Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones (26335 Views)

Why Are We So Addicted To Our Phones??? / Do We Really Need Microsd In Our Phones? / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Sunnycliff(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
They aren't really weird naa
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by kennyman2000(m): 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lol
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by GeniusDavid(m): 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
cool. Neighbors house grin 9). Hospitals grin
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by kinziking(m): 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by bbmoringa: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
At network service provider mast,to be specific,an airtel mast very close to my house,the security man collects N40/PHONE.
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by echelons(m): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
At home and at the office.
I don't really bother.
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Larynx(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Nickymezor(f): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mostly @ home.... Some times @ the Saloon.
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Happykenski(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
Sometimes I go to the Kingdom Hall early so that I can have a space to charge my phone before others will come and occupied all the sockets...
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by koolkamzzy(m): 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Airport /Airplane
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by AyamConfidence(m): 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Last time i charged in church, my phone was stolen but the Lord arrested him and he returned it after stealing my memory card...i go finish that boy tomorrow...my 8gb cant go like that na
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by AyamConfidence(m): 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
Happykenski:
Sometimes I go to the Kingdom Hall early so that I can have a space to charge my phone before others will come and occupied all the sockets...
Brother or Sister...desist from that o...check my comment 2 spaces below yours...no be everybody there be brother o...and repent o...i don learn lesson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by JohnnyBling(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
F..u..c..k mehn,, in this era of chains (epileptic power and fuel scarcity)..ion care where i charge,, as long as i gets me bars angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by MNDY(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Obinovictor:
Lecture halls... I remember my university days, heavy charging always going on behind even during a lecture

As in ehn . . . serious heavy charging! Alhough, a very wicked lecturer would not allow it amidst his lecture!
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by haconjy(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by larrytorch(m): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
Nah this country cause am nah. FUNAABITES that stay at camp would understand these places during camp blackouts "Dambold filling station, Energy fuel station , JAO 1-3, MP 1 and 2 and COLFECH. You go fear charger, extensions and gadgets.

so u be funaabite ! tot as much
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by tottinova: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
shogat:
Electric power shortage/unavailability has been a scourge in Nigeria, which we have adapted to as a country because there seems to be no solution presently at hand.

In this era of smart phones, that comes with major flaw of having battery life that tend to drain out faster: Nigerians have to improvise alternative means to charge their phones since not everybody can afford using the generator always. You see people moving about with their charger looking for any available opportunity to charge their phones.

Here are some of the weirdest places we charge our phones.

1.Gas Stations: since the stations need to power their generators when selling fuel, people use that opportunity to locate the nearest one to them to charge their devices. There is high rate of theft here and also not possible when they don’t have fuel for sale.

2.Churches: people that attend church services in my area to charge their phones is increasing daily. They now pray the service last longer so that they can charge longer. You will see their demeanour change or turn back home whenever the church’s generator is faulty.

3.Banks: so I was on a queue inside one of the new generation banks, when a very good looking man came in and went directly to the water dispenser to drink a cup of water; immediately located an electricity wall-socket and plugged in his charger then sat down like someone about to deposit a huge sum of money (na charge e come charge). Many banks are halting such activities in their premises for security reasons.

4.Commercial Buses/taxies: people don’t struggle only for comfortable seats in buses again, they now struggle to use the car charger. They pass turn as if is a matter of life and death and some even forgets to pick their phones while alighting.

5.Salons: this is always an opportunity for me to charge since am a customer and I take it that charging is one of the services offered by the salon. The time limit depends on the style but as a sharp guy, to extend my charging time, I find faults and always correct the barber for long so that he will take his time while I continue my act.

6.Football Viewing Centres: 90 minutes is too much of a time to stay without charging after paying to watch a match. People flood viewing centres with their gadgets in order to charge them while enjoying the match. One’s attention is always divided since one must be vigilant because of thieves.

7.Restaurants: hungry or not, sometimes I just take a walk to a restaurant across my street; order a bottle of drink; sit close to a wall socket then plug in my charger then chill and enjoy my bottle for the next 2 hours till I get a full battery.

where do you charge your phones folks?

Nepa forced me to charge my phone at my enemy's house.
No light in my neighbourhood nd he was the only 1 who had fuel in his generator.

I regret that day, buh I had no other option.
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Sard(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
Out of the seven places the Op listed, I haven't charged my phones in commercial buses, gas stations and banks.
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Abbeyunique2(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
larrytorch:

so u be funaabite ! tot as much
That is my alma mata. Funaabite ahooo
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by martinchinedu(m): 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
Omoh na bet9ja shop sure pass oo
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Leeeekeeee: 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Interview centers...

I was shocked to my marrow yesterday, the whole electric outlet in the hall we waited was occupied to the extent some came with multi-purpose socket..
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Rakishtony: 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Army barracks tongue
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Toxay(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
while here ,I leave my phone almost dead before charging it because there is always light 24/7

1 Like

Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Opeyemibayonle(m): 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
In the mosque ...
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by pwettiejay(f): 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
My sister's neighbor's friend's neighbor's house facing a saloon wink
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by vicstar(m): 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
see. What happened after I bought fuel. cry .

Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by johncasey1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
Nah this country cause am nah. FUNAABITES that stay at camp would understand these places during camp blackouts "Dambold filling station, Energy fuel station , JAO 1-3, MP 1 and 2 and COLFECH. You go fear charger, extensions and gadgets.
OP, You forgot Network masts
You get am die bro,
U no include 24 hours

1 Like

Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
ijaw1stson:
looool blackberry babe
Lol cheesy
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by 123gist(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Our street transformer, or most tym when there is no light in the transformer I just go straight to the high tension.

FYI have been using this trick for almost 5yrs now for more info call me cheesy wink smiley
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by banmee(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
shogat:
Electric power shortage/unavailability has been a scourge in Nigeria, which we have adapted to as a country because there seems to be no solution presently at hand.

In this era of smart phones, that comes with major flaw of having battery life that tend to drain out faster: Nigerians have to improvise alternative means to charge their phones since not everybody can afford using the generator always. You see people moving about with their charger looking for any available opportunity to charge their phones.

Here are some of the weirdest places we charge our phones.

1.Gas Stations: since the stations need to power their generators when selling fuel, people use that opportunity to locate the nearest one to them to charge their devices. There is high rate of theft here and also not possible when they don’t have fuel for sale.

2.Churches: people that attend church services in my area to charge their phones is increasing daily. They now pray the service last longer so that they can charge longer. You will see their demeanour change or turn back home whenever the church’s generator is faulty.

3.Banks: so I was on a queue inside one of the new generation banks, when a very good looking man came in and went directly to the water dispenser to drink a cup of water; immediately located an electricity wall-socket and plugged in his charger then sat down like someone about to deposit a huge sum of money (na charge e come charge). Many banks are halting such activities in their premises for security reasons.

4.Commercial Buses/taxies: people don’t struggle only for comfortable seats in buses again, they now struggle to use the car charger. They pass turn as if is a matter of life and death and some even forgets to pick their phones while alighting.

5.Salons: this is always an opportunity for me to charge since am a customer and I take it that charging is one of the services offered by the salon. The time limit depends on the style but as a sharp guy, to extend my charging time, I find faults and always correct the barber for long so that he will take his time while I continue my act.

6.Football Viewing Centres: 90 minutes is too much of a time to stay without charging after paying to watch a match. People flood viewing centres with their gadgets in order to charge them while enjoying the match. One’s attention is always divided since one must be vigilant because of thieves.

7.Restaurants: hungry or not, sometimes I just take a walk to a restaurant across my street; order a bottle of drink; sit close to a wall socket then plug in my charger then chill and enjoy my bottle for the next 2 hours till I get a full battery.

where do you charge your phones folks?

I don't know what you are talking about. I charge my shiit at home all day everyday. cool
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by timilehin007(m): 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
dearsly:

Omo ya network is fast!!!
Wanted to book space o....
Error corrected
is not a small suntin wink. You and booking space be like bread and bama
Re: 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones by Jackpat(m): 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
op wch one is ur fone outta d 3 fones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 8 Is Official : Its Dual Camera Boasts Zeiss Lens And OZO Audio / How Do I Stop MTN Services Popup Message / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.