Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account (4875 Views)

Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result. / Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts / Nigeria Naira Appreciates To N364 Per Dollar In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2016
Hello house,

I want to send money abroad. I want to send Naira into a Naira denominated UK account, Barclays Bank PLC.

How do i go about it?

Please note: It's a Naira to Naira transaction, and i have the naira account of the company in the UK whose account is with Barclays Bank PLC.

This company wants me to transfer the money into their account...Western Union/Moneygram not accepted!
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by orunto27: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2016
Go to Union Bank plc. Pay in your Naira into the Naira account number at Barclays Bank plc overseas.
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2016
orunto27:
Go to Union Bank plc. Pay in your Naira into the Naira account number at Barclays Bank plc overseas.

Do i need to have an account with Union Back PLC?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by orunto27: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2016
No need but if have the easier it is for you and the Banks.
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
orunto27:
No need but if have the easier it is for you and the Banks.

Okay, thanks.

Do you have an idea of the charges involved? How long will it for the bank in the UK to receive the fund?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2016
dest4real:

Okay, thanks.

Do you have an idea of the charges involved? How long will it for the bank in the UK to receive the fund?
Bros how did it go?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 8:17pm On May 12, 2016
So its naira accounts can be opened outside Nigeria i never knew!
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 8:57pm On May 29, 2016
suyamasta:
Bros how did it go?

No luck yet ooo
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2016
suyamasta:
So its naira accounts can be opened outside Nigeria i never knew!

With Barclays Bank PLC, yes!
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2016
dest4real:

With Barclays Bank PLC, yes!
Ok but i was wondering is naira spendable in the UK? or are there BDCs who help the naira holder to exchange for pounds or euro?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2016
suyamasta:
Ok but i was wondering is naira spendable in the UK? or are there BDCs who help the naira holder to exchange for pounds or euro?

My challenge is how to transfer the naira from Nigeria
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 6:46pm On May 30, 2016
dest4real:

My challenge is how to transfer the naira from Nigeria
Ok try firstbank they have branch in UK
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 1:50am On May 31, 2016
suyamasta:
Ok try firstbank they have branch in UK

I think the whole process is complicated. Even if they have branch in the UK, i think for the transaction to go through, i think they also need to have a naira account with Barclays. That way, they (First Bank) will debit my own naira account here in Nigeria and instruct Barclays Bank to debit their own naira account and credit the Beneficiary account (the person i'm pay naira to in the UK).

The question now is: which bank in Nigeria will have a naira account with Barclays Bank PLC, London?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2016
dest4real:

I think the whole process is complicated. Even if they have branch in the UK, i think for the transaction to go through, i think they also need to have a naira account with Barclays. That way, they (First Bank) will debit my own naira account here in Nigeria and instruct Barclays Bank to debit their own naira account and credit the Beneficiary account (the person i'm pay naira to in the UK).

The question now is: which bank in Nigeria will have a naira account with Barclays Bank PLC, London?

Or you can visit their lagos branch or call them

Barclays Group Representative Office
Southgate House
Udi Street Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria
Phone number: +234 (1) 7901346/7
Fax: + 234 (1) 2696233
Hours: M, Tu, Th, Fr, 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
W, 9.30 am - 4.00 pm
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2016
suyamasta:
Or you can visit their lagos branch or call them

Barclays Group Representative Office
Southgate House
Udi Street Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria
Phone number: +234 (1) 7901346/7
Fax: + 234 (1) 2696233
Hours: M, Tu, Th, Fr, 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
W, 9.30 am - 4.00 pm

I'm not in Lagos, and their phone number has never gone through.
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2016
dest4real:

I'm not in Lagos, and their phone number has never gone through.
Have you tried the Union bank option?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by yomalex(m): 8:03am On May 31, 2016
Would like to know the end of this
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 12:47pm On May 31, 2016
suyamasta:

Have you tried the Union bank option?

I just got back from Union Bank. I was told that all international transaction must go through a domiciliary account!
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 2:29pm On May 31, 2016
dest4real:

I just got back from Union Bank. I was told that all international transaction must go through a domiciliary account!

Ok but for a naira account to be available in the UK there must be a way to fund it
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2016
suyamasta:
Ok but for a naira account to be available in the UK there must be a way to fund it

My brother help me see o

Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 3:20pm On May 31, 2016
dest4real:

My brother help me see o
Are you sure its not photoshop?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by cmoney22222: 6:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Have you done this? I am also interested on this too

dest4real:

My brother help me see o
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anabell2:

Is it that you want to pay naira to receive pounds in UK Account?

I can help you, if the amount involved isn't too much.

You pay naira into naira account & i will pay pounds into UK Account?

Naira Account is Skye Gbobal Account opened in UK

Okay, how do we go about it?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
suyamasta:
Are you sure its not photoshop?

No it is not. Barclays Bank UK, allows customers to open account in more than 20 currencies.
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
cmoney22222:
Have you done this? I am also interested on this too

Bro, no way forward yet!
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by suyamasta(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
dest4real:

No it is not. Barclays Bank UK, allows customers to open account in more than 20 currencies.
Looks like else we should have known by now
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
suyamasta:
Looks like else we should have known by now

Check on their website...
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Anabell2:

Is it that you want to pay naira to receive pounds in UK Account?

I can help you, if the amount involved isn't too much.

You pay naira into naira account & i will pay pounds into UK Account?

Naira Account is Skye Gbobal Account opened in UK

Bro, how does the Skye Global Account look like?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by cmoney22222: 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
_
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by cmoney22222: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello, you found a way arund this bro?

dest4real:

Bro, how does the Skye Global Account look like?
Re: Transfer From Nigeria Naira Account To Barclays Bank PLC (UK) Naira Account by dest4real(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
cmoney22222:
Hello, you found a way arund this bro?

No way yet bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s October Manufacturing PMI Expands To 58.2 Points / Ibtc Equity Fund? / Dollar Wahala: See What People Who Want Cheaper Rates Should Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.