Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,531 members, 7,854,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! (556 Views)

Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects / Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! by larimo(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2009
Can someone please tell me what the cost estimate is to construct a twin duplex of 4 bedroom each + 1BQ each in ajah area on a single plot, lagos with good finishing?

I will also like to meet some QSurveyors and builders? Kindly send me an email on moyakhil@yahoo.com. I intend to start this project as soon as possible.

I appreciate all your responses!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless.
Re: Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! by larimo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
I have a BOQ of about 15M. Do you think this is realistic? Please help!
Re: Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2009
Sent you a mail
Re: Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! by mikedeoye(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2009
@design5,
Can you please propose a good design and cost estimate for a house (Bungalow and Duplex) with good finishing on a stardarad plot of land around Makogi area of Magboro (behind MFM).

The major intended features are:
1) Four bed room with toiltes and bath room for the Master room and other 3 rooms ensuite.

2)One extra toilet for visitors

3) Master Living room with dining area

4)Mini kids' living area

5) Relative large kitchen area with a store located in any part of the building but not far from the kitchen.

6) Any other good feature as may be necessary in a modern day builing.

Pls note that i prefer to have a very simple and modest design but with those basic features.

Pls send design to me on mikedeoye@gmail.com

Many thanks for efforts.
Re: Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! by Mowire: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
larimo:

I have a BOQ of about 15M. Do you think this is realistic? Please help!

It is, depending, of course, the design options/components/finish, topography & geology of your site among other professional considerations.

If the BoQ is by a competent qualified QS then you should consider it realistic. There is, however, always a plus or minus difference in final completion cost against the BoQ value. The BoQ, I believe you know, is actually an estimate.
Re: Quantity Surveyors! Builders! Assistance Needed! by Tosola: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
Costing a building or assuming cost for a building in my own view might not be correct because a lot of factors come to play. A lot of things have to be taken into consideration which can only be achieved when the right steps are taken. Before one can cost a building, the designs must have been in place in which the condition of the land in terms of torpography, nature of the land must have been known. the condition of the land determines sometime the safety factor which must be considered especially in the structural design and this affects the cost. For anybody intending to develop a building, the first thing to be done after buying the land and perfecting the title is to get a consultant to come up with the drawings and after this is done he/she passes the drawings (architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical drawings) to the quantity surveyor to come up with the cost. with these, you can be rest assured that you have a detailed cost in which you are sure of can only change if there are changes in the design. For anyone that is interested in developing a house and values proffessionalism you can reach out to us at Brand & Specs Limited at 79, Ogunlana drive, surulere, lagos. For telephone, 07025693803 or send a mail to brand.specs@ yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

Fertilizer ( Npk / Urea ) For Sale / 4bedroom @ Vgc N80m 08035430603 / Landed Properties For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.