Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

"Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (18531 Views)

Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Bravo123: 2:41am On Dec 01, 2017
The Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, on Thursday downplayed the clamour for restructuring in Nigeria, describing it as a “madness” that can be stopped by good governance.

Mr. Shettima spoke at the book launch of a former Minister of Youths and Sports Development under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Bolaji Abdullahi, who is now the spokesperson of the All Progressive Congress, APC.

The event took place at the Yar’Adua Centre in the Central Business District of Abuja.

The book titled “On a Platter of Gold” was written on how Mr. Jonathan became president of Nigeria in 2011 but lost the office at the 2015 general election.

Mr. Shettima, who was the Father of the Day, dismissed the clamour for restructuring, saying “To hell with restructuring.”

According to the governor, if jobs are provided and other sectors of the economy, especially the education sector is developed, “this madness”, referring to restructuring, “will stop.”

“People are talking about artificial intelligence, other nations are talking about nano technology or robotics engineering but unfortunately, the topical issue in Nigeria is restructuring. Restructuring my foot! To hell with restructuring.

“Let us improve on governance, let us work for the people, invest in education, create jobs for our people, this madness will stop,” the governor said.

Several Nigerians including ethnic organisations like the Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the Afenifere have demanded restructuring of Nigeria, saying it was the way to resolve many of the challenges facing the country.

Based on the clamour, Mr. Shettima’s party, APC, set up a committee to review the various restructuring calls.

Mr. Shettima, who described Mr. Jonathan as an honest man, said it was the people he surrounded himself with that made his government fail.

“Comparing (former President Olusegun) Obasanjo and the people he worked with and those Jonathan worked with, you will understand why.

“If you look at Obasanjo, hate him or love him, you have to respect Obasanjo for not only believing in the Nigerian project, but for surrounding himself with men of quality.

“If you mention Obasanjo, the names that readily come to mind are those of Oby Ezekwesili, Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Nasiru el-Rufai, Nuhu Ribadu, Bukola Saraki and other quality Nigerians who have the capacity to add value to the system.

“But when you think of President Jonathan, with all due respect, he surrounded himself with an assorted crop of religious bigots, tribal kindred and all sorts of reactionary elements. Ateke Tom, Government Tompolo, Late Oronto Douglas, Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, Ayo Oritsejafor and others.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/251130-hell-restructuring-governor-shettima.html/amp

4 Likes

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by MikeBetty(m): 2:55am On Dec 01, 2017
Bravo123:
Governor Kashim Shettima of Bornu state on Thursday stirred controversy when he described the recent clamour for restructuring of the country as a “madness” that can be cured by good governance.

Many Nigerians have demanded, following heightening tensions between ethnic nationalities restructuring of the country of the country as a way of resolving many of the numerous challenges facing the country.

But in dismissing such fears, the governor said, ‘Restructuring my foot! To hell with restructuring’.
“Let us improve on governance, let us work for the people, invest in education, create jobs for our people, this madness will stop.”

Read more https://alabingo.com/2017/12/restructuring-foot-hell-restructuring-gov-shetima-slams-restructure-advocates/
if True He Made The Statement, Dont Blame Him. He Is Ventilatinging His Frustration. Afterall He Is A Beneficiary Of The Current Structure.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by dodelight(m): 4:07am On Dec 01, 2017
If you see that Governor tell him I said he's a fool, lazy bone, an idi*ot and empty-brain. No wonder Boko Haram has devoured his state. I guess he has inhaled some poisonous elements from some of the bomb blast.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by chukwuemekafran(m): 4:07am On Dec 01, 2017
As if he owns Nigeria, let the people decide

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by mamaafrik(m): 4:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Oh ye southerners,you don dey see d real devil ,dey are now talking abt good governance wen d heat is blowing their yansh,.............see gut,see charisma,they know they are leeches that'z why they'll oppose it with their blood,sultan said the same thing,southerners arise!!,yell and act,..... is the God of thunder sleeping??,this guys need to be struck and buried according to islamic rite

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by stonemasonn: 4:41am On Dec 01, 2017
If it is the type of good governance we're experiencing in Bornu kingdom......Please give me restructuring...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Nebuchadnezar: 4:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Of course restructuring my foot
we all know that that's a cover up to justify their actions against Nnamdi Kanu
now that the only person that shake the system and forced them to think of restructuring is out of the way
to hell with restructuring
even the yerobas that carried the thing for head and did their bidding on hating kanu has also faded and thus the call of restructuring died piiiii
yes Nnamdi Kanu is a foul mouthed person which to me is his personal problem yes personal problems i say because i know some people with good intentions but has bad mouth my father is one of them.
the truth is that the only man without arms they fear more than bokoharam or fulani herdsmen is gone yes they fear him more than the dreaded bokoharam because they said that his case is more important than bokoharam that has killed thousands and fulani that is currently killing do you know why?
because he's the only person that posed the threat of dislodging the system that has fed and is feeding them and their generations so they fought Kanu collectively irrespective of party affiliations but play politics when it comes to bokoharam and fulani herdsmen. do you know why?
because even if those mentioned terrorists kill thousands of people everyday it won't stop their fat allowances and salaries from coming afterall they didn't kill the crude oil. that's why they placed importance on the mineral then their citizens.

But to me Nigerian youths are not ready for thier emancipation they're still enjoying the stipends and crumbs being thrown to them by these evil politicians in the name of PAs and society media influencers so politicians always use that to blackmail us and divide us.
they're are united when it comes to looting but divided when it comes to development.
well a serious youths that needs their emancipation would have hijacked Nnamdi Kanu's agenda and turn it into their agenda which is restructuring and watch the likes of shetima scamper for safety
ohhh i almost forgot it's impossible in Nigeria where a youth will rather die of starvation than to go after his preferred politician grin
it's like i was expecting more from our yoots

84 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by agwom(m): 5:05am On Dec 01, 2017
hmm
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by loveth360(f): 6:01am On Dec 01, 2017
zombies should restructure let see.

God bless mazi Nnamdi Kanu and all ipob.

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by joeyfire(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Before they made Nnamdi Kanu disappear the north was treading carefully and seemed ready to discuss restructuring. It is very obvious now that IPOB really scared them, that's why python dance had to happen in a peaceful region. Just to kill off the clamour for secession and prevent any talk of restructuring.

To the southerners who were the biggest critics and attackers of Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB una well done o! Your slavery continues.

116 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Masterclass32: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Nobody is interested in restructuring your foot. It is Nigeria we must restructure. undecided

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by obailala(m): 9:08am On Dec 01, 2017
Bravo123:
Governor Kashim Shettima of Bornu state on Thursday stirred controversy when he described the recent clamour for restructuring of the country as a “madness” that can be cured by good governance.

Many Nigerians have demanded, following heightening tensions between ethnic nationalities restructuring of the country of the country as a way of resolving many of the numerous challenges facing the country.

But in dismissing such fears, the governor said, ‘Restructuring my foot! To hell with restructuring’.
“Let us improve on governance, let us work for the people, invest in education, create jobs for our people, this madness will stop.”

Read more https://alabingo.com/2017/12/restructuring-foot-hell-restructuring-gov-shetima-slams-restructure-advocates/
Nothing else was expected of a lazy governor of a parasitic state which is one of the largest beneficiaries of the current feeding-bottle system.

12 Likes

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Ojiofor: 9:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Zombies are still celebrating their slavery as victory.

2 Likes

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by AishaBuhari: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Mental slavery has always been the birth right of the North!

In it they're conceived!
In it they shall die!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
The parasites have spoken!

4 Likes

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by NigerDeltan(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2017
grin
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Xisnin(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
Of course restructuring my foot
we all know that that's a cover up to justify their actions against Nnamdi Kanu
now that the only person that shake the system and forced them to think of restructuring is out of the way
to hell with restructuring
even the yerobas that carried the thing for head and did their bidding on hating kanu has also faded and thus the call of restructuring died piiiii
yes Nnamdi Kanu is a foul mouthed person which to me is his personal problem yes personal problems i say because i know some people with good intentions but has bad mouth my father is one of them.
the truth is that the only man without arms they fear more than bokoharam or fulani herdsmen is gone yes they fear him more than the dreaded bokoharam because they said that his case is more important than bokoharam that has killed thousands and fulani that is currently killing do you know why?
because he's the only person that posed the threat of dislodging the system that has fed and is feeding them and their generations so they fought Kanu collectively irrespective of party affiliations but play politics when it comes to bokoharam and fulani herdsmen. do you know why?
because even if those mentioned terrorists kill thousands of people everyday it won't stop their fat allowances and salaries from coming afterall they didn't kill the crude oil. that's why they placed importance on the mineral then their citizens.

But to me Nigerian youths are not ready for thier emancipation they're still enjoying the stipends and crumbs being thrown to them by these evil politicians in the name of PAs and society media influencers so politicians always use that to blackmail us and divide us.
they're are united when it comes to looting but divided when it comes to development.
well a serious youths that needs their emancipation would have hijacked Nnamdi Kanu's agenda and turn it into their agenda which is restructuring and watch the likes of shetima scamper for safety
ohhh i almost forgot it's impossible in Nigeria where a youth will rather die of starvation than to go after his preferred politician grin
it's like i was expecting more from our yoots

joeyfire:
Before they made Nnamdi Kanu disappear the north was treading carefully and seemed ready to discuss restructuring. It is very obvious now that IPOB really scared them, that's why python dance had to happen in a peaceful region. Just to kill off the clamour for secession and prevent any talk of restructuring.

To the southerners who were the biggest critics and attackers of Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB una well done o! Your slavery continues.

Cowards!
It was Biafra or Death how did it become Biafra or Restructuring.
You guys are as confused as your fugitive terrorist leader.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by PointZerom: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Sarrki NgeneUkwenu Omenka over to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Desyner: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Idiotic rant.
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by PointZerom: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Xisnin:

Cowards! It was Biafra or Death how did it become Biafra or Restructuring. You guys are as confused as your fugitive terrorist leader.

mynd4 Seun lalasticlala rule 2
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2017
loveth360:
zombies should restructure let see.

God bless mazi Nnamdi Kanu and all ipob.
As small as u are, u 're still sympathetic to dis iPob cause undecided
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by gidgiddy: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2017
MikeBetty:
if True He Made The Statement, Dont Blame Him. He Is Ventilatinging His Frustration. Afterall He Is A Beneficiary Of The Current Structure.

Which is why him and other other Northern Governors like him are ready commit suicide than let an inch of Nigeria to be restructured.
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by PointZerom: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Xisnin:

Cowards! It was Biafra or Death how did it become Biafra or Restructuring. You guys are as confused as your fugitive terrorist leader.

mynd44 Seun lalasticlala rule 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by joystickextend1(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
what an outburst undecided

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other Adult fantasy products
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by nawtyme: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
The right question should be, where are those who kept on clamoring for restructuring, had townhall meetings, inviting Obas to it, and even dragged Rice at the venue of the meeting. Why the sudden silence or change of tune?
I stated a while ago that it was all part of their plan. Let's wait for plan C.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by royalamour(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
grin Only leeches and parasites will think like this buffoon. Idiot.
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by FarahAideed: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
Shettima is a demonic madman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by edi287: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Stop living in a fantasy world. It is almost impossible to find the sort of selfless leadership you're talking about.
Restructure and go back to how things were before Ironsi messed things up
Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by emmasege: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Can someone please help me ask this senior alma.jiri what his state/region has to build infrastructures which are the panacea for restructuring agitation, as he claimed?

How does he and his type intend to check incessant population growth of their region, which has exerted a great pressure on our resources?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Bravo123:

restructuring in Nigeria, describing it as a “madness” that can be stopped by good governance.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/251130-hell-restructuring-governor-shettima.html/amp
But restructuring is about good governance shocked shocked shocked

Why is the North opposing it

What are they afraid of

Nnamdi Kanu is truely a driving force, the Nigerian Military kidnapped him, all of a sudden, the cry for secession from other tribes also died

Does that mean that they don't know the meaning of what they were saying

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ibrahim Gaidam Approves N6bn For Upgrade Of Non Existing Airport - SR / Prince Alex Mbata Builds 2km Dual Carriage Road / Over 200 People Burnt While Scooping Fuel In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.