Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,135 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions (1522 Views)

Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Emmahunk(m): 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
The traditional norm of starting public functions with Christian prayers and ending with Muslim prayers or vice versa may soon be a thing of the pas . A move in this direction has been initiated by the National Orientation Agency and is surprisingly gaining support. It is believed that this has become necessary so as to primarily accommodate other citizens who are neither Christians nor Muslims but at the same time help in the promotion of the second stanza of our National Anthem. Albeit this would cub the excesses of emergency Pastors and Imams, the second stanza of our National Anthem truly contains all the necessary prayers we need in this Nation. While many might not appreciate this, a recent function that played host to both Mr President and Vice President and where thesecond stanza of ourNational Anthem was used as opening prayer is a pointer to the fact that this might soon be the norm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by feldido(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Not a bad idea, I love it

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Mynd44: 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
If this is true,

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by odimbannamdi(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
Atheists used to be looked upon with pity and disdain. Nigeria is a country where you are either a Christian or Muslim and i see no harm in saying both prayers at a function. This law is a brazen herald to atheism and its promotion.

it is well

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by OlujobaSamuel: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
God bless whoever is introducing this. This is one of my plans if I happens to be in authority.
We have to be conscious of the personal beliefs of those around us.
if we recite the 2nd stanza, and you are not satisfy with the way God was mentioned, just insert your own definition of God in your mind, don't bore us with arabic or speaking in tongue that half of the room don't understand.
Some students these days can't even recite our 2nd stanza

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Atheists used to be looked upon with pity and disdain. Nigeria is a country where you are either a Christian or Muslim and i see no harm in saying both prayers at a function.
True Story.

Christians and Muslims will get the government to sponsor their 'pig'mirage to foreign countries, because Jerusalem and Mecca are Holy lands, not Osogbo or Owerri.

Holidays for Christmas, Ramadan, Eid-els and Easters.

Chistians and Muslims will fight and kill each other. Atheist and Animists , on the other hand, are going to hell.

Christians and Muslims can block federal roads in the name of their Gods.

But try to stop prayers at a public function in a 'secular country', they play victim. I tire for una. Na una preach heaven pass, na una like Earth pass.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
Mynd44:
If this is true,
I hope you have the black man blood in you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Aromas: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Then our second stanza should be made mandatory in our both private and public schools grin in as much It will guarantee the peace.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by wiegraf: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
op, your sauce? abi do you work at the orientation agency?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Standing5(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
May be that would help reset the brains of those terrorist and hypnotism using brother realize that before their fathers were conquered there was a religion.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Jirate(m): 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Is Banning Prayers at Public Functions The Change Nigerians are Waiting For? angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by johnydon22(m): 12:34am On Apr 18, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

True Story.

Christians and Muslims will get the government to sponsor their 'pig'mirage to foreign countries, because Jerusalem and Mecca are Holy lands, not Osogbo or Owerri.

Holidays for Christmas, Ramadan, Eid-els and Easters.

Chistians and Muslims will fight and kill each other. Atheist and Animists , on the other hand, are going to hell.

Christians and Muslims can block federal roads in the name of their Gods.

But try to stop prayers at a public function in a 'secular country', they play victim. I tire for una. Na una preach heaven pass, na una like Earth pass.

Christians and muslims shout persecution not because they are not getting equal rights but because they are not getting more rights than others

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by lilliesboy(m): 2:04am On Apr 18, 2016
Is been long we keep hearing this. They are just hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by ElDaIllest(m): 3:03am On Apr 18, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Atheists used to be looked upon with pity and disdain. Nigeria is a country where you are either a Christian or Muslim and i see no harm in saying both prayers at a function. This law is a brazen herald to atheism and its promotion.

it is well

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by IamAtribalist: 4:00am On Apr 18, 2016
cool If it happens I will celebrate. Religion is a curse for Nigerians. cool

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by M4gunners: 4:33am On Apr 18, 2016
Confused government. Is this the cause of fuel scarcity of power supply? It is the reason fulanies are killing Nigerians or what are they talking about?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by cold(m): 5:18am On Apr 18, 2016
I want to believe this but knowing how notoriously religious Nigerians are, this is just wishful thinking. You'll soon start hearing chants of persecution from both sides of the divide.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Rossikki: 7:19am On Apr 18, 2016
I always feel aggrieved for traditional religionists whenever we have this christian/muslim prayer stuff on the national stage. I'm thinking, ''Aren't traditional religionists part of this Nigeria, or are they from another planet?''

VERY GOOD DECISION.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 18, 2016
Rossikki:
''Aren't traditional religionists part of this Nigeria, or are they from another planet?''

VERY GOOD DECISION.
The 'TRUE OWNERS' have been disadvantaged on their own soil in favor of Allah and Yahweh, the twin brothers of destruction. Christians will approve burning down a shrine, then curse Boko Haram for bombing churches. LOL

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Protest In Aba As Soldiers Allegedly Killed Two Butchers. / Throwback Picture Of Oshinbajo And Tinubu @ Airport In 90s / Breaking News : Four Days To War Declaration, IPOB Finally Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.