Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars (1623 Views)

I Predicted Nigerians Would Be Victims Of Buhari-apc ‘one-chance’ Bus - Abati / APC Blasts Fayose For Opposing Buhari's China Deal / Buhari’s China Visit Yields Billions In Investment For Nigeria – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by lokito: 7:46am On Apr 18, 2016
The federal government’s plan to increase the availability of renminbi (Yuan) was already favouring the Naira against the dollar, the President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria, Mr Aminu Gwadabe has said.

Gwadabe said in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) weekend in Abuja that since the announcement, the naira had appreciated by N10 against the dollar.

NAN recalls that as a way to resuscitate the current currency slump in Nigeria, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd and the Central Bank of Nigeria signed a deal on Yuan transactions.

The deal meant the Yuan will flow freely around Nigerian banks and will even be included in the country’s foreign exchange reserves.

Since 2014 when Yuan was recognised as a likely global reserve currency, Ghana, South Africa and Zimbabwe have integrated the currency into their financial markets.

Gwadabe said the dollar was now changing for N310 as against the former rate of N320 and predicted that once the policy is in force, the price of dollar will continue to fall.

“This new policy will help the informal payment sector. You know more than 50 per cent of foreign businesses in Nigeria is with China.

“Before now, Nigerians doing business in China have to change their money to dollar, then from dollar to Yuan. ”

“You can all testify to the number of made in China things in the country. So if small and large businesses can convert straight to Yuan, it’s better.

“Also we are hearing that the Yuan will not only be available in the Banks but in the BDC segment as well.

“It will mean more business for us because most African countries will come to Nigeria to source for Yuan and we are excited about this development and we welcome it,” he said.

He urged the CBN to monitor the development closely for effective implementation of the policy.

http://leadership.ng/news/519107/yuan-deal-forces-dollar-retreat

1 Like

Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by VictorRomanov: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2016
This is funny! Is this the first time the dollar has dropped during the dollar-hike era. Sometime ago it came down to about N250/$ only to rise to N320/$. And we are singing cos of N10 drop? What is the guarantee that it won't hit N350/$ soon afterwards?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by talktonase(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2016
i dey wait to see dollar crash...
Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by ambitiousLord(m): 8:40am On Apr 18, 2016
Kudos to bubu on this. One cup of chilled fura for u
Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by babyfaceafrica: 8:46am On Apr 18, 2016
God bless Nigeria
Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by crestedaguiyi: 9:15am On Apr 18, 2016
you just know zombies from their line of thinking.

body odour is no longer working. Animals

has any of you wondered why Chinese reserve is in USD yet zombies are celebrating deal they are yet to see the full details of.

Russian investors lost 30% of their holdings just few months after they made the same move this joke of a country recently made

2 Likes

Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by Mikehell(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed will do for now
Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by DonMaxxy(m): 9:47am On Apr 18, 2016
"Thou shall not count thy chicks before thy eggs are hatched"... This is the 11th commandent.

Dont break this commandment by being overly optimistic with All Progressive Confusion.
You are too young to have high bp.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by DaBullIT(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Omenka

Abeg put mouth before bad Belle spoil am
Re: I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2016
I wonder why people are talking about crashing/dropping the US Dollar as if it depends on Nigeria's economy. sad you can only talk about raising the value of the Naira.

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Spits Fire!!! Buhari And Obj / Heartless Boy Taking Selfie During Funeral Prayer Of Deceased Kano Players PIC / Fayose Admits To Buying Properties Of N1.35 Bilion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.