Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm (7654 Views)

Herd Of Cattle Spotted On Ikorodu Road (Photo) / Police In Igando Used Drone To Track Movement Of Militants, Lagos. PICS / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by naptu2: 7:41am On Apr 18, 2016
[size=14pt]Task force bans movement of cattle, herdsmen after 7pm in Bauchi, Plateau.[/size]

By Golok Nanmwa, Jos - April 15, 2016

Operation Safe Haven, OPSH, deployed to restore law and order in Plateau and parts of Bauchi State has banned the movement of cattle and herdsmen after 7pm as part of efforts to sustain the peace process.

OPSH Commander, Major-General Tagbo Ude, yesterday, issued the ban during a town hall meeting between various community leaders, village heads and ardos of Riyom, Barkin Ladi, Jos South and Mangu Local Government Areas. General Ude also emphasised the need to live together and called on all parties involved to consolidate on the hard earned peace that is already in place.

He noted that he was not unaware that some of the challenges facing internally displaced persons who wish to return to their homes is the likely hood of their lands being sold or occupied by others, stressing that “if somebody has legitimately acquired his land, it is his, whether he is Berom or Fulani.”

”Due to the security challenges, a lot of people left their homes, many of them now want to return, but their lands have either been sold or are being occupied illegally. However, we are happy that displaced persons in Lomak and Baka in Riyom have returned to their homes,” he said.

The commander commended the formation of a joint Berom and Fulani vigilante group in Barkin Ladi which he said has identified bad eggs within both communities and stressed that the strategy will be replicated in other communities.

The Chairman of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Muhammad Nura, said he is happy with the ban on grazing after 7pm, adding that the group had also banned the use of children to rear cattle.

http://nigerianpilot.com/taskforce-bans-movement-cattle-herdsmen-7pm-bauchi-plateau/

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Luckylife(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Nice move

5 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by DONSMITH123(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2016
good one

5 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Saheed9: 8:11am On Apr 18, 2016
Better
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Arewa12: 8:11am On Apr 18, 2016
issorite
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by kinziking(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2016
GOOD NEWS

5 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Sunnycliff(m): 8:13am On Apr 18, 2016
As long as the Presidency is simply mute on this pressing issue, it leaves no option than self defence. As long as this marauders are on an AK47 spree with life bullets, then the earlier we attack the better than defence!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by DonMaxxy(m): 8:13am On Apr 18, 2016
MAFO-----Movement Against Fulani Occupation yielding results.

This development will soon be adopted by other states. Some ill even make their own 4pm.

Oga fulani herdsman, if your cattle only see fine edible grasses at night, kindly change the specie and bring in a diurnal one. For those fine grasses they only see at night are pple's crops.

12 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by HRich(m): 8:13am On Apr 18, 2016
E don happen be say E don Happen.

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by kingarizona1(m): 8:14am On Apr 18, 2016
It should be implemented in Every State

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Burger01(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2016
Good. Make I climb tree dey read comments smiley

2 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by lightheart(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2016
Way to go!
Should be replicated in every other state.

3 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Goldenheart(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Not bad....
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Beehshorp(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Imbeciles ban the movement completely and give a shoot on sight order if any is seen at all...

I just dey wonder no be dis people wey I dey see wey look malnourished and look like people wey if u give one slap dem go die dey cause all dis commotion? Normal normal na buhari I blame cos na him dey give dem morale but e don do be say e don do.. Self defense na im sure pass.. Ever since dem start dis dia useless killings anyday I see dem pass my street I go lock my gate o come position my self strategically with my matchete incase na fyt dem want..

9 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2016
They have woken up from their slumber. embarassed
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2016
Benue nko?

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by HITTED(m): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2016
They should ban the cows from shitting anyhow on the roads too

2 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Welber(f): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Nice move
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by dammytosh: 8:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Nice move.

Others should be waiting for Buhari
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by dukie25: 8:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram are one and the same.
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Sunnycliff:
As long as the Presidency is simply mute on this pressing issue, it leaves no option than self defence. As long as this marauders are on an AK47 spree with life bullets, then the earlier we attack the better than defence!
Seriously it's worrisome, the studied silence of the presidency on issues like this of national importance, where lives are lost on a regular basis but they deploy all state machinery (from Buhari to garba shehu to Adesina to Oyegun to........ Zombies on nairaland) to join issues with Fayose who hasn't as much as hurt a fly but just makes mouth like a jobless housewife.
Just goes to show the value they place on human lives, yet zombies here would cut throat to defend them

5 Likes

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Balkan(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by MissingBudget: 8:20am On Apr 18, 2016
Even their own people are fed up. Remaining their chief patrons (Buhari and El-Rufai).

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Raphaelgreg040(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2016
;DJos people be lyk, its ur turn for the curfew cow
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by ayukdaboss(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2016
I hope it works....most of these cattle rearers are uneducated and might not understand
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by hardywaltz(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2016
Good
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by Olukologia(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2016
That will not solve any problem. What they should try to do is to acquire a large land and give them necessary needs. @least
Re: Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm by tammie24: 8:23am On Apr 18, 2016
great
I think they should ban movement of cattle herders totally and adopt the modern way of cattle rearing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proposed APC NEC Meeting Sparks Allegation Of Forgery / Enugu,uyo And Calabar Which Is The Most Develop ,livable City In Nigeria / Chijioke Chukwu: Seven Members Of Abia House Ready To Dump PDP In April,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.