Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells (3599 Views)

My Husband Smells My Underwear Everytime I Return Home – Woman Tells Court / "My Wife Is Very Dirty, Everywhere In The House Smells" – Man Tells Court / "My Husband Smells My Panties Anytime I Come Back From A Journey" — Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by MzPynQ: 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
Vaginal odor is a health issue affecting many women. It’s both unpleasant and embarrassing, and it can seriously undermine a woman’s self-esteem. It normally results from a vaginal yeast infection, although oftentimes the cause may be something else.

Needless to mention, keeping your vagina healthy is vital for your overall health, healthy births and healthy marriages. Also, everyone who’s been through this will know that vaginal odor can seriously affect your sex life, not to mention your relationship with your partner.

Although moderate vaginal odor is normal and nothing to be worried about, a strong vaginal smell, such as a fishy vaginal odor, could point to a more serious problem and requires medical attention.

Strong vaginal odor is commonly linked to other vaginal symptoms, such as itching, burning or irritation. Vaginal discharge also accompanies vaginal odor most of the time.

Natural medicine offers a lot in relation to treatment of this health issue. Read on and find out the most effective ways to eliminate vaginal odor naturally.
Top 10 Ways on How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor

Vaginal odor is most prominent immediately after sex. It also varies throughout the menstrual cycle and can be intensified by normal sweating. And while most women resort to douching or using vaginal deodorants, this is far from recommended because this products are laden with chemicals and can only increase irritation and other vaginal symptoms.

The following natural remedies can be extremely beneficial for treatment of vaginal odor.

1. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

Apple cider vinegar has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can effectively remove vaginal odor. You can use this common kitchen ingredient in two ways – you can either take a bath with it and eliminate the toxins and bacteria that cause vaginal odor while restoring the acidic environment of the vaginal flora, or you can drink a glass of water mixed with one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar on a regular daily basis.

2. BAKING SODA

Baking soda is the most beneficial natural remedy for restoring the pH balance in your body. When your internal pH level is in balance, your vaginal odor will decrease.

Simply add half a cup of baking soda to your bathwater and soak for about 15–20 minutes. Dry your body thoroughly before getting dressed as you don’t want any moisture to sit in any folds or the groin area of your body.

3. PROBIOTICS

Probiotics are amazing not just because they can keep your stomach healthy, but they can also do wonders for vaginal odor. You’ve plenty of options here including miso, kimchi, sauerkraut, yogurt and kefir. Probiotic yogurt, for example, is rich in lactobacillus bacteria, which is extremely effective in fighting candida infection, a common cause of vaginal odor. It also restores vaginal pH balance, thus eliminating vaginal odor.

4. WHITE VINEGAR AND SEA SALT

White vinegar is highly efficient in breaking down odor proteins, thus neutralizing vaginal odor. A white vinegar bath may not only help eliminate vaginal odor, but also restore vaginal pH balance.

Simply add a half cup of white vinegar and a half cup of sea salt in lukewarm bath water several times a week and see the difference.

5. TEA TREE OIL

Tea tree oil has powerful antifungal and antiseptic properties, which are highly beneficial for fighting bacteria that may contribute to vaginal odor and discomfort.

What you do is add a few drops combined with water and witch hazel on a cotton pad and then apply it to the affected area on a regular daily basis. Tea tree oil can cause some initial sensitivity to the groin area, so it’s important to dilute it with water and witch hazel.

6. FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES

Fresh, organic, whole fruits and vegetables are essential for proper body function and this includes your vaginal health too. For one thing, vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, guava, strawberries, kiwi, and green and red peppers, is an immune system booster.

Leafy greens support circulation and prevent vaginal dryness. Eat plenty of spinach, kale, cabbage, salad, Swiss chard, collards and other leafy greens by including them in your salads and smoothies. The avocado stimulates vaginal health and the libido because it contains vitamin B6 and potassium, which support healthy vaginal walls, and reduce the risks of infection and bacterial proliferation.

7. NUTS AND SEEDS

Nuts, when consumed daily, also prevent vaginal dryness because they contain vitamin E. The most beneficial are sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts. Moreover, almonds and pumpkin seeds are also rich in zinc, which helps regulate the menstrual cycle, reduce itching and other symptoms of dryness that can cause bacterial growth and odor. Ground flaxseed is a super food abundant in phytoestrogens and omega-3 fatty acids, which increase estrogen levels and eliminate vaginal dryness.

8. WATER

Water is vital for your overall health including your vaginal health because the mucous vaginal membranes depend on water to function properly so it’s important they stay well-hydrated. Water is the best natural moisturizer, which also helps reduce vaginal odor. Drink it in abundance.

9. NEEM BARK EXTRACT

Neem bark has amazing antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties that not only support a healthy gut flora, but also fight fungal infections including candida. Research has also proved that when taken in tablet form, neem bark extract can effectively treat infections, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia and herpes. This extract stimulates increased antibody production and promotes the immune response of white blood cells, thus killing any bacterial invaders.

SIMPLE WAYS TO HELP YOUR VAGINA SMELL GOOD

1. WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING AND COTTON UNDERWEAR

Tight-fitting clothes can restrict airflow, and thus cause moisture to buildup. On the other hand, loose clothing and cotton underwear increase airflow to your groin and prevent moisture in this area. It’s also important to change your underwear every 12 hours as it’ll prevent additional bacteria growth.

2. CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES AFTER EXERCISING

Sweating can also contribute to a vaginal odor, so changing your sweaty clothes after a workout is highly recommended. For even better effects, wash your groin, then dry the area, before putting on fresh clothes.

3. LOSE WEIGHT IF NECESSARY

You may not see a direct link, but extra weight can cause extra sweating, including in the vaginal area. This extra moisture creates favorable conditions for bacteria to grow, thus causing vaginal odor. Sweating can be effectively controlled by choosing a healthy lifestyle of clean eating and regular exercise.

4. AVOID THE DOUCHE!

Douching removes healthy bacteria in the vagina needed to prevent infection. Also, commercial douche products are laden with chemicals that can further aggravate the issue.

5. DON’T FALL FOR THE FEMININE SPRAYS

Feminine sprays are also full of chemicals that cause irritation and even an allergic reaction because our bodies aren’t able to break down the chemicals that come through the skin. When absorbed through the skin, these chemicals travel into the bloodstream. As the vagina is made to cleanse itself naturally, interfering with the process can do more harm than good.

6. AVOID CERTAIN FOODS

A number of foods affect the pH balance of the body increasing inflammation and bacterial growth. For instance, sugary foods are especially beneficial for candida proliferation because yeast thrives in a sugary environment. To prevent vaginal odors and infections avoid sugar, alcohol, and wheat products. You should also stay away from processed and sugar-rich foods. On the other hand, you should eat lots of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.

source:tipsforhealthyfood.com

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by snakebeat: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
this op and vagina sef...

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by 1trillionlikes: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Avoid many dicks

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by MzPynQ: 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
snakebeat:
this op and vagina sef...

You don't like the topic?

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Brimstone1: 6:43am On Apr 20, 2016
Your threads are always about vaginal odour

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Moana(f): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
I do not think its wise for any woman to use anything else apart from water to cleanse herself. If you get an odour its best you consult a doctor and get the right medication. Eating healthy also helps in balancing hormones too

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by pinkiberry(m): 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
and some people will come here now screaming Linda Ikeji.
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 21, 2016
ask am ooo, vagina this vagina that. maybe she has vagina odour lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Brimstone1:

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Ewuro4: 4:45am On Apr 21, 2016
what's wrong with a douche Summers eve is the best so far.
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by ardel(f): 5:54am On Apr 21, 2016
pinkiberry:
and some people will come here now screaming Linda Ikeji.
You are the "some people " cos you just screamed her name. Why cant you allow matter rest?Its just childish.I guess your vagina smells like vanilla flavour. ...
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by MzPynQ: 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
aflyingbird:
ask am ooo, vagina this vagina that. maybe she has vagina odour lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I can see you lack manners. You're a lady, learn how to address people it will do you a whole lot of good.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by MzPynQ: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Brimstone1:

You really don't have to click on them, you know?

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by praxs(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2016
MzPynQ:

I can see you lack manners. You're a lady, learn how to address people it will do you a whole lot of good.
grin mzvagina
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by waikiki(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
But I've been with some ladies that never smell bad down there even if they wear 3 layers of leather pants for a whole year, as long as they get that bath in the morning and night. They are igbo girls tho
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
quit littering ur dumb threads all over family

MzPynQ:

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by mightyhaze: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2016
waikiki:
But I've been with some ladies that never smell bad down there even if they wear 3 layers of leather pants for a whole year, as long as they get that bath in the morning and night. They are igbo girls tho
the igbo diet is like 40 to 50 percent vegetables,roots,spices and other herbs. Excellent for general wellbeing of thebody,...dats y u see the average igbo peep well built with good breath, strong clear eyes,shiny hairs n beards,strong shoulders and gait,good skin tone,evn if s/he doesn't use creams...and ofcourse,hardly smell down there.

But take it easy on sampling different punanies ,...not v healthy for body and soul,... And evn ur pocket!

4 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by mightyhaze: 8:10am On Apr 24, 2016
MzPynQ:

don't mind the small girl wit scant manners. She probly as comftable wit dis thread as an oldwoman listenin 2 tales abt dry bones.

Only she shdt be,since this thread is all abt helpin out ppl in her condition,..

5 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Analysiscorner: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2016
aflyingbird:

Please dear, you can bypass her 'dumb' thread and go for the active and dynamic ones.
Op. Please keep posting what you like best.

If your vagina no dey smell, someone else's vagina might be smelling; such need this writeup.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by mightyhaze: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2016
aflyingbird:

smh!

U really a lady?

5 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by MzPynQ: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
mightyhaze:
smh!

U really a lady?

I doubt.
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by MzPynQ: 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Analysiscorner:

Please dear, you can bypass her 'dumb' thread and go for the active and dynamic ones.
Op. Please keep posting what you like best.

If your vagina no dey smell, someone else's vagina might be smelling; such need this writeup.

Thanks dear.
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
eeew this MzSmellyPuzzy's thread again
Re: Ways To Make Sure Your Vagina Never Smells by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice post OP.

But I heard that the best cleansing medium for the vagina is just water.

using anything else might upset the Ph balance down there killing off vital bacteria which are meant to be present and involved in cleansing of the area.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Divorce In And Marriage In Yorubaland / Frustrated / Am I Wrong For Asking My Husband To Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.