Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Our Daily Bread Tuesday April 19 2016 <*> The God Who Paints<*> - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Bread Tuesday April 19 2016 <*> The God Who Paints<*> (516 Views)

Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis / Our Daily Bread Tuesday April 5 2016 <*> Don't Walk Away <*> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Bread Tuesday April 19 2016 <*> The God Who Paints<*> by HIbreed(m): 5:20am On Apr 19, 2016
The God Who Paints

By Keila Ochoa
Psalm 42
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:2

Nezahualcoyotl (1402–1472) may have had a difficult name to pronounce, but his name is full of significance. It means “Hungry Coyote,” and this man’s writings show a spiritual hunger. As a poet and ruler in Mexico before the arrival of the Europeans, he wrote, “Truly the gods, which I worship, are idols of stone that do not speak nor feel. . . . Some very powerful, hidden and unknown god is the creator of the entire universe. He is the only one that can console me in my affliction and help me in such anguish as my heart feels; I want him to be my helper and protection.”

We cannot know if Nezahualcoyotl found the Giver of life. But during his reign he built a pyramid to the “God who paints things with beauty,” and he banned human sacrifices in his city.

The writers of Psalm 42 cried out, “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God” (v. 2). Every human being desires the true God, just as “the deer pants for streams of water” (v. 1).

Today there are many Hungry Coyotes who know that the idols of fame, money, and relationships can’t fill the void in their souls. The Living God has revealed Himself through Jesus, the only One who gives us meaning and fulfillment. This is good news for those who are hungry for the God who paints things with beauty.
Lord, You are the One my soul needs. Only You can bring meaning and fulfillment to my life. You are the One my heart cries out for. I put my hope in You.
Beneath all of our longings is a deep desire for God.
Psalm 42 is one of eleven psalms attributed to the sons of Korah—a Levitical family who were responsible for temple worship. Four of the eleven, including Psalm 42, fall into the category of lament. A lament psalm is one that appeals to God for aid in the face of overwhelming circumstances. In this psalm, the sons of Korah lead the people of Israel to publicly and communally declare their desperate need for God’s provision and rescue. Dennis Moles

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Brainwashed / Omg See What This Little Boy Was Doing In Coza Church In Ilorin(pic) / The Fruit Of The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil; Was It Really An Apple?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.