Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine (35156 Views)

Nigerian Lady Caught With Cocaine In Her Vagina In India (Photo) / NDLEA Arrests Woman, Two Men For Drug Trafficking (photos) / Russian Woman Set Up By Her Nigerian Lover, Caught With Cocaine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by olokeded: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a mother of three who faked pregnancy with 86 pellets of white powdery substances that tested positive to cocaine.
Dorothy Onyekasi, 41,‎ was intercepted at the Lagos airport during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The cocaine has a total weight of 1.720 kilogrammes with an estimated street value of N20.6 million Naira, the NDLEA said in a statement on Saturday.
Ahmadu Garba, NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, said the wraps of cocaine would have been easily mistaken for pregnancy.
“It was discovered that the suspect kept 86 wraps of cocaine inside a waist bag which was tied to her stomach,” said Mr. Garba.
“Unfortunately, the drug was detected by NDLEA officers on her arrival from Dubai. The drug was immediately packed and weighed in her presence.”

The suspect, who said she’s an importer of female bags and shoes,‎ said her involvement in drug trafficking was a mistake.

“I am separated from my husband who left me with three children. I used to import female bags and shoes from Dubai. My involvement in drug trafficking is a mistake and I take responsibility for my action.
“I travelled to Dubai to buy my goods. While I was preparing to return, I met a man in Dubai who gave me the drug and promised to give me enough money to expand my business. He also told me that when I get to Nigeria, he will call his partner to collect the drug and give me my money.”
The suspect said on arrival in Nigeria, officials of the NDLEA detected the drugs at the airport.
“It is all my fault.,” Ms. Onyekasi, who hails from Enugu State, said.
“If only I was contented with the profit from the sales of my goods; I would not have been in this problem.”
Muhammed Abdallah‎, NDLEA’s Chairman described recent drug seizures at the Lagos airport as a welcome development that is capable of forcing drug cartels to a retreat.
“In the past few days, the NDLEA has recorded numerous arrests and drug seizures at the Lagos airport,” said Mr. Abdallah, a retired colonel.
“The drug cartels have also suffered huge losses from these operations. This particular suspect feigned pregnancy with wraps of cocaine but she was caught by vigilant narcotic agents.
“Some of the suspects recently apprehended concealed drugs in their socks and luggage while others ingested wraps of cocaine in disregard of the danger to their health. In spite of their craftiness, we are daily stopping them from perpetrating their criminal act and forcing them to a retreat.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201897-nigerias-drug-agency-arrests-woman-faked-pregnancy-wraps-cocaine.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Sunofgod(m): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
Name Checkers Associations - food is ready.

[NL apologizes for the delay today.......enjoy respectfully!]

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Originality007: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
olokeded:
A woman, pretending to be pregnant was arrested today at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport today.

Eagle-eyed officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) saw through the fake pregnancy and found that was carrying wraps of substances suspected to be cocaine.

Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, spokesman of the agency said the 41 year old mother of three, Dorothy Onyekas, had in her ‘womb’ 86 pellets of white powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine.

“The drug was intercepted during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

“The substance has a total weight of 1.720 kilogrammes with an estimated street value of N20.6 million,’’ Ofoyeju said.

He quoted the NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Ahmadu Garba, as saying that the wraps of cocaine would have been easily mistaken for pregnancy.

“It was discovered that the suspect kept 86 wraps of cocaine inside a waist bag which was tied to her stomach.

`Unfortunately, the drug was detected by NDLEA officers on her arrival from Dubai. The drug was immediately packed and weighed in her presence.

“It had a gross weight of 1.720 kilogrammes,’’ Ahmadu stated.

The statement also quoted the chairman of the agency, Mr Muhammad Abdallah, as describing the recent drug seizures at this airport a welcome development that was capable of forcing drug cartels to a retreat.

“In the past few days, the NDLEA has recorded numerous arrests and drug seizures at the Lagos airport.

“The drug cartels have also suffered huge losses from these operations. This particular suspect feigned pregnancy with wraps of cocaine but she was caught by vigilant narcotic agents.

“Some of the suspects recently apprehended concealed drugs in their socks and luggage while others ingested wraps of cocaine in disregard of the danger to their health.

“In spite of their craftiness, we are daily stopping them from perpetrating their criminal act and forcing them to a retreat.
“She will be charged to court soon,’’ Abdallah said

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/ndlea-arrests-woman-pregnant-with.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Let me just Check the name and report,
Reading...................................Oh! That name again, well am not surprise

Nigeria Association Of Name Checker

Surulere branch,
Lagos State

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
In the land of hardworking jews,a woman worked harder.
Her name MRS ONYEKA

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by CR77(f): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nairaland is gradually turning me to a tribalist o.

I was only interested in her names

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by DaBullIT(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
I came to check names

I wasn't disappointed grin

Na dem

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Its the hard-working Lagos developers again!

Now I understand why they call Yorubas lazy and they
claiming to be hard-working. It took me a whole lot of time to figure it out

This is why It annoys the hell out of me when i see some Yorubas
cosigning this hardworking and industrious nonsense they claim.

We might as well call you a criminal if you think they are hardworking/industrious

We have nothing in common with them which is why I don't understand why some
Yorubas still kiss their butts forming One Nigeria. Criminality is against our Omoluabi ethos

Just this week alone, we've had like 7 on the front page, what about the thousands that haven't been caught
The ones who are looking to get into it

No wonder they also claim richest grin Richest my ebony ass

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by lollmaolol(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Oh my gosh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Pavore9: 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Glad she was caught as many of them think they are smarter than those who no matter how little are earning their daily bread legitimately.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by omokoladele(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
The Isrealities are at it again grin grin

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by PentiumPro(f): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hardly any surprise here.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by seunlayi(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Another tommorow millionaire aborted

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by PentiumPro(f): 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
DaBullIT:
I came to check names

I wasn't disappointed grin

Na dem

Check or to confirm ?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by YourNemesis: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hhahahaha..... Na dem dem
Ndi Obos at it again ...... Doing what they are best known for. Lives of crime and dirty wealth.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
lol
Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by OPCYOUTH: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
The hustle is real......

I will never die poor....

In Jesus name..... AMEN.

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Ptoocool(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
If the thing burst now for her tummy and she conceive with a twin baby,, guess who she go born?
.Another Anini

And

SARAKI_ss_and_tell grin

11 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Chinom(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Remove this nonsense from the FP. It's getting stale. Your bias is becoming very obvious. We all know who owns what crime by now.

.....Delete this as usual.....

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Addicted2Women: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nairaland is so racist.
Look at all the racist comments above, they won't ban them because they're from the same tribe.

But let me show you how easy is it to ban a non Yoruba.

I heard they eat human meat and drink children's blood in Yorubaland

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by YourNemesis: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
The Cursed tribe of Israel will never learn a thing in their lives ..... spits!

See her face like that of a "Shigidi Orita meta".

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by ajoskele(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
From the landlocked area.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by kennyman2000(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
igbo kwenu! Hardworking people.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by martinifeanyi(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Eyaaaa............. Well at least she was wise enuf to blame herself.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by CecyAdrian(f): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
cheesy cheesy Name Checkers Association NCA will not kill one on Nairaland oooo cheesy

34 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Na them now
Association of name checkers

Karshi branch
Abuja

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by PentiumPro(f): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Just look how racist this fuccker is, he won't be banned because the moderators are Yoruba.
But let me make my own racist comment and you will see how i will be banned.

Yoruba girls na ashawo.
My comment will be deleted and i will be banned, trust me
See how the thing dey pain you

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by victorvezx(m): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Na dem again oh, the Abuja and Lagos developers. The wisest and most hardworking tribe, the so-called superior tribe in Nigeria.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Musharraf: 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Came to check names

21 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by Zico5(m): 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
Which name checking again? Without even opening the thread I know she must be isrealites. Enjoy maximum time in kirikiri ma

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by SirdeKay: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
It's like Dubai is the new transport hub for drug business these days and I often wonder how our people manage to slip through their very tight dragnet in Dubai only to be detected here. Also our NDLEA needs to find out the particular individuals in Dubai that are sponsoring this illicit business.

16 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine by YourNemesis: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Chinom:
Remove this nonsense from the FP. It's getting stale. Your bias is becoming very obvious.

.....Delete this.....

What stupid bias are you talking about?
It is well known that the people from the region east of the niger are certified drug mules and crime addicts.

47 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

120 Kilos Of Cocaine Wash Up On Australian Beaches / Man Robbed After Giving A Stranger A Lift In Lagos (Photos) / 7-year-old Girl Manifests Signs Of Mental Illness After Rape By Two Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.