Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity (1124 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Melaye: No One Not Even Buhari Or Saraki Should Have Immunity / Updated: Edo State Speaker And Deputy Speaker Impeached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by godwinkessi: 6:59am On Apr 19, 2016
Why is Saraki not thinking loud? He's the number 3 citizen of the country, he should have immunity since governors can. I'm not saying corruption is good, I'm only saying it's too bad for such case to pop up now because he's the senate president and their should be limits to things he can take! Instead of them amending the CCB acts in the constitution, they should all vote for immunity on the Senate President and the Deputy, such position is not something that should be given through a godfather, I love it Saraki is there instead of one political godson of anybody! God bless Nigeria, God bless All the anti corruption agencies in Nigeria!
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by VoteDemiladgold: 7:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Hold it!

Nobody is above the law, not even the President of the federal republic of nigeria. Politicians can't continue to hide under the immunity clause and use that as leverage to embezzle state funds

6 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by johnwizey: 7:03am On Apr 19, 2016
Oga you are not making sense at all

4 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by PassingShot(m): 7:06am On Apr 19, 2016
Too late!

There has never been immunity for Senate Presidents and their deputies. And no amount of scheming and manipulation by Saraki can save him as whatever amendment he does to the CCB Act and the constitution now cannot have retroactive effect on the ongoing trial.

Saraki is in deep poo!

5 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Galacious1: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Op, were you paid too

1 Like

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Immunity ko Confraternity ni. Can't believe he's still serving sef. Na wa oh OP...you brave well well. You geh mind!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by braine(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2016
OP, you have a point. But thats not the way to go.
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2016
Immunity from what.

1 Like

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Achuwa1(m): 7:16am On Apr 19, 2016
danladi umar has corruption petitions hanging on his neck & the senate has summoned him to appear on thursday,but if he fails to appear b4 the senate,then the IGP will be given directive by the senate to prepare a warrant of arrest for him first thing friday morning.
he cannot be playing the script of apc in a very sensitive case like dis & expect the senate to keep quiet,,,i guess saraki will be waiting for him in the red chambers on thursday.
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by modath(f): 7:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Mischievous OP,

Lawmakers already enjoy immunity from prosecution for opinions expressed or laws passed in the course of their duties, what else do you need ?? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by bigass(f): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2016
There is no where in the world where legislative arm of government have immunity. They are representative of the people. Senate president is just the class captain of senators. They do not have executive powers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 19, 2016
go and give him the immunity.

I know you are in love with corruption otherwise you won't make such a lame statement.

in saner climes he would have resigned.
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by prince088: 7:24am On Apr 19, 2016
Achuwa1:
danladi umar has corruption petitions hanging on his neck & the senate has summoned him to appear on thursday,but if he fails to appear b4 the senate,then the IGP will be given directive by the senate to prepare a warrant of arrest for him first thing friday morning.
he cannot be playing the script of apc in a very sensitive case like dis & expect the senate to keep quiet,,,i guess saraki will be waiting for him in the red chambers on thursday.

Sir, WAKE UP!
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2016
modath:

Mischievous OP,

Lawmakers already enjoy immunity from prosecution for opinions expressed or laws passed in the course of their duties, what else do you need ?? smiley

The Op probably meant immunity from prosecution for embezzling state funds.
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by amaechi1: 7:27am On Apr 19, 2016
A corrupt mind speaking!

2 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 19, 2016
godwinkessi:
Why is Saraki not thinking loud? He's the number 3 citizen of the country, he should have immunity since governors can. I'm not saying corruption is good, I'm only saying it's too bad for such case to pop up now because he's the senate president and their should be limits to things he can take! Instead of them amending the CCB acts in the constitution, they should all vote for immunity on the Senate President and the Deputy, such position is not something that should be given through a godfather, I love it Saraki is there instead of one political godson of anybody! God bless Nigeria, God bless All the anti corruption agencies in Nigeria!
we want criminal immunity to be removed for all government officials and you are talking about another immunity for SP and DSP. Its DOA

1 Like

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by fulanimafia: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2016
godwinkessi:
I love it Saraki is there instead of one political godson of anybody! God bless Nigeria, God bless All the anti corruption agencies in Nigeria!

My jaw dropped at the blatant contradiction, dishonesty and deceitfulness of the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by AfroKnight: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2016
The senate president is only the first among equals. Senators cannot enjoy immunity.
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by BB013(m): 7:51am On Apr 19, 2016
Mynd44 thank u for banning me u hear..
All ur persistence banning will only result to one thing..

Immunity ko immunization ni
Cos sarathief is facing trial senate president nd deputy should ve immunity
If he better than those that were impeached in the past?
Since he can't give himself immunity ybnot provide one for him
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by phemmie06(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2016
godwinkessi:
That is good for elaborate corruption. The seat of the Senate president is not having immunity yet it has become a do or die affair cos of the goodies attached to it, now you want immunity for that officeBad thinking, bad product
Re: Senate President And Deputy Should Have Immunity by Jorussia(m): 8:38am On Apr 19, 2016
There is no democracy in the world where you have immunity for legislative arm of government. The senate President was not elected by Nigerians, hence he can't enjoy any form immunity. the senate presidency is not term bound i.e you can be elected today and removed the next day.

(1) (Reply)

The Youths Are One Of The Major Problem Facing Nigeria / Bodies Of Soldiers Killed In Ambush By Boko Haram. / Why Goodluck Jonathan Is Better Than Buhari When It Comes To Governing Nigeria -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.