Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me (1986 Views)

MTN Nigeria Keeps Defrauding Me By Subscribing Me To Services I Never Requested / MTN Is Giving 1G And 500MB Out Free.. / How Smartphone Makers Are Defrauding Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Barywhyte(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

I rushed down here because I believe help will come my way here. Its MTN again and a guy called OO who handles @MTN 180 twitter handle. I subscribed for 4.5G (N2500) on the 4th of this month (3G night and 1.5G day). That same day I used about 1G from the night plan leaving a total of 3.5G on the line. Now this is not a regular line; I only used it for browsing on a modem. I dnt use it to make calls or send text. Now about 7 days later I wanted to browse with the SIM only to see that 667MB is left on it and the 1.5G extra data has varnished!. I placed a call to 180 and a guy told me that d problm will be resolved within 24hrs. 48hours later nothing happen. No text msgs; no call. Now this mrning, I called 180 again asking a young girl to transfer me to data department. A lady, Tosin Sokefun from Ilorin data center told me there is no deduction from my line. I contacted @MTN 180 asking the handler, OO, to show me my data usage between 4th and 16th April. He replied once and then disappeared, telling me there is no deduction on my line and offering no explanation.

Please nairalanders, help me what can I do to get these ediotic company to refund my data, who again can I contact now? N2500 no b beans na. I'm pained

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by JideSM: 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hello there. I really apologize for this issue.
I currently run the MTN Customer thread here on Nairaland and I'd love for this issue to be resolved.
I have contacted the Twitter support team on this and can confirm that it currently being looked into.
I have been informed that you will be contacted on twitter for further assistance with regards to this issue.

Be reset assured this issue will be sorted out.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Barywhyte(m): 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
JideSM:
Hello there. I really apologize for this issue.
I currently run the MTN Customer thread here on Nairaland and I'd love for this issue to be resolved.
I have contacted the Twitter support team on this and can confirm that it currently being looked into.
I have been informed that you will be contacted on twitter for further assistance with regards to this issue.

Be reset assured this issue will be sorted out.

Thanks.

They contacted me. Still claiming that I used entire 3G in one day. All am asking is for these guys to provide me with the breakdown of my data usage between 5th and 16th April. If there is any truth in what they are saying, let them show me. This isn't d first time I use this same line 2 subscribe for 4.5G data. I did it severally last year and this nonsense doesn't happen.

All I wanna see is the breakdown of how this data was used. I think am not asking for too much
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by enochogaga(m): 2:13am On Apr 17, 2016
Barywhyte:
Hello Nairalanders,

I rushed down here because I believe help will come my way here. Its MTN again and a guy called OO who handles @MTN 180 twitter handle. I subscribed for 4.5G (N2500) on the 4th of this month (3G night and 1.5G day). That same day I used about 1G from the night plan leaving a total of 3.5G on the line. Now this is not a regular line; I only used it for browsing on a modem. I dnt use it to make calls or send text. Now about 7 days later I wanted to browse with the SIM only to see that 667MB is left on it and the 1.5G extra data has varnished!. I placed a call to 180 and a guy told me that d problm will be resolved within 24hrs. 48hours later nothing happen. No text msgs; no call. Now this mrning, I called 180 again asking a young girl to transfer me to data department. A lady, Tosin Sokefun from Ilorin data center told me there is no deduction from my line. I contacted @MTN 180 asking the handler, OO, to show me my data usage between 4th and 16th April. He replied once and then disappeared, telling me there is no deduction on my line and offering no explanation.

Please nairalanders, help me what can I do to get these ediotic company to refund my data, who again can I contact now? N2500 no b beans na. I'm pained

Just call nnc on 662, they wil refund ur mb sharp sharp
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Chomsky1967(f): 2:41am On Apr 17, 2016
They did the same thing to me in 2014and since then it's been a battle with them. I thought coming to this platform would help but JideSM just got my details and voicemail since then. Mtn, the biggest scam ever in Nigeria. I just might have to call now as enochogaga suggested.
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Barywhyte(m): 4:08am On Apr 17, 2016
enochogaga:

Just call nnc on 662, they wil refund ur mb sharp sharp

Thank u bro. What is nnc? I just tried now and it says number doesn't exist
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Barywhyte(m): 4:14am On Apr 17, 2016
Chomsky1967:
They did the same thing to me in 2014and since then it's been a battle with them. I thought coming to this platform would help but JideSM just got my details and voicemail since then. Mtn, the biggest scam ever in Nigeria. I just might have to call now as enochogaga suggested.

Imagine the fraud being perpetrated by MTN, I only used 1G out of 4.5G the day I subscribed. The network was so fast that night I remember. After some days I tried to use and it doesn't connect; not even a page opened and I check balance only to see 677MB all the way from 3.5G how?

Now why is it hard 4 these guys @MTN180 to show me d breakdown of my data usage between 5th, the day of activation and 16th, if there is any truth in the claim?
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Chomsky1967(f): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Barywhyte:

Imagine the fraud being perpetrated by MTN, I only used 1G out of 4.5G the day I subscribed. The network was so fast that night I remember. After some days I tried to use and it doesn't connect; not even a page opened and I check balance only to see 677MB all the way from 3.5G how?

Now why is it hard 4 these guys @MTN180 to show me d breakdown of my data usage between 5th, the day of activation and 16th, if there is any truth in the claim?
Lucky you, you even got to use some of the data. I wasn't that lucky, my money was deducted, the data never came and they immediately sent a message that my data has been exhausted! shocked. From when I loaded, the deduction and when the message came didnt take three minutes! So my question is, even if the data came, is it possible to use over 2gb in 3 minutes? Na spaceship I download? Mtn must refund our lost data or give us back our money. As for me I have totally lost faith in them, they are not credible. # mtn giveusourmoney
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Barywhyte:

They contacted me. Still claiming that I used entire 3G in one day. All am asking is for these guys to provide me with the breakdown of my data usage between 5th and 16th April. If there is any truth in what they are saying, let them show me. This isn't d first time I use this same line 2 subscribe for 4.5G data. I did it severally last year and this nonsense doesn't happen.

All I wanna see is the breakdown of how this data was used. I think am not asking for too much

Do u by any chance connect ur modem to ur computer/laptop? Do u have windows 10 running on ur computer/laptop? If yes then that is probably ur culprit. Window 10 does not have a toggle to turn off automatic update, and knowing windows, there will always be an update , ur computer cannot be up to date for a period of 1 week. So it is likely ur windows 10 downloaded an update for the period u went online.

I subscribe for MTN 2gb for 2k and my data is always intact, they charge me for what I use. I subscribed a few days ago and updated the software on my phone, about 1.3gb and I still had about 500mb left after the update. The walk around for the windows 10 automatic update is to set ur network as metered network under settings. Once u do that windows 10 will not download any update unless u download manually, also ur antivirus will stop updating to save data.

I use to experience this same thing in the past with Spectranet, 25gb would last less than 2 weeks because windows 10 is always downloading update. Ever since I turned my connection to metered network there has been a drastic improvement.

If u are not connected to windows 10 and ur data was unfairly deducted, then u have a case.
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Barywhyte(m): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
greenhulk:

Do u by any chance connect ur modem to ur computer/laptop? Do u have windows 10 running on ur computer/laptop? If yes then that is probably ur culprit. Window 10 does not have a toggle to turn off automatic update, and knowing windows, there will always be an update , ur computer cannot be up to date for a period of 1 week. So it is likely ur windows 10 downloaded an update for the period u went online.

I subscribe for MTN 2gb for 2k and my data is always intact, they charge me for what I use. I subscribed a few days ago and updated the software on my phone, about 1.3gb and I still had about 500mb left after the update. The walk around for the windows 10 automatic update is to set ur network as metered network under settings. Once u do that windows 10 will not download any update unless u download manually, also ur antivirus will stop updating to save data.

I use to experience this same thing in the past with Spectranet, 25gb would last less than 2 weeks because windows 10 is always downloading update. Ever since I turned my connection to metered network there has been a drastic improvement.

If u are not connected to windows 10 and ur data was unfairly deducted, then u have a case.

Bro I don't use windows. My OS is Lubuntu variant of Linux. So its not about automatic update. Infact I remember on 5th that I used bittorent 2 download heavy file on windows 7 and I intentionally disabled automatic update. After d download my balance was 1.935G night plan and 1.535G day plan. That's all I used only 4me to see everything reduced to 667MB days later when I wanted 2use it again.
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by enochogaga(m): 6:43am On Apr 18, 2016
Barywhyte:

Thank u bro. What is nnc? I just tried now and it says number doesn't exist

Sory bro is NCC. Just call them on 622, and report mtn to them, mtn fear them pass devil.
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Manutd19: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Mtn is a scam. I loaded yesterday and 50 naira was deducted for caller tunez i never sub for. Called their customer care, no refund. They are just cheating people. I sub for the 4.5 twice in two weeks,
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by Barywhyte(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
enochogaga:

Sory bro is NCC. Just call them on 622, and report mtn to them, mtn fear them pass devil.

Thanks bro. I guess they don't work during weekends. I just called NCC now and narrated the situation. Within 48hours, I should get response, according to them

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by 0gbeni(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
same thing here, mtn deducted more than a 2GB last week without any explanation, called 180 and I keep getting gibberish.. subscribed for a new 2500 smartphone plan, my bbm won't connect and i can't use the night part of the data, day data has almost been exhausted..wahala dey oh
Re: Please Help Me MTN Is Defrauding Me by toprealman: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
I'm back to Glo just this week due to their mega bundle "bonanza". IT IS REALLY A NIGHTMARE DOING STUFF ONLINE. SENDING EMAIL OR DOWNLOADING IS HORRIBLY SLOW.
CC:ADENUGA

(1) (Reply)

How To Root And Unroot All Infinix Phones / Have You Submitted Your Nude Pictures To Facebook Today? Better Do So Now Before / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4/64 Plus Bluetooth Headset For Just 72k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.