Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Start Up Profile - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Start Up Profile (373 Views)

What Is The Start Up Salary Of An Air Force Recruit With SSCE? / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? / How To Rock Your Linkedin Profile In 8 Steps in 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Start Up Profile by OPNblog(f): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
My name is Olaotan Olakunle A., a Building Technology graduate from the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro. I run a dynamic outfit called KTECH MEDIA. We are out to help people with our skills to make things happen. We offer services such as Graphic Design, Painting & Videography.

Basically what inform my choice of business is the passion I have for these three areas of business and not just passion but I have taken some trainings in these line of business which gives me the edge.

Being self-employed gives me the opportunity to explore my mind. I am someone who loves trying out stuffs personally. One of the main reasons I prefer being self-employed is that in paid employment, one is limited to the exploration of one’s mind because you are paid to do what they want you to do while you are free to express yourself in self-employment.

There are numerous challenges facing a start-up business person one of which is finance. There are things I see & know that if I put in place as an entrepreneur will yield result more but because the funds to execute it is not available, I feel helpless in such situation. Also power ‘electricity’ is one big challenge entrepreneurs face in our country today. If this menace is fixed in this Nation we all we see a great transformation in the lives of our youth & entrepreneurs.

We have been able to cope with the pressure to meet up with the demands of clients because we are diligent ‎at our work, once we get an order we swing into action thereby avoiding any form of pressure from the client.

I have not really been exposed to loan facilities because most of the seminars I have attended about loan facility talks, the seminars are mostly agricultural loan facility. It appears to me that more loans are available for the entrepreneurs in agriculture line of business than the kind of business that we offer.

What I would really want the government or financial institutions to do is that they should make soft loans available for young entrepreneurs. I usually say something, for some of our young entrepreneurs to kick-off their business all they require is just Fifty Thousand Naira (N50, 000) and you find out that such person can hardly get such amount from the banks easily without having to provide several documents, except if the person gets the money from friends & family. Again if the person doesn’t have a buoyant family, what will be the fate of such young entrepreneur? So banks should set-up ‎small or micro finance system that will take such soft loan seriously. Banks should offer financial management trainings for entrepreneurs who are willing to take their business to the next level.

Where I see our business in the next 10 years is that ‎I see our business to have metamorphosed into other face of businesses, our client base would have increased and also become a big name in the industry.
As for continuity plan, I don’t have one yet, but our prayer is that we will grow so big and will come into the picture we have in mind for the future. Thanks

Here are some of KTECH’s Works

Re: Start Up Profile by OPNblog(f): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Get That Job Through Successful Job Search / AIT Sacks All Staff Of Benin Station / The Future Depends On What You Do Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.