Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi (26625 Views)

Kaduna Corpers & Ex Corpers Protesting Non-Payment Of Allowances (Photos) / Scholar Urges Corpers To Return Overpaid Allowances / NYSC Allowances In 26 States Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Aare2050(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Brig.-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, the outgoing Director-General of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), on Monday announced plans to increase allowances of corps members soon.

Olawumi said this in Abuja while handing over to the new director-general of the scheme, Brig.-Gen. Sule Kazaure.
He said the management of the scheme had drawn the attention of the Federal Government to the need to increase the allowances.
Olawumi said there was positive signal that the federal government would grant the request.

“We have brought to federal government’s attention the urgent need to increase some of the allowances due to corps members and recent response suggests a strong ray of light at the end of the tunnel.
“The major challenge I had as director-general of the scheme is the increasing corps population which was accompanied with dwindling financial resources.
“It is rather unfortunate that we could not execute some major programmes and activities due to paucity of funds.

“The scheme was not able to handle some of its programmes especially the sports and cultural festival in 2015.
“You may not be aware that series of letters that have been written and necessary follow up to the appropriate authorities on the need for proper funding of the scheme.

“This is especially important now that the current corps population has risen to 260,000 per year,” Olawunmi said.
Olawumi therefore advised his successor to make the welfare of corps members and staff his top priority to boost their morale for effective service delivery.
“On Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, I assumed duty as the 16th Chief Executive of the scheme during which I pledged to be transparent, fair and just to all toward the uplifting of the scheme.

“To actualise this, I wrote out my vision for the scheme which aimed to increase the impact of the NYSC scheme and expand its value to critical stakeholders.
“I could not have achieved much if I did not get the loyalty and support of the staff; whether I fulfilled in my duties or not I leave it for you staff to judge me.
“I urged you staff of the scheme to continue to support the new head of the scheme to enable him consolidate on the successes and achievements so far recorded.
“Your role in the sustenance of the scheme cannot be overemphasised as this has over the years contributed to the development and progress of the country,” Olawumi said.

Responding, Kazaure pledged to give corps and staff welfare priority, and called on them to support him to make the scheme achieve more success.
He said: “The task ahead is enormous and the road looks very rough but with sincerity of purpose we will make progress.’’
He, therefore, enjoined the staff to be more proactive to enable the NYSC achieve the desired success in line with the vision of the present administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/nysc-raise-corps-members-allowances-outgoing-d-g/

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by anuma1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2016
can this work?
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by goldenceo1: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
I don't believe this APC led government with this implementation..

OP abeg try rearrange wetin u copy n paste well. d tin scatter anyhow.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
Same news I posted hours ago
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by englishmart(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
they deserve at least 50k per month.

You can't finish serving and then start pounding akpu at iya basira buka

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
I dont have faith in any of this current administrations promise..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Afrok(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hehe... they better start the increment now before I finish my clearance wink

That "soon" might turn to THY KINGDOM COME cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by superemmy(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
NYsC breaking hearts since 1914

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Sunnycliff(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
Was the increment captured in this controversial budget of 2016? If no, then how will it be funded as soon as Olawunmis statement sounds?

Is this another statement to be debunked soon by the APC government while blaming GEJ for their retraction of campaign promises?

#anywaytimewilltell

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Musharraf: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Good news
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by VocalWalls: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Same old story...

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by elbinmanny(m): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
grin
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by SageTravels: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Story

Pls When will batch B 2016 be mobilised

3 Likes

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by engrjacuzzi: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
which kind news be this nah
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
it will b a worthwhile achievement for this administration #lstandwithBuhari
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by obi4eze(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
Good
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by iamgiggssleaky(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
tell us the story and forget about the truth. it doesn't really matter any more.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by fasho01(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Odunharry(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
Make Govt increase their money for them jare, 19800 no de do anything for them..

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by jasysandra(f): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
I really hope this becomes a reality.These corps members deserve to be paid well.

God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by habsydiamond(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
If dem fit increase am enter 100k I fit break record for nigeria by becoming the only graduate to serve twice. And I go enter guiness book.
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Sweetyie(f): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Please they should ooo
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by salaboiz(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Too late, lemme continue playing my ps 4, since nigeria don turn to something else
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by ogawisdom(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
tongue
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Snail pace approach
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by dandollar1: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
No mind them, they wan do wetin GEJ do as regards boko haram just before the elections, so that we go vote for them in 2019.
Why wait till 2018? Make we no free o.
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Elijah107(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
funny :Dfunny
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by fOFT: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Aare2050:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/nysc-raise-corps-members-allowances-outgoing-d-g/

Is NYSC a complete waste of time?
This is an argument that I don't get to see a valid points always.
Guys contribute.
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Ezedon(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
we are still in Nigeria
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by Taeewo(m): 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
Too late

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by priscaoge(f): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
When I don pass out finish angry angry
Re: NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi by RatedStar: 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
same old story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Relevant Is National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) In This Dispensation? / Bandits Kill Obaje Saidu, Corps Member On His Way To Katsina For Clearance / Marry Abia Indigene, Get 200k, Marry Fellow Corps Member, Get 100k - Hon. Chukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.