Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,532 members, 7,850,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! (42770 Views)

Tosin Etomi, Adesua Etomi's Elder Brother Walks Her Down The Aisle As She Cries / Article: Kenya Cries – Nigeria Is Slowly But Surely Colonizing Us, Not China / We’re Slowly But Surely Falling In Love With Van Vicke’s New Muscular Look . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by GoldenEagle(f): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
When they talk about Nigerians doing exploits abroad we know they are talking about Igbos the most traveling tribe in Nigeria. Kenya never see something by the time we are through with them, they will beg whites to come take their lands again
. grin
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by philomental: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
When they talk about Nigerians doing exploits abroad we know they are talking about Igbos the most traveling tribe in Nigeria. Kenya never see something by the time we are through with them, they will beg whites to come take their lands again
I guess this is just a joke, cos u r starring up another consciousness in the minds of Nigerian lovers...
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by jmichlins(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Akshow:
*scoffs * we see ur exploits from Kenya to South Africa. From Mumbai to Thailand, from Singapore to Malaysia. grin
you can it what you want but truth be told we are "everywhere you go" right before you get there we are welcoming you even in your home town
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by jmichlins(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Akshow:
*scoffs * we see ur exploits from Kenya to South Africa. From Mumbai to Thailand, from Singapore to Malaysia. grin
you can it what you want but truth be told we are "everywhere you go" right before you get there we are welcoming you even in your home town
mikeapollo:

Who told you the Igbo are the most travelling tribe? Don't confuse travel with desperation!
The Igbos just started traveling to West African countries like Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc in the last two decades or so. But Yoruba people have been there for more than hundred years! Yoruba don't just travel to sell only goods in the markets and streets to announce their physical presence ...they work as teachers in schools, nurses, university lecturers, doctors, lawyers, commercial drivers, agricultural workers, businessmen, accountants etc Go to Ghana, CIV, Togo, Senegal, Gambia, SA, London, US, S/Arabia, Kuwait. etc Yoruba people have been traveling long before the civil war. Igbo people started traveling desperately only after the civil war when the east became impoverished. But the igbos are more desperate and they can do anything, legitimate or criminal to make money even in a foreign country! That is the difference
Akshow:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Rubyventures: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2016
This is simply a case of empty vessels making the loudest noise. undecided
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Burger01(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Time to go to Kenya and tell them I'm a nigerian and all them girls will start chasing me like gold.
You need to see those babes life... them and SA babes deserve my respect smiley
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Akshow: 10:49am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
But I didn't argue that na. I only confirmed his assertion that igbos are indeed know for their exploits especially in Thailand and Malaysia. now what I've I said that is wrong now? Abi guilty conscience de worry u ni??

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by kilokeys(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2016
I think we are bullies.

And i am nt at peace with the topic.. To each man his own. I wish things were better around here.. No one will be gallavanting or scavenging foreign lands to survive.

Nigerians are strong, adventurous and business minded.. But we should also learn to respect boundaries, landmarks and cultures. Most importantly, respect pple.

The kerosene + palm oil = petrol mentality isn't a good image to be portrayed

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by ObaKlaz: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2016
I wouldn't say we're taking over, or we are the Giants of Africa... But that Nigerian spirit, that never-say-never mindset, that Can-do spirit of ours is what makes me proud to be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by winniz: 11:02am On Apr 18, 2016
In Kenya, Nigerian movies are some of the most popular on television, much loved not just by housewives and house helps, but by many who would probably never publicly admit to watching Nollywood productions.

So powerful is the "Nigerian" branding in Kenya that the Nigerian-Kenya Comedian, Obinna, has channelled it into a radio and TV show, performs to a large crowd and is even launching a singing career.

Even Mike Ezuruonye was in Kenya some days back and Kenyans were overwhelmed by him even their media were so excited by his Visit. Stephanie Linus was in Zambia to premiere her movie "Dry" on the 8th of April and she got such a huge reception there.
Queen Nwokoye though keep a low profile has huge following across Africa and beyond. Nollywood movies are extremely popular in Africa and in Diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by ObaKlaz: 11:02am On Apr 18, 2016
jeffizy:
Positive reviews.

Phew! ! !
If it had been Ghana, swords would have started clanging. angry
Don't mind those Charlies. They'll never admit how much influence Nigeria has on them, socially in particular. I tell people, Ghanaians don't really aspire to be the greatest country in Africa, they just want to keep up and keep being seen as RIVALS to Nigeria. I mean no disrepect to them though!
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by madenigga(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
This ur comment no go well at all abeg change am
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Krucifax(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2016
mikeapollo:

Who told you the Igbo are the most travelling tribe? Don't confuse travel with desperation!
The Igbos just started traveling to West African countries like Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc in the last two decades or so. But Yoruba people have been there for more than hundred years! Yoruba don't just travel to sell only goods in the markets and streets to announce their physical presence ...they work as teachers in schools, nurses, university lecturers, doctors, lawyers, commercial drivers, agricultural workers, businessmen, accountants etc Go to Ghana, CIV, Togo, Senegal, Gambia, SA, London, US, S/Arabia, Kuwait. etc Yoruba people have been traveling long before the civil war. Igbo people started traveling desperately only after the civil war when the east became impoverished. But the igbos are more desperate and they can do anything, legitimate or criminal to make money even in a foreign country! That is the difference

You could have responded to the comment without starting that stupid Igbo vs Yoruba comparison. And to call a whole tribe desperate exposes you as not only foolish and disrespectful but also lacking in unbiased intellect. There are many other tribes in Nigeria who travel for both business,professional jobs and unfortunately crime.

Since you mentioned Igbos let me tell you about them. The Igbos have traditionally been known as entrepreneurial people even before the war you speak of. The Igbos have been known in history even before the advent of colonialism as merchants and business people and it's a trait that has been passed down the generations. The only difference between the Igbo traders and the Arab traders from hundreds of years ago was that the Arab traders travelled further. This was because the Arabs also had a religious agenda besides trading. On the other hand the Igbos were solely interested in turning a profit and not imposing their beliefs on other alien tribes.

So yes Igbos travel and they are very business minded and if more people were like that Nigeria would be less dependent on federal government allocation and more progressive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2016
Colonize ko colonize ni..
We that have not rule ourselves finish want to add Kenya's problems to our shoulders ba
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by donodion(m): 11:14am On Apr 18, 2016
intrepidJ:

http://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/DN2/Nigeria-not-China-colonising-us-/-/957860/2430580/-/2is3mdz/-/index.html

Na so una dey start, una no dey hear word!!!....Claiming "this country,that country no mans land, WE are superior to THEM,We rule the airwaves, We this We that"...when they start to attack and burn, then naijas would learn to respect their host countries.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by jmichlins(m): 11:17am On Apr 18, 2016
Akshow:
But I didn't argue that na. I only confirmed his assertion that igbos are indeed know for their exploits especially in Thailand and Malaysia. now what I've I said that is wrong now? Abi guilty conscience de worry u ni??
guilty con wetin read that below and know we visit even china and saudi arabia even dubai
Krucifax:

You could have responded to the comment without starting that stupid Igbo vs Yoruba comparison. And to call a whole tribe desperate exposes you as not only foolish and disrespectful but also lacking in unbiased intellect. There are many other tribes in Nigeria who travel for both business,professional jobs and unfortunately crime.
Since you mentioned Igbos let me tell you about them. The Igbos have traditionally been known as entrepreneurial people even before the war you speak of. The Igbos have been known in history even before the advent of colonialism as merchants and business people and it's a trait that has been passed down the generations. The only difference between the Igbo traders and the Arab traders from hundreds of years ago was that the Arab traders travelled further. This was because the Arabs also had a religious agenda besides trading. On the other hand the Igbos were solely interested in turning a profit and not imposing their beliefs on other alien tribes.
So yes Igbos travel and they are very business minded and if more people were like that Nigeria would be less dependent on federal government allocation and more progressive.
Akshow:
guilty con wetin read that below and know we visit even china and saudi arabia even dubai
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Norajones(f): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2016
OP nawa oo. All dis your grammar no be here oo. Pls use common english wey dey common abeg. No shake ur head oo. I go schl buh no be only english I go learn jare
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Akshow: 11:28am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
guilty con wetin read that below and know we visit even china and saudi arabia even dubai guilty con wetin read that below and know we visit even china and saudi arabia even dubai
I first thought the rubbish u wrote when u first quote me was a typo. But now I see u have problem expressing ursef in English. Nna express yasef in pidgin or igbo jare.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by ireneony(f): 11:37am On Apr 18, 2016
kilokeys:
I think we are bullies.

And i am nt at peace with the topic.. To each man his own. I wish things were better around here.. No one will be gallavanting or scavenging foreign lands to survive.

Nigerians are strong, adventurous and business minded.. But we should also learn to respect boundaries, landmarks and cultures. Most importantly, respect pple.

The kerosene + palm oil = petrol mentality isn't a good image to be portrayed
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by jmichlins(m): 11:40am On Apr 18, 2016
Akshow:
I first thought the rubbish u wrote when u first quote me was a typo. But now I see u have problem expressing ursef in English. Nna express yasef in pidgin or igbo jare.
Thanks for picking the typo out shows you read in between lines. Like you figured out typo it is using one java phone like that
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by winniz: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2016
I interviewed one of them last week, the high life musician "Flavour most famous here for his Nwa baby Song and it's Ashawo remix. Like the most conceited of eternally sunglass- wearing stars, he was a fragile personality, treated by his management like a precious piece of China always at risk of breaking. If not handled carefully.

OP why attach Wizkid picture to an article he was never said anything about undecided it was strictly Flavour that was mentioned and Davido as well.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by horsepower24: 11:52am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:

There you go again. Chest beating. It shows you didn't read the article. The writer mentioned 'Nigerians in their agbadas'. Which obviously is not the igbos traditional attire.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Akshow: 11:53am On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
Thanks for picking the typo out shows you read in between lines. Like you figured out typo it is using one java phone like that
read ur last sentence again my brother.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by pacretus(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by jmichlins(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Akshow:
read ur last sentence again my brother.
supposed to add fullstop somewhere there but did not put it making it difficult for you to get your hands around it. After saying "typo it is" am supposed to add fullstop before telling you about the phone
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Akshow: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
supposed to add fullstop somewhere there but did not put it making it difficult for you to get your hands around it. After saying "typo it is" am supposed to add fullstop before telling you about the phone
issorait.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by jmichlins(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
Akshow:
issorait.
i like your type here. Fun instructive and educational

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by LeSudAfricaine: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
Narcissism at it's' best in typical Nigerian fashion

1 Like

Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by fireforfire: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
Nig will ONE day regain their stand as d GIANT of Africa. Who no like am make e go drink gutter waTer
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by banty: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
jmichlins:
for your mind sha, the way you guys reason Ehen, tortoise self get sense pass u. undecided
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Opoki(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
Naija for life. A guy once said anywhere you reach and you no see a naija then nothing is happening in that place.
Re: Kenya Cries : It’s Nigeria, Not China, That Is Slowly But Surely Colonising Us ! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
mikeapollo:

Get some education and clear your ignorance

https://www.nairaland.com/3050941/documents-igbos-pictures#44733889

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reactions To Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko's Marriage In Memes / Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Daughter's Birthday Party / Cynthia Morgan Shares No Makeup Picture (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.