Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot (17985 Views)

Abdulrashid Maina Swindled Sani Abacha Family / Awolowo Gave Western Region In 7 Years What British Couldn't Give Nigeria In 50 / We Will Remain Grateful To Abacha Family – Governor Dickson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by egobetatoday: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
fulanimafia:
This news is like a sharp knife through the heart of bitter wailers...they will wake up to learn that the West is still cooperating with Nigeria despite the Chinese deal, against their twisted desires.

Kudos to Magu and Malami (AGF) for facilitating the repatriation of our resources.

funny you! this is actually a sharp knife thru the hearts of bitter zombies. i thought your 'saint' said Abacha is not corrupt. Hide your faces in shame , you n buhari ntorrrrr grin
Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by fulanimafia: 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
DMerciful:
it doesnt necessarily make you a thief but makes you someone who tolerates stealing undecided. If my kinsman is a confirmed criminal, i will remain quiet in shame if i cannot condemn him

You are not making sense. I celebrated the recovery of the stolen money, yet in your head that means I tolerate stealing?

You need to heal yourself of the bigotry that is disrupting your ability to think clearly.
Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by nortcentrallord(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Guyman02:
Abacha is just the conduit, the real thieves are western leaders who helped him to move this funds to their countries.
America will return the loot with several conditions (as if it is their money) to the Federal Govt without any accruable interest for 20 years when their banks have gained so much in transacting with the looted funds.

This money was promised to be returned since PMB visited Obama in June 2015 and is just coming now because they fear Buhari is beginning to look east to China, Middle East and probably Russia which will not go down favourably with the West because Nigeria's over dependence on the Dollar will reduce and this will also affect plans by the so called 'port folio' investors from the west to buy off national assets at below actual values.

The above is also making the EU parliament to suddenly decide to intervene on the issue of Nnandi Kanu who is now being called 'EU citizen' and this moves is quite predictable to some of us who are versed in International global politics.
The propaganda has already commenced with the recent EU parliament move seeking to demonize the Federal Government of Nigeria as violating the fundamental human rights of Mr Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB with wide international media publicity just immediately the announcement came that the President has signed an agreement with China for dollar swap and also the resurgent agitation in the western media (CNN, BBC, SKY etc) for the Chibok Girls led by CNN providing an 'exclusive' video which they had since December 2015 as evidence that the girls may be alive are all part of the western media propaganda that we may see coming up in the next weeks.

Nigerians must gear up and know that the west will surely fight back using different means which are public knowledge such as sponsoring terror groups like they did in Syria and Libya to destabilize the country further and for Nigeria it means Boko Haram, IPOB, Niger Delta militancy and Foreign Fulani Herdsmen getting more support and media coverage (same scenario was used in Syria and Libya where jihadists were imported and armed and trained by the Pentagon and CIA for regime changes and removal of the secular Govts of President Bashar Assad and Gaddafi respectively.
Muamar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein's attempts to dump the Dollar for Gold Dinar and Euro respectively led to the invasion and destabilization of Libya and Iraq and Syria under the guise of 'humanitarian intervention and promotion of Freedom and Democracy' in those countries and Nigeria should beware in shouting out loud about the currency swap with Yuan (RMB).

The West assisted the APC in coming to power in Nigeria with the hope of installing a puppet for Nigeria and would have helped us to destroy our country in 2015 if Jonathan had not accepted defeat like we witnessed in Ivory Coast were France under a spurious UN mandate intervened as 'peacekeepers' to bomb their candidate Alassane Ouatara (a former Director of IMF) to the Presidency when Laurent Gbagbo insisted he won the election which was reaffirmed by the Supreme Court of that country. The French claimed that the judges of the Ivorian Supreme court were made up of Gbagbos friends (but it is a constitutional body no matter how flawed we may think) and the intervention by France to forcefully install Ouatara led to a loss of over 3000 African lives.
Now if we juxtapose the Ivorian situation with Nigeria we should be grateful to GEJ for acceding to the results of that election against his party PDP position that it was flawed with under-aged voting, electoral manipulation etc.

All the claims to recovery of stolen Nigerian funds by the west have yielded little results like this one ($480m out of $150b) instead the media is bombarded with promises of investment by US and EU with little to show for it in terms of infrastructure and job creation.

The IMF has consistently encouraged Nigeria to devalue its currency and take loans from them, suggestions that has been rejected by PMB through the country's Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun in favour of home grown economic models is a good development but will not go down well with the west as its success will encourage other African countries to follow the same path with Nigeria.

Nigerians should know that the progress of this nation will not go down well with some powerful nations who think they are losing out and may use those elements that has always divided us to foment trouble such as our Tribal and Religious differences, but we should not be as foolish as some Arabs who fell for the trick of US led 'Freedom and Democracy' during the CIA instigated Arab Spring to destroy a very stable country like Libya which had the highest standard of living of living in Africa under the 'Brutal Dictator Gaddafi Regime' using western media demonization lexicon to describe leaders they dont like; if PMB continues to seek closer partnership with the east, we should not be surprised when foreign media start referring to him as Nigeria brutal dictator despite him being democratically elected.

We should not fall for any propaganda, let America and the west return all our stolen funds, after all its not their money, they only condition should be that a credible body of eminent incorruptible Nigerians should be constituted to monitor how the funds are spent.
We may be going through a difficult phase but if we believe Nigeria will be great again.
The Federal Govt needs to monitor closely the kind of information passed through BBC and VOA Hausa radio Services since it is the most popular medium for news in the North but have led to riots in the past through incisive broadcasts on the BBC.

you are very precise in your analysis and I applaud you for that but when you come in to power with the same organ of propaganda using the support of the western world, you should also expect the same treatment once you don't dance to their tone anymore. Pulling others down just to get something you so badly wish for is something wrong. I only wish we could rally round ourselves as Nigerians, tender apologies as deserved and come together to build this country as one but from all indication, the fabric holding us together is far weaker than what is dividing us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by poseidon12: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
I hope Buhari doesn't give the money back to the Abacha family since he has always claimed that Abacha was not corrupt. Cluelessness personified.
Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by Mbcastrol(m): 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
I really wish this govt can tell us how much we have recovered so far...
Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by Tarzaa(m): 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
Agreeing to give is different from giving, the money is ours, give us!
Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by 4wrd9ja: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
our father abacha giving us our yearly money and some idiots will be telling me its pdp 16years misrule that put us in the mess we are now. oooh lest I forgot sombori said abacha did not loot or steal any money hmmm.
Re: U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot by SenJoe(m): 1:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Justinah4real:
Their is a strong similarity btwn Buhari and Abacha. People slept in filling station, manhandled by police and army,Zombies kept telling us to be patient, that we need time, pastors kept telling us to pray, while Abacha looted unlimited. I wont be surprised if Buuharis children all turn up to be billionaires in dollars.
You made a good point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Election: Ize-iyamu Contested Against INEC- Fayose / Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke / Wamakko To Service Chiefs, IGP: Resign Now For Dereliction Of Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.