Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers (394 Views)

Robbers Kill 4 Police Officers In Edo, Burn Them To Ashes (Graphic Photos) / Ritualists Kill 4 Boys In Islamic School In Niger State, Drain Their Blood(Pics) / Cultists In Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Kill 4 Students (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers by mediang: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2016
FOUR persons were killed by unknown gunmen in three separate attacks in different parts of Rivers State, between last Thursday and Saturday.
The attacks were carried out in Ogale, Bomu and Elele communities of Eleme, Gokana and Ikwerre local government areas of the state.

It was gathered that two persons, Lekia Nzeregbara and Fred Teedom, were shot dead by the yet-to-be identified killers at Ogale community and Bomu Town, in Eleme and Gokana local government areas between Thursday and Friday nights, respectively.

Chairman, caretaker committee of Gokana Local Government Area, Austin Sor, confirmed the two incidents to newsmen in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

He condemned the killings and called on the police to launch an immediate investigation into the killings.

“On Thursday, Mr Lekia Nzeregbara was gunned down at Ogale in Eleme Local Government Area. His death is one too many to mention. We totally condemn that.

“Shortly after that, at about 6.30 or 7.00 p.m, a youth leader, Mr Fred Teedom, from Bomu and was also shot dead.

“I know that, like I was told that those that shot him are these cult boys from that community. We also want the Nigerian Police and other security agencies to conduct their investigation and ensure that the culprits are brought to book,” he said.

Also, unknown gunmen killed two persons and kidnapped another one after they attacked a compound at Elele community, at around 8.00 p.m. Saturday night.

A senior police officer at the Elele Divisional Headquarters confirmed the incident, as he said efforts were being made to track the perpetrators of the act.

However, when contacted, Rivers Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ahmad Muhammad, simply said: “I can’t confirm, because I don’t have such report.”
http://medianaija.com.ng/in-rivers-state-4-persons-killed-1-kidnapped-by-unknown-gunmen/
Re: Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers by ricsman(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2016
G and B news coming from Rivers state
Re: Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers by youngaz(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Sometyms i just wonder why pple will continue to do diz to dem selves.....infact we are our own enemy of progress in Nigeria.....if economy iz gud,boko haram iz gone nd all wat will apuun if d pple living in d country dnt even love demselves....4 Naija to move forward.....we must LOVE EACH OTHER!!!!
Re: Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers by youngaz(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Sometyms i just wonder why pple will continue to do diz to dem selves.....infact we are our own enemy of progress in Nigeria.....if economy iz gud,boko haram iz gone nd all wat will apun if d pple living in d country dnt even love demselves....4 Naija to move forward.....we must LOVE EACH OTHER!!!!
Re: Gunmen Kill 4, Kidnap 1 In Rivers by charijee(f): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
Oh God! !...not again!

(1) (Reply)

I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless — Robbery Suspect / Black Marketers Remain Defiant In Katsina Despite Warning From Police / NDLEA Discovers Cocaine In Woman’s Packs Of Sweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.