Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever (48104 Views)

5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Mini Bus For Hire Purchase / UNIZIK Students Make Mini Bus From Local Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Funkychic(f): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
Lol,....see d face like naija face#demtryshaa#
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
zikIPE:
with the current economic condition of Nigeria, how much can you muster to undertake such a project? Coupled with the fact that Nigerian universities don't teach jack.

Learn to appreciate people's efforts instead of ridiculing them.
He just aired his mind now.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Putinofrussia: 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
Gext:
If the engines were not built by them, then there is nothing impressive here.
BTW, why are Nigerians not interested in basic aeronautical projects like drones ?
That's where all the fun is.
I hope your nation gets there one day.A drop makes the mighty ocean.
Two Nigerians,I believe have built drones from scratch.I saw the news.

Two Nigerian mini-aircraft wizards hold
minister spellbound
ON March 9, 2016 7:34 AM / IN
Technology / Comments
By Emmanuel Elebeke

IN the past, it would only happen in a fairy
tale. But today, it’s happening live and the
world is becoming witness to the talents
being unleashed to the society through
Nigeria. How else can one describe a country
which teenagers could design and produce a
mini-aircraft that could fly for about 3000 to
4000 miles above the sea level and covering a
distance of about five to six kilometers.
This was witnessed by the Minister of Science
and Technology Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, with staff
of the ministry and other observers when the
Delta State born inventor of the technology,
Aghogho Ajiyen and Ayola Olaolu of Oyo State
demonstrated their craft at Eagle Square,
Abuja last week. Ajiyen, an indigene of
Oghara, in Delta state told the minister that
his creativity and passion for aircraft
fabrication dated back to his teenage years
when he watched planes land and take off
from the Old Warri airport.
Ajiyen who also told the minister that he
neither had formal education nor entered an
aircraft in his life, said he only conducted
personal research and read books until he
discovered some of the basic principles of
flight and converted them into a real live
machine. His words: “when I was very small,
around 1992, I tried to build my first aircraft,
living somewhere around old airport in Warri,
where I used to see aircrafts flying up and
landing. Before then, I had been building cars.
But seeing planes triggered a passion in me
to create something that can resist the
downward pull of gravity.
“In that 1992, I tried but it did not move not
to talk of flying. I tried again in 1994, but no
way. At a time, I concluded that these white
men were into some voodoo and I eventually
backed off.
“Not being too comfortable, I decided to go
back. In 1997, I tried again and at a point I
mustered courage, insisting that even if it
means dying there, at least to prove that a
black man can do it. I went into a research,
reading books until I discovered some of the
basic principles of flight, pressure, Newtons
Law of Motion among others. I also went
further to study how the powers in the
principles can be converted into a real live
machine.
“It was after these much struggle that around
1999, I built another plane, in a very shaky
way, it was a able to leave the ground to just
a couple of feat. To me then, it was a major
milestone but to people around, it was a
waste of time. But from 1999 to date, I have
been able to refine and transform that
primitive plane to sophisticated master piece I
have shown today.” In his remarks, the
Minister said he was happy that the strength
of Nigeria can not only be described as lying
in the mineral resources but also in the
citizens.
He assured that the ministry would assist all
Nigerian inventors to realize their dreams by
making their ideas become products and
services to the global market place that will
be of tremendous benefit to the nation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/two-nigerian-mini-aircraft-wizards-hold-minister-spellbound/
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
zikIPE:
with the current economic condition of Nigeria, how much can you muster to undertake such a project? Coupled with the fact that Nigerian universities don't teach jack.

Learn to appreciate people's efforts instead of ridiculing them.
you have a point there!
Nigerian Federal schools don't really teach but see what they have done outside the walls of the school.
these guys will build an estate in a desert.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by clerkent(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

This "mini bus" looks like one from a cartoon network grin grin grin

I wonder what's the fastest speed of this bus? shocked
yes and they are made by ndi igbo which shows that we have brains for something nt traveling from one country to another because our oil failed us tell the dullard to channel resources to the engineers and reap the dividend.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by adoleSunday: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
These's awesome,let gud Nigerians invest In this they may make smthin nicer n flashya with encouragement n support cheesy
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Newtonianisaac(m): 12:05am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

[quote author=KashyBaby post=44785437]Lol.... grin

Na wa for you o
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Putinofrussia: 12:06am On Apr 18, 2016
saveall:
WOW, Thumbs up. THIS IS BETTER THAN UNILAG THAT IS STILL PRODUCING CANNOE WITH PADDLE. grin
I think what UNILAG students built was at a higher level than UNIZIK 'mini bus'.They are all teething stages.But I prefer this.

A group of Mechanical
Engineering students from the
University of Lagos have built
an electric-powered car from
scratch, using locally sourced
materials.
The project, which began in
2014, was initiated by two
engineering graduates (then
undergrads), Olukoya
Olusanya and Maduka Smart,
who later enlisted the help of
other mechanical engineering
students. The result of the
collaboration was a zero
emission electric powered
prototype vehicle called
dubbed the DOVE P1.
The DOVE P1, which is made
of a fibre glass body, weighs
in at about 200kg and is
capable of speeds of up to 35
km/h.
One would question
the viability an electric car in
a nation that struggles with
reliable power supply, but
team Olukoya Olusanya thinks
otherwise. “Cars are going
electric”, he said in an
interview with CCTV News,
“and I believe that in the next
15 years, more than half of all
cars sold around the world
will be either partially electric
or fully electric”.
https://techpoint.ng/2016/01/25/dove-p1-unilag-electric-car/
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by manuelrukky(m): 12:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Pure intellect... Students Flash!!! Dnt forget you can trade on campus at www.studentsthingy.com Nigeria's #1 student online market place
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Newtonianisaac(m): 12:08am On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=chitosamax post=44785378]The thought that this mini bus was designed and constructed in Nigeria, by Nigerian Engineers and not foreign Engineers, working here as expatriates; is indeed a hard one to believe, as it is looking more foreign than home made.

The thought that it was produced inside the University workshop of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, by 7 Graduate Engineers of Mechanical Engineering Department, of the Faculty of Engineering, is certainly a hard bone to swallow.

These lads have given in their best, to put up this gigantic project within a very short frame of time, and thus, it has become the talk of the town.

One will wonder how undergraduates, who know they have got very limited time to stay in the University and so, should enjoy their last days within the 4-walls of the University, still gave in to stressful and strenuous nights at the workshop, just to write their names on the sands of time.

These guys are worth all the laurels and awards in this country at this particular point in time and thus, be given immediate employment, so that their brains and zeal towards invention are kept in line.

They are:
EZEIGWE CALLISTUS CHITOO
OBINANI VICTOR CHIMDIKE
NWOBODO NNAMDI MIRACLE
OGBU THADDEUS IKENNA
OMINIGBO FIDELIS IGHO
EZEANOLUE IFEANYI EMMA
OKORO CHINAZA

Obliviously, these students are geniuses, as it is only people in that category that can put up something like this, using crude equipment and 100% local content. They improvised for barely everything that can be found in that mini bus, from the chassis to its roofing.

The bus was even test driven in front of the Minister of state for Education, Prof Anthony Onwuka and other top dignitaries present during the National Universities Commission (NUC), held in UNIZIK. This goes a long way to tell the world out there that, this is Naija's giant invention, its has been tested, and its indeed it can be trusted.

A warm kudoz! to these guys, for it is certain that a bright future awaits them. A big congratulations to their supervisor and the Head of Department at that time, Dr. C.H Achebe, for giving his boys every necessary vigor they needed to carry out this work, and above all, for being leading by example.

We wish them the best in their field of specialization, as we look forward to bringing our country on the top list of Innovators in the world.
proudly a Zikite
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 18, 2016
Newtonianisaac:
[i][/i]

Why fuss? angry did someone ate ur soup too?
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 18, 2016
SeriousMinded:

If u can afford one, order for it, then u will know the speed limit. If this bus were made in china America you would have said otherwise. Learn to appreciates MADE By Nigerians undecided

If u can afford one, order for it, then u will know the speed limit. If this bus were made in china America you would have said otherwise. Learn to appreciates MADE By Nigerians.

I didn't mean to insult anyone...but this bus reminds me of those in the cartoons back day...
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 18, 2016
emtimes:
man! It runs faster than your pussee rides d1ck.

Oohh that's hot... wink
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by InvertedHammer: 12:31am On Apr 18, 2016
/
This nonsense needs to stop!

The essence of copying something is to improve it and not send it back to 1800s.

Nigeria is an untapped environment. Five years of engineering education should lead them towards inventing something that serves a purpose, and possibly be patented.

No light, no fuel. And no one is thinking of alternative energy instead of a bad welding job.
\
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 18, 2016
Chimapeters:

What was your project topic in ur university final days? Huh hv u been admitted yet?

Actually Im already working in a big corporation here in Sg... maybe it's u who never admitted yet... cool
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Gebbson007(m): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

re u tlkn abt magic school bus¿
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 18, 2016
saveall:
WOW, Thumbs up. THIS IS BETTER THAN UNILAG THAT IS STILL PRODUCING CANNOE WITH PADDLE. grin

This is what happens when you think you are up to date but you are actually centuries behind. You can't compare what UNILAG students did to that, they did something better. They always do.

http://pulse.ng/student/university-of-lagos-unilag-students-build-electric-eco-friendly-car-id4111803.html

Read and check up more links on the internet

P.S: they have improved on the car, I know this because I know a fellow working on the improvement as her final year project.

Cheers
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by nenergy(m): 1:12am On Apr 18, 2016
banmee:

Bros, stop that nonsense. Why are you asking rational questions. That is very unpatriotic of you. You are supposed to nod your head and say "Nigeria will be great again" even though it was never great. Let it not happen again.
I am very patriotic o, I only want technical information so I can brag about it on Facebook and twitter.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by vchykp(m): 1:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Waoo.. PMB would luv dis,it can take him anywhere in the world.

#kudos my great nigeria student#
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by rexzqcom(m): 2:39am On Apr 18, 2016
@op
You spent lines upon lines heaping praises.
Should have spared some of the lines to introduce the product. Like; engine type and cylinder volume. Transmission type and gears.interior comfort like a/c if any. Speed/time potential.etc, etc.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by wadetaw202: 2:41am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

I only hope it can move at all
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by moscobabs(m): 3:41am On Apr 18, 2016
ikombe:
na u i suppose ask. Cause i nono how dat mini bus take resemble toyota sienna

Ndi ara every where undecided
Omo ale
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Chimapeters(m): 4:41am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:

Actually Im already working in a big corporation here in Sg... maybe it's u who never admitted yet... cool

My dear I have not come here to trade words with you. You are only lucky to be engaged with a cooperation so don't boast of it.

The worlds famous inventions all had their miniature beginning, but now we are reaping the joy of their efforts.

Support good crafts and let it support you (all of us) as well.

#Commonsense
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by mark3009(m): 5:01am On Apr 18, 2016
Acidosis:
We are very good at mimicking Oyinbo's products.

1000 prototypes & immovable Nigerian versions of Bugatti won't stop importation of Keke Napep from India & China.
Guy you bad. But thats the bitter truth. Let's start producing simple keke napep. We have been seeing prototypes for too long. Anyway i commend their effort.

1 Like

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by nextstep(m): 5:31am On Apr 18, 2016
Oya name checkers association, don't forget this one oh. If it was bad thing you would have filled the roster by now. tongue
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 18, 2016
donholy28:
Igbos lead others follow...Igbo kwenu!!

cheesy
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

#rollingOnTheFloorLaughingHARD* cheesy
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 18, 2016
Ioannes:

#rollingOnTheFloorLaughingHARD* cheesy

See. Even u recollect something from ur childhood... grin

Do u like to watch cartoon network?? tongue

1 Like

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by ogahomale: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2016
I knw say e go be igbo students.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:

See. Even u recollect something from ur childhood... grin

Do u like to watch cartoon network?? tongue

hahaha... I just love cartoons.

the car and your comment made me remember all those funny characters with oddly shaped bodies, thin waists and yam legs with funny haircuts and vehicles that looked exactly like the topic of discussion. lol.

guess you're also a cartoon lover.
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 18, 2016
Ioannes:

hahaha... I just love cartoons.

the car and your comment made me remember all those funny characters with oddly shaped bodies, thin waists and yam legs with funny haircuts and vehicles that looked exactly like the topic of discussion. lol.

guess you're also a cartoon lover.

Oohh yes I do....I love cartoons so much... grin
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 18, 2016
KashyBaby:

Oohh yes I do....I love cartoons so much... grin
nice to meet a kindred spirit. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core / Manatee: Sea Cow Rescued In Lagos (Photo) / Beautiful But Deadly Poison Dart Frogs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.