you to try and get pregnant because a child might remedy the stress between you two and restore some love. I find it hard to believe that you are 22+ and going through infertility issues. It's either you two do not have sex at the right time or you have hormonal issues. Anyways, looking at the situation of things , it's not adviced that you remain there.
Seek help with someone who is older and more experienced, so that they can advice you properly on what next to do.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by Mayflowa(m): 3:54am On Apr 18, 2016
mumtriplet2:

#AllIWantIsToBeHappy

What is wrong with you? Why are you praying to have triplet for a man that violently abuse you everytime?

It is God that have kept you to this time. He made you childless so that you may find a new life for yourself. Now u pray to lock out your destiny.

This man that married is too young to know what marriage is. I doubt he will ever understand Esp that you guys hv spent 5 years togeda. He feels caged. Release him and release yourself.

Go get little job and pitch your tent somewhere else
Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by Mayflowa(m): 4:00am On Apr 18, 2016
diva90:

That's too bad! You need to leave that marriage and start afresh! You are a young lady supposedly with a lot of potentials...Look for a small job to be doing while you save some money to further your education. It's very important that you complete your school. Without a degree you are hindered and cannot progress properly career wise.
Your marriage is not healthy. If there was no violence involved, I would have adviced you to try and get pregnant because a child might remedy the stress between you two and restore some love. I find it hard to believe that you are 22+ and going through infertility issues. It's either you two do not have sex at the right time or you have hormonal issues. Anyways, looking at the situation of things , it's not adviced that you remain there.
Seek help with someone who is older and more experienced, so that they can advice you properly on what next to do.
Good luck!

Thanks sis. That lady want to kill herself and lockout her destiny. She isn't barrel. God kept her that way that she may find new life. At worst, it could be hormonal imbalance, bad spermicides, unmatched fertilization or hubby doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Put Pressure On Young Adult To Get Married? by I888(m): 4:55am On Apr 18, 2016
aforti:
This is because they think their primary purpose of existence is to marry. You see people that could barely maintain their relationships. Everyday quarrel and gross level of pretence ...quick to point out the single state of another person, even though it is obvious that that person is happier being single. I keep saying this that if ppl in Nigeria learn how to minds their business half of out country problems till be solved
That is because we see it as an achievement in this part of the world.

They will be suggesting as if they will be the one to take care of the family for you.

I personally don't see how important marriage is nor do I see women as a must have in my life anymore.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This Facebook Post? (screenshot) / Dear Parents, Before You Send You Girl Child To The University / Grandsons Grant Grandfather His Last Dying Wish: To Have One More Beer Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.