Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof (1968 Views)

Difference Between Water Resistant And Water Proof Phones / Nomu S30 - Water Proof/dust Proof/shatter Proof Smartphone / New Advertisement! Battery Life of Samsung Galaxy S7 Related To A Time Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
I bought a galaxy S7 edge which was neatly use and working perfectly I actually enjoyed the sleek and premium feel not to mention how super fast it responded under heavy gaming.
So today I went for a friend's birthday party which was a pool party so I felt it will be great to show off and take a few underwater shots and knowing I can't swim good I avoid going in the deeper part.
First I couldn't take a good shot as the water didn't let take a clear picture I ended up getting out of the pool and the phone was working perfectly until I decided making a call then I noticed the speaker has been affected, I increased the volume but it was extremely low the I tried the loudspeaker and this thing didn't even sound as it should.

After a few restart with no changes I decided to post this so anyone who owns one should avoid water.

I hope I find a good technician to fix this.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Teeboy22(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I bought a galaxy S7 edge which was neatly use and working perfectly I actually enjoyed the sleek and premium feel not to mention how super fast it responded under heavy gaming.
So today I went for a friend's birthday party which was a pool party so I felt it will be great to show off and take a few underwater shots and knowing I can't swim good I avoid going in the deeper part.
First I couldn't take a good shot as the water didn't let take a clear picture I ended up getting out of the pool and the phone was working perfectly until I decided making a call then I noticed the speaker has been affected, I increased the volume but it was extremely low the I tried the loudspeaker and this thing didn't even sound as it should.

After a few restart with no changes I decided to post this so anyone who owns one should avoid water.

Take it back to Samsung office....

Y u sef dey show...lol
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Teeboy22:

Take it back to Samsung office....

Y u sef dey show...lol

It's not just about show off but quality test. Samsung claimed it can go 3metres for 30mins but this phone didn't ever go as deep and didn't stay up to 2 minutes

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Flashh: 12:21am On Apr 18, 2016
You need to attach some pics to back this up for we to know if truly you had such experience or not.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by kowalsky: 12:30am On Apr 18, 2016
Phonefanatic:

it's perfectly normal for the speaker to behave this way.. itd clear up after some time. cheers
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by dasphinx1(m): 12:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Flashh:
You need to attach some pics to back this up for we to know if truly you had such experience or not.

Bros, there is no need for pics na..... you na Flash..... just run go the OP past timeline and view it yourself then come back yarn us as the true story be grin

i hope you get my joke wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Flashh: 12:46am On Apr 18, 2016
dasphinx1:

Bros, there is no need for pics na..... you na Flash..... just run go the OP past timeline and view it yourself then come back yarn us as the true story be grin

Epic! grincheesy

4 Likes

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by 360koncepts: 12:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Whay must you show grin You don spoil ur phone now grin
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by omoalajah(m): 1:12am On Apr 18, 2016
This one is a joke o. How come S7 go come spoil after pool water? Hope that water is not corrupted sha? grin
dasphinx1:

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by gingerman876: 1:29am On Apr 18, 2016
You don enter one chance bro, take heart
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Abudu2000(m): 1:35am On Apr 18, 2016
better take back to em while you still can
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by yinka360nl1: 1:43am On Apr 18, 2016
You shouldnt have used immediately u got out of water. talking from experience. Keep calm and the phone will come back to its sense
Phonefanatic:

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 2:46am On Apr 18, 2016
kowalsky:

it's perfectly normal for the speaker to behave this way.. itd clear up after some time. cheers

Well I hope it does. I just woke up then tried again but no changes yet.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 2:49am On Apr 18, 2016
yinka360nl1:
You shouldnt have used immediately u got out of water. talking from experience. Keep calm and the phone will come back to its sense

Bro that's noted I never have an idea it shouldn't be used immediatel. Everything else works perfectly besides the speakers which sounds extremely low and messy.
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 2:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Flashh:

You just need the picture of the phone? How will the photo tell you how bad the speaker sounds?

Was just warning others who owns one and seeking to see if anyone else has such experience.
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Nobody: 4:04am On Apr 18, 2016
I dey craze, even if na waterproof or nylon proof abi na bagco proof, I will not knowingly put my phone I bought with my money inside water, even if am falling inside the water, I will still fling the phone to a safer area before falling into the water myself,no be naija I come from again,abegi no forming for my side o,any way thanks for your advice o jaree.

3 Likes

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 7:21am On Apr 18, 2016
Phone back to normal. From what I read online it's normal to face such afternoon into water you just have to give it time to dry up.

Thanks all my phone is working good now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by ShakurM(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2016
The phone is water resistant not water proof! And it's only for like 30minutes max depending on the depth of water
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by EEZe(m): 8:36am On Apr 18, 2016
u think sa na anyhow water de for 9aija' that water get Chlorophyllgrin

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Op, I knew the phone will be back to normal. Ip68 no be beans oh. Next time when u take ur phone under water try drying the water around the speaker and headphone jack area before trying to make a call with it.
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2016
greenhulk:
Op, I knew the phone will be back to normal. Ip68 no be beans oh. Next time when u take ur phone under water try drying the water around the speaker and headphone jack area before trying to make a call with it.

Thanks but I won't try again
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 9:24am On Apr 18, 2016
EEZe:
u think sa na anyhow water de for 9aija' that water get Chlorophyllgrin

LOL wellI checked on many android forums yesterday to find out so many other people experienced the same they only have to wait for it to dry off.
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Flashh: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
Phonefanatic:

You just need the picture of the phone? How will the photo tell you how bad the speaker sounds?

Was just warning others who owns one and seeking to see if anyone else has such experience.
It seems you don't know guys on here. They said seen is believing.

Adios!
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by paix(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Well I hope it does. I just woke up then tried again but no changes yet.
Did you say you bought it new or used? If it is used then you can not be Sure that the seal was intact.
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by bryan360: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
lad..ur fone is nt faulty..gv it sum tym
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2016
paix:
Did you say you bought it new or used? If it is used then you can not be Sure that the seal was intact.

Bro it's a common experience most people get after going in water. The speakers are actually seal so water can't get into it the messy sound it's from water around the speaker I only had to let it dry completely
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by paix(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Bro it's a common experience most people get after going in water. The speakers are actually seal so water can't get into it the messy sound it's from water around the speaker I only had to let it dry completely
Is the phone ok?
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Isn't Really 100% Water Proof by Phonefanatic: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2016
paix:
Is the phone ok?

Yes it worked perfectly the next day. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Weekend Browse / Glo Addresses Data Slash / New Ios Need Help Adding My Debit Card For Payment Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.