Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn (672 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by petra22(f): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
I call this poem 'Worthless Thrills'

You would look into my soul and see me
You would bare your heart out to me and I would do likewise
You would tell me I look beautiful even when I was sick with mucus running down my nose
You would cook me dishes I couldn’t pronounce their names.
You were my gourmet chef, biggest fan, muse, spiritual counselor and overall best friend
You were a jack of all trade and a master of all in loving me
But I wanted more
You were my safe haven
But I wanted more.

So I sought and I found
He was more stunning than the characters in Harlequins with a nice whip and a house MTV cribs would die to feature
I liked how he would smack my butt in public glare
I liked how he drugged me up before doing all manner of bad things to my body
Unlike you, he made me feel dirty and oh how I loved it and loved him.

‘I love you’, I said. ‘I have a fiancé’, he said.

….blank stare.

‘I am sorry. I should have told you. I still like you. We can still be good friends. I’ll take care of all your needs….’

….darkness.

My eyes hurt as I try to open them.
Everywhere hurts
Everything hurts including the IV on my arm
Then I see you, smiling your beautiful innocent smile
I want my safe haven again but I know I could never have you back
For this guilt would never let me
Now I have lost my safe haven and my thriller is gone to be with his lady

Signed Jennifer Oge for http://strippedmind.com/

1 Like

Re: A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by cruzita(f): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
sad indeed.well written
Re: A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by Olasco93: 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
petra22:
I liked how he drugged me up before doing all manner of bad things to my body . Unlike you, he made me feel dirty and oh how I loved it and loved him.
Re: A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mmm...I really don't know what to say..
Re: A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by donbenedict(m): 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
Awwwwww..

cry

Gives her a handkerchief.

Come, u"ll be safe in my haven smiley
Re: A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by Varagous(f): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
hmmmm... what a loss!

1 Like

Re: A Heartbreaking Poem, Ladies Read And Learn by Joeyy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Good for ya!

(1) (Reply)

Poem And Rhyme Lovers Over Here / A Short Story / Not Like Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.