Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,020 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen (1110 Views)

Big Cobra Killed Near My Construction Site At Abijo GRA, Lekki (Photos) / Giant Monitor Lizard Captured In Lekki Today And Slaughtered In No Time / See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by macino1(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
I always notice this paticular blind Lizard on the wall close to my snail farm each night I go to inspect/feed my snails. The funny thing about the Lizard is that it appears to have no visible eyes (only a swollen eye socket). Yet, it always maintain the same spot to pass the night every day and then by morning its gone.
Now my questions are:
1.Can a Lizard use other sensory organ to aid movements?
2. How come it is able to trace itself back to the same spot every night. Do they have memory?

Please, your explanations, comments, etc will be useful for enlightenment/education

Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by Leeeekeeee: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2016
Witches they monitor ur snail, u dey here dey ask Jamb queshion..

1 Like

Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 12:16am On Apr 17, 2016
This Lizard escaped something. Perhaps it was about to be used as burnt offering in one coven....

Anyways my uneducated answer is: That lizard isn't blind. If it was it would have been eaten by predators a long time ago. But somehow it manages to avoid Kites, Hawks, Snakes and Stones.....and come spend the night at your place. In this instance, "Okpolo Eye Na Open Eye".

1 Like

Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by fistonati(m): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2016
You have just been activated from your village.
Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by macino1(m): 9:52am On Apr 17, 2016
fistonati:
You have just been activated from your village.
Lol. Says you. Not when I know that He that is in me is greater than a billion Heeeeessss that is in the world. Trust me, I am a life wire to the enemies.

Leeeekeeee:
Witches they monitor ur snail, u dey here dey ask Jamb queshion..
Lol. I only said close to my snail farm. By the way, it cannot see without eyes now.
Well, I only seek scientific explanation. Otherwise, the post will be in religious thread. Thanks!

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala, rocktation come and see

1 Like

Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by macino1(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
Anyways my uneducated answer is: That lizard isn't blind. If it was it would have been eaten by predators a long time ago. But somehow it manages to avoid Kites, Hawks, Snakes and Stones.....and come spend the night at your place.
This may be more of an answer, though I couldn't see any visible eyes, the reasons for my inquisitiveness.
I remember my childhood, when we normally chase them, catch the Lizard only to give them injection believing to be doctors. The particular one that keep me surprise was when we injected one particular Lizard with Mentholated Spirit and the Lizard's colour was melting out from the body.
Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by Leeeekeeee: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2016
macino1:

Lol. Says you. Not when I know that He that is in me is greater than a billion Heeeeessss that is in the world. Trust me, I am a life wire to the enemies.

Lol. I only said close to my snail farm. By the way, it cannot see without eyes now.
Well, I only seek scientific explanation. Otherwise, the post will be in religious thread. Thanks!

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala, rocktation come and see

U don't know Bats without eyes sees into the future
Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 18, 2016
Blame it on the change of the economy..

Re: See The Mysterious Lizard I Saw Near My Pen by macino1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
grayht:
Blame it on the change of the economy..
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Nexus Pulse: Dealer In Solar Panels, Streetlight, Batteries, Inverters / New LG Home Theater For Sale / I Need Someone To Help On Web Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.