Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

We Live In Hell! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Live In Hell! (967 Views)

"Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima / ''Arewa Youths Go To Hell'': Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra (Photos, Video) / Cooking Gas The Danger We Live With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Live In Hell! by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Dear Lord, I thank you for the opportunity you have given me to make this sojourn to Nigeria and Africa. Who knows, maybe I would have been a cockroach if you had not allowed me be human. I appreciate the grace you gave me to be above the monkeys and the mosquitoes; at least this chance to be superior gives me a certain sense of pride. I also thank you for the favors I have found in Nigeria so far, those unmerited and those merited. You said our thanksgiving must be more than our requests, so I give you all the thanks and adoration; you indeed are worthy of my praise.

But I have questions dear Lord; questions about matters that bother me on a daily basis and disallows me from being the real me that you must have purposed me to be. I am sure my questions will not be considered as requests such that my request will then be considered more than my thanksgiving. I just must ask these questions so I can begin living well again.

Dear Lord, why did you make me a Nigerian? I have heard stories of countries where basic social amenities are primary government responsibilities and they make sure that the people do not lack any of these; I have also heard stories of countries where crime is at zero percent; I also have heard stories of countries where unemployment is close zero percent; I also have heard of countries where food is so cheap, one can afford to eat five meals a day without adverse effects on income. So, why did you situate me in Nigeria for Christ (your son)’s sake? Do you know that social amenities in Nigeria are now luxuries that only the rich can afford? Are you seeing us from heaven that a measure of ‘garri’ is now #200? You will also have noticed that unemployment in our country is just alarming….why did you decide to just put me in here? How did Mark Zuckerberg please you in heaven that I did not? Why is the continent and my country so hot and then I have to be dark?

If you must even make me a Nigerian, why did you have to situate me in Osun State? Of course there are states that are working in Nigeria, why am I not from those ones so I can be proud of my roots? Why am I from the State with a ‘lunatic’ Governor, a ‘foolish’ House of Assembly and a ‘redundant’ opposition? I could swallow my ‘Nigerian-ness’, but coupling that with being from Osun is a killer. My friends do mock me; dear Lord, why did you make this decision to put me in Osun?

I accept the fact that I am from Osun and Nigeria. But Lord, why did you decide to allow the likes of Aregbesola, Fayose, Buhari, Ajimobi, Oshiomole, Wike and their kind become our leaders? If we must be citizens of this ‘near-dead’ country, must we also be led by lunatics, imbeciles, touts and ineffective old cargoes? Is this not double the size of a normal dose of affliction?
Well, I accept the kind of leaders you have given us. But then Lord, why are we followers so foolish? Why did you drop me in a society where followers are almost superior to their leaders when insanity is the topic? Why must I be associated with men who sleep with other men’s wives? Why do I co-exist with fools who cast their votes for money? Why do I co-exist with foolish young people who engage in all manner of ‘I-Stand-with-dogs-and-goats’ rallies? Why Lord, why?

Your Word tells me clearly that in heaven there is peace and it’s a beautiful home. I heard descriptions of heaven that assures me that there will be no scorching sun in Heaven. You are a good God and you definitely will be taking care of people who are in heaven and so we cannot compare you with the useless leaders we have here. I am sure we will have everything in abundance in heaven, so we would not even need jobs. In so many ways, my present location does not appear like a prototype of the ‘sweet sweet’ heaven.

So where am I dear Lord?

There is scorching sun here; we have nothing in abundance so we are desperately looking for jobs; the things we have in abundance are being stolen by the touts that lead us; there is no order in our society; there are bad leaders all over the place here and it seems to be getting worse. Dear Lord, are we not living in hell like this? If what we are experiencing in Nigeria is the opposite of heaven, is that not hell?

I wake up every morning with emotional pains; financial pains; kitchen pains; work pains; house pains and all manner of pains. How come I have to deal with so many? Why will my day ever start on a romantic note and end on a teary note? Could HERE be the real hell being talked about? Are we not already living in eternity? Do we not as Nigerians look like we have been sentenced to life in hell already?

Dear Lord, if this is truly the hell that your Word mentions, we are enduring sir. If this is not the hell, I hope it is already part of your plans not to sentence Nigerians and especially Osun people to that hell again? I must tell you dear Lord, it will be unfair on us to have anyone here go to hell….we are already living there!

Thank you Lord and I believe you will answer my questions. Amen.

Twitter: @iamtolulakin
Facebook Page: Adedayo Oderinu
E-Mail: ibuckresources@gmail.com

cc: lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
petiteee
cutehector
ishilove
tonyebarcanista

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Live In Hell! by BushidoBlue(m): 2:35am On Apr 18, 2016
This is serious.
Re: We Live In Hell! by socialmediaman: 2:55am On Apr 18, 2016
@tolulakin The lord is listening, brother. His sees your situation, he hears you loud and clear. He is also listening to that Syrian Child who watches helplessly as bullets fly in various directions, killing his family and source of livelihood, destroying his school and playground etc...

The Lord is listening and watching, brother.

Be thankful for the things he has given you. He gave you strength so you can do things which those in the hospital who are bedridden pray to do. They say "Lord, if we could walk, maybe we could help fight the injustice, we could help make the world a better place..." He gave you intelligence and zeal to be educated such that when you write, it makes more sense to the reader than when some politicians write. Why then do they rule you, brother? Has the world gone crazy? No it hasn't, if you don't let it.

Wake up, brother and prove to God he didn't make a mistake putting you in Nigeria and believing you can help make it better.

God Bless You

1 Like

Re: We Live In Hell! by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 18, 2016
This reminds me of pastor that was transferred from an RCCG parish in Nigeria to another parish in Germany. The pastor said when he got to Germany, he was convinced he was in heaven, and only realised he had been living in hell all his life before the relocation. grin

3 Likes

Re: We Live In Hell! by Philomath1212: 4:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Lalasticlala, but you can let the world see the agony a nairalander is facing... Don't mind the people he mentioned, the dude is damn right.

2 Likes

Re: We Live In Hell! by Miami44: 5:04am On Apr 18, 2016
The day I left Nigeria, without looking back, was the day I started living.

2 Likes

Re: We Live In Hell! by chriskosherbal(m): 5:12am On Apr 18, 2016
It well get better oneday.
Re: We Live In Hell! by magicalx(m): 5:18am On Apr 18, 2016
The worse part is the darkness, it's like there is no hope we will ever get stable power and some zombies see all this and still support this government, I need to relocate out of this country Lord!

1 Like

Re: We Live In Hell! by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:34am On Apr 18, 2016
It would be difficult for one to really understand the OP till the person goes to the other side and see where things are working, the bitter truth is that Nigeria is still far behind. And the leaders don't feel ashamed when they visit those countries.

May God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We Live In Hell! by Pidggin(f): 5:45am On Apr 18, 2016
OP, things were never this bad a few years ago, I loved this country then as commodities were very cheap, it all changed last year... with chanji

It is well, don't lose hope.
Re: We Live In Hell! by CHIJIOKE1314: 5:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Ok now.. .
Re: We Live In Hell! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
Miami44:
The day I left Nigeria, without looking back, was the day I started living.
Sadly for me too

I just come visit now to enjoy the women. Nothing else.

1 Like

Re: We Live In Hell! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
I am beginning to wonder if i can survive a day in this country called Nigeria without tears..... it is so disheartening!
Re: We Live In Hell! by christejames(m): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2016
Our leaders seem to be the clog preventing our prayers from being answered. Especially, all these old septugenarians or octogenarians that it is evident already in them to be suffering from senile dementia. If not tell me how someone would visit is neighbours beautiful house after admiration of the house and the milieu, asks the neighbour to give him the secret to such success... Only to return home and feigned ignorance and the way to tackle the problems head on.
Re: We Live In Hell! by madenigga(m): 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
Una dae talk all dz things while i am here under heat, i cudnt buy fuel because of too much queue, my fridge is now shelf for storing things because no light, d heat in d room is too much i come outside and mosquitoes are dancing azonto with my body.
Lord Luggard and Britain plus queen of England make thunder destroy una.
Re: We Live In Hell! by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
tolulakin:
Dear Lord, I thank you for the opportunity you have given me to make this sojourn to Nigeria and Africa. Who knows, maybe I would have been a cockroach if you had not allowed me be human. I appreciate the grace you gave me to be above the monkeys and the mosquitoes; at least this chance to be superior gives me a certain sense of pride. I also thank you for the favors I have found in Nigeria so far, those unmerited and those merited. You said our thanksgiving must be more than our requests, so I give you all the thanks and adoration; you indeed are worthy of my praise.

But I have questions dear Lord; questions about matters that bother me on a daily basis and disallows me from being the real me that you must have purposed me to be. I am sure my questions will not be considered as requests such that my request will then be considered more than my thanksgiving. I just must ask these questions so I can begin living well again.

Dear Lord, why did you make me a Nigerian? I have heard stories of countries where basic social amenities are primary government responsibilities and they make sure that the people do not lack any of these; I have also heard stories of countries where crime is at zero percent; I also have heard stories of countries where unemployment is close zero percent; I also have heard of countries where food is so cheap, one can afford to eat five meals a day without adverse effects on income. So, why did you situate me in Nigeria for Christ (your son)’s sake? Do you know that social amenities in Nigeria are now luxuries that only the rich can afford? Are you seeing us from heaven that a measure of ‘garri’ is now #200? You will also have noticed that unemployment in our country is just alarming….why did you decide to just put me in here? How did Mark Zuckerberg please you in heaven that I did not? Why is the continent and my country so hot and then I have to be dark?

If you must even make me a Nigerian, why did you have to situate me in Osun State? Of course there are states that are working in Nigeria, why am I not from those ones so I can be proud of my roots? Why am I from the State with a ‘lunatic’ Governor, a ‘foolish’ House of Assembly and a ‘redundant’ opposition? I could swallow my ‘Nigerian-ness’, but coupling that with being from Osun is a killer. My friends do mock me; dear Lord, why did you make this decision to put me in Osun?

I accept the fact that I am from Osun and Nigeria. But Lord, why did you decide to allow the likes of Aregbesola, Fayose, Buhari, Ajimobi, Oshiomole, Wike and their kind become our leaders? If we must be citizens of this ‘near-dead’ country, must we also be led by lunatics, imbeciles, touts and ineffective old cargoes? Is this not double the size of a normal dose of affliction?
Well, I accept the kind of leaders you have given us. But then Lord, why are we followers so foolish? Why did you drop me in a society where followers are almost superior to their leaders when insanity is the topic? Why must I be associated with men who sleep with other men’s wives? Why do I co-exist with fools who cast their votes for money? Why do I co-exist with foolish young people who engage in all manner of ‘I-Stand-with-dogs-and-goats’ rallies? Why Lord, why?

Your Word tells me clearly that in heaven there is peace and it’s a beautiful home. I heard descriptions of heaven that assures me that there will be no scorching sun in Heaven. You are a good God and you definitely will be taking care of people who are in heaven and so we cannot compare you with the useless leaders we have here. I am sure we will have everything in abundance in heaven, so we would not even need jobs. In so many ways, my present location does not appear like a prototype of the ‘sweet sweet’ heaven.

So where am I dear Lord?

There is scorching sun here; we have nothing in abundance so we are desperately looking for jobs; the things we have in abundance are being stolen by the touts that lead us; there is no order in our society; there are bad leaders all over the place here and it seems to be getting worse. Dear Lord, are we not living in hell like this? If what we are experiencing in Nigeria is the opposite of heaven, is that not hell?

I wake up every morning with emotional pains; financial pains; kitchen pains; work pains; house pains and all manner of pains. How come I have to deal with so many? Why will my day ever start on a romantic note and end on a teary note? Could HERE be the real hell being talked about? Are we not already living in eternity? Do we not as Nigerians look like we have been sentenced to life in hell already?

Dear Lord, if this is truly the hell that your Word mentions, we are enduring sir. If this is not the hell, I hope it is already part of your plans not to sentence Nigerians and especially Osun people to that hell again? I must tell you dear Lord, it will be unfair on us to have anyone here go to hell….we are already living there!

Thank you Lord and I believe you will answer my questions. Amen.

Twitter: @iamtolulakin
Facebook Page: Adedayo Oderinu
E-Mail: ibuckresources@gmail.com

cc: lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
petiteee
cutehector
ishilove
tonyebarcanista
Sorry bro God go answer your prayer all will be well soon
Re: We Live In Hell! by Tekzyflex(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
The lamentation is worth it.... I wonder how people are coping in that place called Nigeria.
Re: We Live In Hell! by kYjelly2: 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
You want to sleep, no light.

You go to buy petrol for your gen, no kegs.

You want to enjoy ac in your car, fuel queues.

You want to start import business, high forex.

You want to have a bath, no water, no light to pump.

You want to have a great education, strikes, low standards.

You want to drive safely, chaos, no law and order.

Yet when one politician like Fashola makes a statement, you cheer and say, "this guy is great". You organize hashtags to "stand with buhari". You sell your conscience for odorless fufu and rice...

cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Live In Hell! by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 19, 2016
kYjelly2:
You want to sleep, no light.

You go to buy petrol for your gen, no kegs.

You want to enjoy ac in your car, fuel queues.

You want to start import business, high forex.

You want to have a bath, no water, no light to pump.

You want to have a great education, strikes, low standards.

You want to drive safely, chaos, no law and order.

Yet when one politician like Fashola makes a statement, you cheer and say, "this guy is great". You organize hashtags to "stand with buhari". You sell your conscience for odorless fufu and rice...

cry cry

The Nigerian society definitely needs more thinkers like you...not 'I stand with dogs and goats' idiots who never use their heads!
Re: We Live In Hell! by tit(f): 2:54am On Apr 19, 2016
toun,
this world is not your home.
nigeria is not your home
Re: We Live In Hell! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Is Nigeria a God forgotten country ?.
Re: We Live In Hell! by Miami44: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2016
tit:
toun,
this world is not your home.
nigeria is not your home

...and yet, the bible says,...in Luke 19:13, "And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come."?

The fact that we're heaven bound, doesn't stop us from having the basic necessities of life. It's not wrong to expect that from those who lead you politically... It's your right.

You're obligated to pay taxes, ...that entitles you the right.
Re: We Live In Hell! by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 19, 2016
It's not as bad as it seems. Fix power issues and see NAIJA blossom. A lot of Nigerians abroad would want to come back but for this particular power problem.

life abroad is "make the money, the system in place collects it" but NAIJA is "make the money, enjoy it"

Has anyone ever asked why foreign diplomats never wish to go back home after serving in Africa?

Most oyibo country are modern slave ships, making the citizens work so hard and ripping them off the fruits of their labour through bills and taxes.

Be calm brothers, NAIJA will get there someday.cool
Re: We Live In Hell! by Miami44: 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
SirJeffry:
It's not as bad as it seems. Fix power issues and see NAIJA blossom. A lot of Nigerians abroad would want to come back but for this particular power problem.

life abroad is "make the money, the system in place collects it" but NAIJA is "make the money, enjoy it"

Has anyone ever asked why foreign diplomats never wish to go back home after serving in Africa?

Most oyibo country are modern slave ships, making the citizens work so hard and ripping them off the fruits of their labour through bills and taxes.

Be calm brothers, NAIJA will get there someday.cool

You must be kidding me!

I prefer a system that uses what they take for my good...providing security, power, education e.t.c, to the one that loots billions for personal gain...convert public goods/properties to personal use...unaccessible politicians...disvalue for human life's, rule of law and justice.

Haven't you wondered, why are there lots of people waiting at Western Union, money Gram and others to collect money from siblings abroad?

I believe in a new Nigeria...but not in the hands of these current breed of thieving politicians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Amount Of Money Spent On Buhari’s Foreign Trips / Salary Of Nigerian Senators Vs Other Countries / Herdsmen Attack: We Killed Because Tiv Youths Stole 800 Of Our Cows- Fulani Org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.