Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave (29706 Views)

Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / Soldier Sleeps In "Grave" And Fights Boko Haram (Photos) / Saraki: "The President Buhari We Met Was Witty And Healthy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by emerged01(m): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2016
At the inception of this administration, the president and the ruling party, APC made it known to all that they don’t need a senate president with excess baggage.

They don’t need a senate president with outstanding corruption cases because they want to maintain a neat leadership devoid of personalities with ongoing corruption cases.

Ordinarily, Senator George Akume was supposed to emerge as the senate president in the sense that he was the senate minority leader when his party(APC) was in the opposition.

With his party coming to power, he was supposed to be automatically elevated to the senate presidency.

His ambition was cut short after the president insisted that his number three man must be devoid of any outstanding corruption case .

Akume has an outstanding case with EFCC.

Seeing the danger ahead and also not wanting to go against his party wish, the political field Marshall, the JAGABAN BORGU, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who had supported the Akume candidature, did a political somersault and adviced his friend, Akume to deter his ambition and transfered his support to the party’s preferred choice being Senator Lawan of Yobe State.

Once again, Tinubu proved to be the master political strategist, knowing when to either pull out, move forward or move backwards.

Unlike Akume, Saraki has more serious outstanding corruption cases hanging on his head and could have deferred his ambition but pride and stupidity took hold of him and he decided to go extreme.

He did not only disobey his party but went as far as conspiring with the PDP and betrayed his party by making a PDP man the Deputy Senate president.

Well, after the president and vice declared their assets, the next person was the senate president.

And what do we expect the government to do when its senate president defaulted?

To leave him and create the wrong impression that the government’s anti-corruption stance is just a fluke?

Please blame Saraki for his problems. He was prior informed about what is in stock for a senate president with excess baggage, but he still went ahead and decided to destroy himself.

So how does his issues now translate to witch hunting when he was fore warned of the implications of his ambition?

He dug his own grave out of pride and greed.
Let him be buried in it.

http://www.leadership.ng/opinions/519151/saraki-man-dug-grave

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:53am On Apr 18, 2016
undecided tinubu wrote this article himself lipsrsealed

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by princemillla(m): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Watch your tongue.... There are foul words in ur article.

The purpose of ur article was supposed to address n not attack else you might be parading yourself as a paid writer

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2016
saraki messed himself up

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by nnachukz(m): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2016
Bring in any story that suits you, all I know is that none of them is clean. Even the person they wanted to give the Senate President seat can never in all honesty be said to be clean. If Saraki indeed has dug his grave, he can also decide when to cover it up.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by dotTEE007(m): 9:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Well said!

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by dotTEE007(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2016
But none of them is saint even bubu av skeleton in his cupboard

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 18, 2016
i cant wait to see him beside Mazi nnamdi Kanu at Kuje prison grin When he fraudulently emerged as the senate president, we predicted his impending doom but his blind followers like pa chukwudi44 think it's a bluff. I see tinubu's hand in this saraki trial. This is meant to show saraki that no matter how rich and powerful he his, the Jagaban will always be a political father to him. Saraki fuccked with the wrong guys forgetting that the Era of the weak GEJ and impunity is over. He is a PDP soul covered with an APC body. He is deceptive and too ambitious hence the need to send him to political Oblivion. All hail the Jagaban of Borgu and PMB for letting the over pampered kid understand he cant outshine his masters

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Babacele: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2016
nnachukz:
Bring in any story that suits you, all I know is that none of them is clean. Even the person they wanted to give the Senate President seat can never in all honesty be said to be clean. If Saraki indeed has dug his grave, he can also decide when to cover it up.
we are already doing the ' dust-to-dust' cos we no want no stench any more! u wanna join him so that we cover u up with him pls?

11 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Boscojugunu(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2016
You spoke my mind. He should face the consequences of his actions. He betrayed his party, Nigerians and himself. Corruption has so eaten deep into his system that he can't even do anything without adding a spice of corruption.

15 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2016
why not wait for Saraki to enter the grave fist before ranting.You people have been making noise since September last year and Saraki is still sitting tight as senate president

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by rash47(m): 9:57am On Apr 18, 2016
Op, you forgot to add, saraki was written to by his party chairman after his election as senate president to show understanding and appoint the nominees chosen by the party, but as arrogant as he his, he replied the chairman saying ''my hands are tied'' painful right? Weeks later the unity forum senators ask the pompous senate president to show remorse for all his wrongdoing, again he refused. Meanwhile in kwara state here where I reside, after the 2015 general election, saraki penalise some APC stalwart like cook olododo for not adhering to some party instruction. Saraki is a megalomaniac leader that is to be crush now now, his thirst for power is certainly fueled by his illuminatic connection. The pic below is when one of his estranged godson come for reconciliation with him.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by nnachukz(m): 10:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Babacele:
we are already doing the ' dust-to-dust' cos we no want no stench any more! u wanna join him so that we cover u up with him pls?
were you the one that dug it for him, if you are not, then forget about covering it for him. Just find a way to make your life useful.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by dukie25: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2016
Omo Oloye is going no where, deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by truthalways(m): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2016
SARAKI: THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Chanchit: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2016
The world "hereditary" is very strong, he just loves toeing same path with his father.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by tuoyoojo(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2016
ok na

all is fair in love and war
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by shamsuRana(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2016
am not sure he knows the depth of the grave,until he is in it...

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2016
all these zombies articles everywhere
what will happen if at the end saraki is still the Senate president

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Sunnycliff(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki: The tsetsefly on the scrotum of APC! And the struck bone in the throat of the JANGAWEEDANS ZOMBIES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by clemmonce(m): 10:41am On Apr 18, 2016
What a pity
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Seyi22: 10:41am On Apr 18, 2016
Lol.. so it is nw a crime to be President of the Senate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by asumo12: 10:41am On Apr 18, 2016
angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2016
All these articles condemning Saraki already are not meant to be.

He's not been convicted yet by any court. Let's wait for that moment.

Looks like the senators are working on modifying some rules in their favour.

I also noticed sahara reporters is even making it easy for them.

But we need to move forward

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by triplewisdom: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
undecided tinubu wrote this article himself lipsrsealed
You may be right oooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by prinsam30: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2016
like father like son, wailers keep wailing

5 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by defash8: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
This Saraki should be the strongest politician in Nigeria, how can the whole country be calling his name. He is more popular than Buhari, no newspaper that you will not see him on front page, I am sure he should be having headache now because of the way people call his name.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by showblack(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
All I know is Dat Saraki must go

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Sirmuel1(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Seriously? grin
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by wolesmile(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Still watching like a patient vulture...

Still waiting to see how this script will write out...

Still wondering... "Will Saraki be prosecuted? And when (Not 'If') found guilty, will he be sentenced?
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Evathyst(f): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki as far as I know is a dead man walking. Until the emergence of David Mark, the seat of the Senate President has never been something a person relaxes on. undecided undecided

Anyways, that's what blind ambition does to someone. It prevents one from seeing the bigger picture and imagining the consequences of one's action. Saraki, when next you come to this world, remember to keep your ambition in check. wink wink

Meanwhile, I can see Pa Chukwudi44 up there. I wonder the calibre of Old men we now have in this generation. Gone are the days when old men are virtuous. Smh. undecided undecided

P.S

Any good samaritan can please help me with this;

by Evathyst(f): 10:34am
Good morning house,

Please ehn, I'm making this enquiry on behalf of someone. She graduated from OAU, and had since collected her certificate. She was as well mobilised for this upcoming youth service. But the problem is that this person in question doesn't have a valid means of identification;

-She had submitted her OAU I.D card in the course of collecting her certificate.
-She didn't have voters card nor did she have a National I.D card.
-Drivers licence and international passport, she doesn't posses any.

Now, my question is that what other means of identification can this person in question tender in camp so as not be barred from entering?

Awaiting your prompt response.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) / Boko Haram Terrorist Who Kidnapped Shettima Ali Monguno Arrested. Photos / I Am Innocent Of All Charges Take Me To Court, Fayose Tells efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.