Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,641 members, 7,816,641 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why (985 Views)

Adorable Photos Of Mayorkun And His Team Members Performing At 30billionconcert / Mayorkun Eleko Reaches 1million Views / Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by Mrshroud: 11:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Whether it sounds like a yoruba soundtrack or not, the definition of music is roughly any sound that is rhythmically pleasing to the human ear and portrays a picture or message.

When I downloaded eleko with my mind set to listening to something below par in terms of general quality.
I was shocked that the song I was listening to was the same song Iamsynord had reviewed in -not-so-favorable terms.

The first impression of the song is amazing,
The song opens up with a background_melody sympathetic synth solo laced with a heavy reverb effect (kudos to sukasounds) the reverb effect is plenty enough to be rhythmically pleasant and present without being excessively noisy or distorted. Such balancing can only come from one of the very best. Shout out to sukasounds. Once more.

When it was mentioned that the voice wasn't mixed well enough, I'm stirred to ask , how well should the voice be mixed?

I think the voice sits in the mix, just in the right proportion as is enough for any anomalies to be detected by the 'human ears', and for the creativity to duck any sonic short-comings; which is well enough.

The placement of phrases suits the hits of the percussions and the melodical theme of the song.

While I agree that the beat is typical, I personally think , there's nothing like a 2001 beat. If there's anything about music , it is its ability to re-create itself . A bob marley tune can be used with modern beat technology, mix and mastered to form another musical framework. No piece of music ever dies or becomes obsolete.
I agree that the song might have come up as wack and unsuccessful , without the aid of quality branding, the quality of the beat and recording engineering , and oh! the 'sukasounds touch', but then many other successful songs have those afore-mentioned as their strong benefits as well.

And Although I'd have appreciated Iamsynords analysis as an aspect of his personal musical or sonic preferences if he'd stated the said analysis as his personal opinion.
I otherwise find Iamsynords review of the song unfair to davido's brand. by introducing the negative aspect to Mayourkon's first impression/single under the HKN brand you might just be playing a role in tilting the minds of certain people to the other side. Certain people who're indifferent to musical analysis and who otherwise would have loved the song would now have a negative mind set.

Fact is , the song is Good enough on its own and even better than some nigerian songs that have gone virally acclaimed .
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by johnwizey: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2016
I haven't listen to the song and i dont intend to
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by hob(m): 11:34am On Apr 18, 2016
yet to listen to the song, so i cant judge
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2016
Mrshroud, thank you for this wonderful analysis..

Now mr shroud, i am not against Mayourkun nor Hkn but against this Eleko.

Please mr shroud, listen to this song

TRavie Lon ft Mayorkun titled Sheybai ..

http://joelxclusive..co.ke/2015/12/new-music-travie-lon-ft-mayor-kun_12.html?m=1

Then listen,

mayourkun is a talent, he should simply go back to the studio and bring something better. If he is not told the truth, he will keep churning out rubbish.. And even if he will churn out rubbish,let it be pleasant rubbish.

Pls listen to the two songs and lets see your view.
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by BrightEye(m): 11:41am On Apr 18, 2016
I had to download this song you guys are arguing over to listen to it. And here is my view: though I am not a fan of local music, but eleko song is good when you compare it to some numerous trash music most of our so called artists sing. I did not expect it, the condemnation of such track, where thousand of meaningless songs are there.
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by Mrshroud: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord:
Mrshroud, thank you for this wonderful analysis..

Now mr shroud, i am not against Mayourkun nor Hkn but against this Eleko.

Please mr shroud, listen to this song

TRavie Lon ft Mayorkun titled Sheybai ..

http://joelxclusive..co.ke/2015/12/new-music-travie-lon-ft-mayor-kun_12.html?m=1

Then listen,

mayourkun is a talent, he should simply go back to the studio and bring something better. If he is not told the truth, he will keep churning out rubbish.. And even if he will churn out rubbish,let it be pleasant rubbish.

Pls listen to the two songs and lets see your view.
I listened to the track you refered me to bro, and I still maintain that what is the matter here is a clash of personal musical and sonic preferences .

The both songs are typical , while Travie Lon's song shebai has a soft RnB mix , Eleko's mix accentuates the Sharp 'rock_the_party' sound.

On a personal outlook, and Fundamentally , I think MayorKun didn't do any better than he did on Eleko.

But I think Eleko is more tilted to the everyday naija commercial music culture(noise and dance) than the other song, and while that is not a short-coming in the context of the everyday naija music rhythm and vibe, it becomes a short coming in the context of world-acclaimed good-music of which Travie Lon's song falls short as well.

Nevertheless ,I am happy we both agree that Mayorkun is Talented and has the potential to grow and do better , no one can take that away from him.
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mrshroud:
I listened to the track you refered me to bro, and I still maintain that what is the matter here is a clash of personal musical and sonic preferences .

The both songs are typical , while Travie Lon's song shebai has a soft RnB mix , Eleko's mix accentuates the Sharp 'rock_the_party' sound.

On a personal outlook, and Fundamentally , I think MayorKun didn't do any better than he did on Eleko.

But I think Eleko is more commercially tilted than the other song, and while that is not a short-coming in the context of the everyday naija music rhythm and vibe, it becomes a short coming in the context of world-acclaimed good-music of which Travie Lon's song falls short as well.

Nevertheless ,I am happy we both agree that Mayorkun is Talented and has the potential to grow and do better , no one can take that away from him.

sure boss. I cant wait for Hkn to release his 2nd single Dapada ft dremo..

After the release, we would know exactly where hkn is headed with that mayourkun...

Nice conversing with a mature listener and critic like you. We need more people like this.

Cheers
Re: Iamsynord's Analysis Of Mayorkun's Eleko Is Wrong; Read Why by Mrshroud: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord:

sure boss. I cant wait for Hkn to release his 2nd single Dapada ft dremo..

After the release, we would know exactly where hkn is headed with that mayourkun...

Nice conversing with a mature listener and critic like you. We need more people like this.

Cheers
The pleasure is all mine my brother.

(1) (Reply)

Afrocandy Lashes Out At Haters Insulting Her Over 'flabby' Body & Stretch Marks / Check Out Actress Kate Henshaw’s Stunning Traditional Look / Yemi Alade, Bonang Matheba On BET Red Carpet 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.