Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) (42559 Views)

What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Free SS1 - SS3 ICT (Computer Studies) Lesson Notes For 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD TERMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 19, 2016
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by andyanders: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Have you gone to the school to report to the school principal? Take this photograph and go to the State Ministry of Education and also to the police. The teacher should be dismissed and also charged to court.

He has no moral right to flog or inflict any sort of wound on any child.

The Federal Ministry of Education should also step into this issue.

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by VoteforLANICKY(f): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Jeez! angry angry

This is too much angry
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by SidL(m): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Perhaps it's time to draft 'laws' on this matter.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by showblack(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2016
Op I know understand your story

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Breed(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2016
Playing football in the hall at 10:00pm - okay
Disobeying house master's instructions - okay
Locking out house masters - okay
Flogging the peeps - wrong

Are some of you guys serious?
They should thank their stars they were even allowed to take the exams at all.
Not as if they will pass though with such attitudes

5 Likes

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Expsbterror(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2016
EVILFOREST:
I was expecting something CHALLENGING.

most of our OLDEN DAYS mothers did worse than this.

OLDEN DAYS mothers were able to beat FOOLISHNESS out of children.
Some of us were BATHED with very HOT WATER.
some of us SAT on FIRE.
some of our MUM acquired phD in maltreatment.

In fact, when asked to go home from SCHOOL some of us preferred staying back at school.
We were flogged both at SCHOOL and CHURCH.

OP, Please how old are U......?
Because I can't see anything

Like seriously Bro.. I fear for the future, I don't even see anything on the dudes body. Infact the dude supposed to be flogged again and this time for real. What made us though and strong and disciplined was the amount and intensity of how you were flogged or punished. Now and days u can't try it. Every body calls u wicked. It's so so funny. So make them stop to flog children who misbehave ni. My dad never flogged me, na only shout which definitely left it's marks on my shorts and trousers with hot flow of urine. Mum D most of the beating and I still appreciate her if not I would have been some spoilt dude. This new generation is scaring me ooo,a generation where kids don't know how to use D library or even use the four figure table and other stuffs. Where sparing the rod to spoil the child is honoured and Celebrated.

3 Likes

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Kgdavid(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Hehe well they are boys... they will only grow stronger and harder for it. A warrior counts his scars as a thing of beauty.

That teacher, meanwhile needs to be reported to the police, and then sued. I wonder why you have come to report on nairaland? You don't know the way to the nearest barrister's office?
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Expsbterror(m): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmm SMH. I fear for the future, I don't even see anything on the dudes body. Infact the dude supposed to be flogged again and this time for real. What made us though and strong and disciplined was the amount and intensity of how you were flogged or punished. Now and days u can't try it. Every body calls u wicked. It's so so funny. So make them stop to flog children who misbehave ni. My dad never flogged me, na only shout which definitely left it's marks on my shorts and trousers with hot flow of urine. Mum D most of the beating and I still appreciate her if not I would have been some spoilt dude. This new generation is scaring me ooo,a generation where kids don't know how to use D library or even use the four figure table and other stuffs. Where sparing the rod to spoil the child is honoured and Celebrated.

If I were the parents of the lad, I would only tell the HM to learn to flog well so he doesn't do much physical damages. Like flogging under the feet, palm etc..
Simple

4 Likes

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by DesChyko: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2016
I agree there should be a limit. But students sometimes drive people off the edge.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by neocortex: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2016
oniru4real:
Me I don't knw ppl's problem. We went to school n teachers flog us. So .I beg make dem be cane dem well b4 dem turn to another thinz

Because you were abused doesn't warrant you supporting an abuser.
One will think Nigeria will be full of well-behaved saints compare to
countries that doesn't tolerate corporal punishment , unfortunately
reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by zayyadoski(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2016
Head masters have been doing that since 18BC..... Bt i think it's high time they knew that we are no longer in jahiliya period.

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by neocortex: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2016
EVILFOREST:

some of us SAT on FIRE.

In fact, when asked to go home from SCHOOL some of us preferred staying back at school.

No wonder we have a generation of angry youths.
I will like to know if you will make your children also sit
on fire so as to remove foolishness from them.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Mickchillz(m): 10:17am On Apr 19, 2016
EmmySparky:
Lol try this on me or my brothers and my dad would skin u alive...

Lolz no offence but for a guy, you just sounded like a lil b*-*ch grin how old are you?!

3 Likes

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2016
There are two other versions of this story we haven't heard: The housemaster's and the truth. Until then, any comment would be biased and premature.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by neocortex: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2016
Expsbterror:

Like seriously Bro.. I fear for the future, I don't even see anything on the dudes body. Infact the dude supposed to be flogged again and this time for real. What made us though and strong and disciplined was the amount and intensity of how you were flogged or punished. Now and days u can't try it. Every body calls u wicked. It's so so funny. So make them stop to flog children who misbehave ni. My dad never flogged me, na only shout which definitely left it's marks on my shorts and trousers with hot flow of urine. Mum D most of the beating and I still appreciate her if not I would have been some spoilt dude. This new generation is scaring me ooo,a generation where kids don't know how to use D library or even use the four figure table and other stuffs. Where sparing the rod to spoil the child is honoured and Celebrated.

You must be joking, kindly back up your claim.
The so-called "disciplined" generation are those who
are eager to break any rules just to achieve their aim.
We can all see them in motor parks, pedestrian bridges
and fuel stations.

If you had claimed the beatings made you fear your parents,
I won't contest that, but discipline, well maybe it now has
another meaning.

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Dhurmynick(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2016
hatux:
For Christ sake, this is child abuse... The house master should not go unpunished, what an heartless being he is!

Smh angry

2 Likes

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by SidL(m): 10:27am On Apr 19, 2016
andyanders:
Have you gone to the school to report to the school principal? Take this photograph and go to the State Ministry of Education and also to the police. The teacher should be dismissed and also charged to court.

He has no moral right to flog or inflict any sort of wound on any child.

The Federal Ministry of Education should also step into this issue.

In other words, as long as no wound is inflicted, its "ok?"

No, a teacher has no right under any circumstance to beat anyone, much less a child. Children are also humans and there are laws on such matters as assault, which is assault. If an adult were to 'flog' me, I ought to report such one to the police for assault.

I mean, what's next? Rape children? After all they are not adults?

This all needs to stop. It does not work as a means of correction. It is simply REVENGE--against a child--nothing more. This equally applies to parents as it does teachers.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by bioye(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2016
The comments of some posters here who see this act as no big deal surely bothers me. Either these posters have been so thoroughly abused in their short lifetimes or they are perpetrators of similar acts. How can a school employee inflict any form of bodily injury on a student under any circumstances and you'd see it as justifiable? At the minimum, such occurrences should be investigated and whoever is found culpable be dealt with accordingly.

Sadly, we see events like this happen everyday where the military, police, nscdc officials and others abuse and murder several civilians while many Nigerians justify their actions. Extra-judicial killings are therefore praised and not prosecuted until a graver one happens. We need to once again find our humanity, be our brother's keepers and realise that until we un-apologetically enforce the rule of law, this country will never see sustained development.

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Kookny(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2016
EmmySparky:
true but this is extreme..my papa no get chill at all..he won't even listen to any reason...all this marks..lol the teacher is a gonner

But you're Dad is not helping you, that way

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by amofum(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2016
twoondei:
With the way things are going, students will soon start beating teachers.

You locked your housemaster outside after disobeying an order to stop playing football in the hall at night.

I remember Igbogi college in those days, six strokes each for all of you!

In facts sef, my dad has flogged me with cane before wey teacher sef ask say how far!

Discipline is key and you can't completely separate discipline from corporal punishment.

We are where we are today by the grace of God though

OP if ur broda was in the hostel when the teachers were locked out, doesn't that make him an accomplice to the crimes (I.e. Playing football and locking teachers out). If he deserve to be beaten by a teacher for such, then why did you guys deposit him in the boarding house?
In model college kankon these would earn all of them some days of labour including the flogging. Point is your bro acted as an accomplice from the onset.

2 Likes

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 19, 2016
Csami:
During my secondary school days, house master used fist instead of cane. Next!

No wonder you still reason like someone that was abused. Get help asap.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Kookny(m): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2016
Breed:
Playing football in the hall at 10:00pm - okay
Disobeying house master's instructions - okay
Locking out house masters - okay
Flogging the peeps - wrong

Are some of you guys serious?
They should thank their stars they were even allowed to take the exams at all.
Not as if they will pass though with such attitudes

My brother, you see the triple standard grin

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2016
EmmySparky:
Lol try this on me or my brothers and my dad would skin u alive...
ok ur dad is VADAMN I watch in movie rit? Or he is F/herds men

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Csami(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2016
kaydguru:

No wonder you still reason like someone that was abused. Get help asap.

I'm sure your father is the person responsible for the abuse.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Thobilobah(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2016
AgreatMan:
When I was growing up, stuffs like this are usually not really a big deal but these days n social media, everyone wants to make some traffic.

Students mess up, students get flogged, n sometimes, some get more than they actually deserve but it's part of life.

So OP, follow ur brother to have a strong word with the guy. Don't fight him, students were too rude n even ur brother (as a senior student) could have talked to his cohorts instead of reading in a noisy environment.

This "soft" generation must not remove flogging from the curriculum. Flogging is very good at the right dosage.
one reason why Nigeria will never develop is because people like you still exist. Nigeria has chosen to adopt western education then they should adopt it totally, I mean in civilized countries, they don't beat their children to show discipline, what happened to grounding, what happened to suspension? Imagine Bill gates parent tortured him as a child, all in the name of discipline, causing some psychological disturbance, would he be able to create MicroSoft? Would he be known as the richest man today? When parents chose to torture their children, they get fed up with the beating and they abscond, we see many of them at Garages, motor parks behaving like touts, even if they get married, its everyday beating for both mother and child, and the cycle continues. Tell me how Poverty won't reign...... Please, please and please let us stop child abuse! Its wrong. Africa lays too much emphasis on Tradition and Religion that many have been blindsided to see the Truth. If you agree click like and if not, click share

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by LadyJul(f): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2016
This isn't fair at all.. . We are humans and shouldn't be treated as animals.... I know those dat went to boarding school will say it's normal but this is not near normal... It is just pure act of wickedness... Something needs to be done to stop all this nonsense
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by Richy4(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2016
OP, I will never support what the house master did to your brother... But if Your brother is in SS3, HE basically lied to you about the incident......

Assuming he was in SS2, I will say maybe the teacher made a mistake. I lived in a hostel while in secondary school. and I know what we did to our house Masters while in SS3 which I am not proud of now as an adult.

The House masters almost ran mad because we were unruly.....We derived happiness in making them angry....We were only lucky that flogging was not allowed in that school... but the school employed a school sergeant that takes care of discipline which happens only on school hours ie if a teacher invites him for a student...

You are in a better position to know what SS3 students can do......unfortunately your brother was the scapegoat... just calm down he will not die just make an official report/ Complaint to that school

1 Like

Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by amarachi06(f): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2016
EVILFOREST:

some of us SAT on FIRE.

you are very right.
l used to kneel on stones, then l will pick pin for minutes with tears running down my cheeks. My dad flogged me in my SS3 with Engine belt for fighting along the street even when l was innocent. Just for fighting along the street and this OP is talking trash. If you fight outside you are in trouble even when you are innocent just koko leave trash and come home.
It is only in this generation that you will beat somebody and that person will run away, in 1990's where you wan go?
A beg OP your brother get luck say no be my Papa born em.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by folks4luv(f): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2016
after reading SME comments, I had to go bk up n read d story again cos it seemed like I read a different story. what d house master did is totally wrong, he punished those two guys not to correct them but to vent his anger and frustration. if odawise, he ought to investigate d matter and punish all those involved, not jump on d 1st student he saw. he hasn't corrected anyone now cos he didn't take time to identify those involved.
instilling discipline in young people is not an east task, not something one can do with just beating. my mum stopped beating me when she realized I barely feel d pain any more. come to think of it, I attended a boarding school where a senior will beat everyone in a class cos her boyfriend winks at your classmate. those treatment made us stubborn and rebellious. but we respected those that corrected us for d wrong we did.
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by treachike: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Haaaa dis is wickedness in high places,this is not fair @ all
Re: A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) by folks4luv(f): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
amofum:

OP if ur broda was in the hostel when the teachers were locked out, doesn't that make him an accomplice to the crimes (I.e. Playing football and locking teachers out). If he deserve to be beaten by a teacher for such, then why did you guys deposit him in the boarding house?
In model college kankon these would earn all of them some days of labour including the flogging. Point is your bro acted as an accomplice from the onset.
guess u didn't read d part where d op said it was different blocks and d teacher came in to another block through a window.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

300L OOU Student Found Dead Near A River, Body Found After 5 Days (Photos) / Covenant University, Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sex Scandal: Osi Osi, Graduate Speaks / Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.