Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community (20317 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Launch Fresh Attack On Benue Community! / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Community Again, 7 Feared Dead / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Seven In Benue Community, Tse Atue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Firefire(m): 4:03am On Apr 18, 2016
By Peter Duru

MAKURDI—Despite efforts by the Federal and Benue State governments to end clashes between herdsmen and farmers, indications emerged yesterday that Moor, a council ward in Kwande Local Government Area of the state had been sacked by armed herdsmen.

Vanguard learned that the crisis, which dates back to 2013, has left over 100 persons dead, scores sustaining varying degrees of injuries and close to 8,000 displaced.

A source said: “Moor in Kwande Local Government Area is now an occupied territory. Herdsmen have sacked the inhabitants from their ancestral homes and taken over the council ward.

The crisis started as far back as 2013 and has led to the death of over 100 persons and many others injured.

“All the local government clinics, including 21 primary and secondary schools in the area, have been completely destroyed. The indigenes of the community are refugees in other communities.”

Corroborating the story, the Executive Secretary of the Benue State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, Mr. Boniface Otese, said the agency had been making concerted efforts to avail the displaced persons necessary relief materials.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Moses Yamu, said police, military and other sister security agencies were working round the clock to ensure that peace and normalcy returned to every trouble spot in the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fulani-herdsmen-sack-benue-community/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Meriekriss: 4:13am On Apr 18, 2016
Nawa oo.. Make dem kuku sack the governor of that state..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by M4gunners: 4:18am On Apr 18, 2016
One Nigeria enjoy it while it lasts.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 18, 2016
How few herdsmen conquer an entire community when there are youths there still baffles me?

Sneak in at night to kill people, I can understand, but displacing and taking over a community comprised of able young men is unthinkable.

Nigerian youth really need redefinition.angry

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Firefire(m): 4:26am On Apr 18, 2016
The Fulani Herdsmen terrorist are on the move to conquer the whole of Benue...

Observe the state map below and see the upward movement of the terrorist group.

When will the president of Nigeria address this continuous killing and destruction of people's means of livelihood

http://economicsandpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-Global-Terrorism-Index-Report.pdf

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by adidasBarca: 4:31am On Apr 18, 2016
Fulani Terrorist again?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by newbornmacho(m): 4:32am On Apr 18, 2016
SirJeffry:
How few herdsmen conquer an entire community when there are youths there still baffles me?

Sneak in at night to kill people, I can understand, but displacing and taking over a community comprised of able young men is unthinkable.

my guy... I tire oo

13 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by whirlwind7(m): 4:35am On Apr 18, 2016
This won't stop. It will never let up, and the proposed grazing reserves bill will make the situation worse, because Fulanis are never satisfied with temporary occupation, or getting regarded as visitors or settlers.

They want to own any land that offers feed to their cattle. And no, they don't plan on paying for the lands. They will chase you out and take it forcefully. The federal government is about to seize lands on their behalf. The grazing reserve bill is just trying to lend a humane face to an otherwise illegal invasion.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by ba7man(m): 4:40am On Apr 18, 2016
These herdsmen need to be confronted with violent force to teach them a lesson.

I know I might get banned but I recommend...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The moderators have banned me more than once for preaching violence against them. angry angry angry

25 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by okuneddie(m): 4:41am On Apr 18, 2016
that is what police will always say......why will this certain herdsmen continue to act like animals......even the cattle they rear get brain pass them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Bunker1(m): 4:57am On Apr 18, 2016
this people are visible boko harams. I see war coming

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Nelkoko: 5:09am On Apr 18, 2016
They know exactly wat dey r doing which is action under instruction from above.

30 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Firefire(m): 5:16am On Apr 18, 2016
SirJeffry:

You have little or nothing to do in the face of the alleged support the terrorists receive from security men and the caliber of armor at their disposal.

Only a decisive government can stop this impending civil war. How much time APC government needs to wait to address this menace remains unclear.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by phemmie06(m): 5:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Let Buhari interested take a concrete step to stop this killing

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by White007(m): 5:34am On Apr 18, 2016
And the killing continues...the Fulani's killing machine in full swing, their plan to decimate the people of the middle belt is on course. If the youth of this communities don't fight back, this will continue non abated. Enough said.

14 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Pidggin(f): 5:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Fulani herdsmen in the era of Fulani president

13 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by dominique(f): 5:38am On Apr 18, 2016
I have a feeling that these are escaped Boko haram members disguising as herdsmen. The Fulani herdsmen I used to see when I was serving in Benue were never like this. The Government has to act fast before these monsters destroy the North-Central like they did to North-East.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by modath(f): 5:57am On Apr 18, 2016
dominique:
I have a feeling that these are escaped Boko haram members disguising as herdsmen. The Fulani herdsmen I used to see when I was serving in Benue were never like this. The Government has to act fast before these monsters destroy the North-Central like they did to North-East.

True..

Since time immemorial herdsmen & farmers in rural communities have always had clashes, most often than not bloody but it has never been this level of carnage & mayhem..

It seems there is a deliberate attempt to erase the fact that life ever existed in such communities!!

Government's swift response is not only imperative but that idiotic grazing bill should never see the light of day...

To think that a woman sponsored (who didn't make it back, Karma) said bill is discomfitting, what part of ok is seizing people's ancestral land for cattles?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by agabaI23(m): 6:02am On Apr 18, 2016
modath:

True..

Since time immemorial herdsmen & farmers in rural communities have always had clashes, most often than not bloody but it has never been this level of carnage & mayhem..

It seems there is a deliberate attempt to erase the fact that life ever existed in such communities!!

Government's swift response is not only imperative but that idiotic grazing bill should never see the light of day...

To think that a woman sponsored (who didn't make it back, Karma) said bill is discomfitting, what part of ok is seizing people's ancestral land for cattles?
clap clap
Have you texted your senator yet?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:06am On Apr 18, 2016
Again

MAFO
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 18, 2016
[size=24pt]d crisis started in 2013[/size]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Burger01(m): 6:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Those Fulani #&%£s are militias in disguise. They should be weeded out of civilization angry undecided

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Hausama2: 6:29am On Apr 18, 2016
M4gunners:
One Nigeria enjoy it while it lasts.
Fulani must go thisis how they killed Hausa men in the North . foolanis are bastards they must live Nigeria. #brinbackourhausakings

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Greatalafin: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2016
adidasBarca:
Fulani Terrorist again?
woo Fulani terrorist are bastard . Benue arm yourself and fight back. Those bastard most not be allowed to go free

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Emekamex(m): 6:47am On Apr 18, 2016
Is it that Benue doesn't have youths or what? It is ludicrous that they cannot defend their own homes.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by tigerclaws: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2016
tuale4u:
[size=24pt]d crisis started in 2013[/size]
they must find a way to blame Gej
ndi ala

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by godoluwa(m): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2016
dominique:
I disagree because fulani has been violent before the emergence of boko haram.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Almajiri1: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2016
And we elected a president whose duty is to protect lives and properties? Is this disregard of oath of office not an impeachable offence? If by now you are not armed with atleast Ak57 and grenades to protect your family, you are sitting on a long thing.

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2016
SirJeffry:

The only thing the youths know how to do is to sleep with girls shikena

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community by EastanPower(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2016
We dwell too much on boko haram attacks because they use bombs but fulanis invade communities at night, rape women and kill people in mass.

With the rate at which the people of the MB are being killed by the fulani invaders, it is a question of when not how they would eventually exterminate the MB people and occupy their lands. Infact, I believe that the fulani have earmarked the MB lands as grazing fields for their cattle.

Why so much double standard in Nigeria? We see fulani herdsmen walking in broad daylight with AK 47 riffles while security agents look the other way! If an Igbo or Yoruba man should be found with even a locally made pistol at night he might spend the rest of his life in Kirikiri that is if he is not killed by the police.

Are the fulanis are special class of Nigerian citizens such that they are allowed to move around with Ak 47s? Nigerian soldiers have been shooting and killing unarmed IPOB protesters but stand and do nothing when fulanis move in droves into communities, rape women and kill people in mass. What is happening?

What we expect from Buhari is to instruct the military to engage and wipe out these fulani invaders but he will never do this because they are his brothers. Buhari is such an hypocrite, no wonder he threw Ekwueme, an Igbo man into prison and placed Shagari his fulani brother under house arrest and Shagari was the president that was overthrown not Ekwueme!

I call on other Nigerians to note that we must form a united front against the invading fulanis from Futa Jallon. The fulanis are hell bent on carrying out the assignment that Ahmadu bello gave to them.

Northern elders are more concerned about harmeless IPOB protesters and asking Buhari to use the full weight of the law in dealing with IPOB but did not offer the same advise against the demonic and blood thirsty fulani herdsmen. embarassed

See some links to the atrocities of the fulani in Nigeria.

http://venturesafrica.com/terror-groups-one-two-many-nigerian-fulani-herdsmen-are-one-of-five-deadliest-terror-groups-in-the-world/

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/02/hundreds-feared-killed-as-herdsmen-attack-benue/

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/23/breaking-many-killed-as-suspected-fulani-herdsmen-raid-agatu-community/
https://www.nairaland.com/882086/fulani-herdsmen-attacks-oyo-indigenes

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jun/23/817.html

https://www.nairaland.com/1016001/ekiti-farmers-marauding-herdsmen

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/20713/2012/03/30/farmers_protest_rape_women_fulani_bororo.html

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fulani-herdsmen-rape-newly-wed-in-ogun/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/fulani-herdsmen-invade-enugu-community-kill-two-19-missing/

A middle-aged woman was raped and subsequently killed by three Fulani herdsmen in Edo state.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/67804.html https://www.naij.com/67804.html

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos As President Buhari Returns From U.S Trip / Gov. Diri Orders Arrest Of APC Secretary In Bayelsa, Keyamo Demands Release / 2019: Atiku, Lamido May Clash Over PDP Presidential Ticket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.