Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Spectranet Scam - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Spectranet Scam (3951 Views)

SOLD!! Brand New Spectranet Evo Mifi With 40gb For Sale / Spectranet Modem For Sale 11k —— SOLD / Unlock All Huawei Router & Mifi locked to"Spectranet","Swift","Smile E5180 CUBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet Scam by Enyimbamercedes: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2016
When spectranet introduced the 'free' 1am to 7am unlimited browsing i was ecstatic considering i was forced to move from my 9,500 naira 55GB evening and weeked plan to a measly 20 GB 24-7 plan for 10,000. I decided to leave my movie downloads for this free browsing period. However, i noticed that between those hours, torrent speed was greatly reduced and immediately after the 'free' browsing period, the speed shoots up. They are deceptive and should mention it that between these hours, the speed is throttled.
From the photos...from 3am when i started the download till 7 am, the download speed never exceeded 110 KB/s. At 7:01 it goes right up the 400 + KB/S and goes higher.

Re: Spectranet Scam by DesChyko: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2016
My sincere condolence if this is a weekly plan.

But if it's a monthly plan, then you have little to complain about. The speed may not be much but in reality, should you fully utilize this opportunity, you are getting an extra 10gig monthly. Also, the surface cost of this should have been a little over #11,000, which should rise even more once you consider it's a 24/7 plan, but you're paying a paltry #10,000. So, this isn't a scam. Say rather, that it doesn't suit your plans.
Re: Spectranet Scam by civilserva: 9:10am On Apr 19, 2016
DesChyko:
My sincere condolence if this is a weekly plan.

But if it's a monthly plan, then you have little to complain about. The speed may not be much but in reality, should you fully utilize this opportunity, you are getting an extra 10gig monthly. Also, the surface cost of this should have been a little over #11,000, which should rise even more once you consider it's a 24/7 plan, but you're paying a paltry #10,000. So, this isn't a scam. Say rather, that it doesn't suit your plans.

You didn't make sense at all.

11 Likes

Re: Spectranet Scam by DesChyko: 9:16am On Apr 19, 2016
civilserva:

You didn't make sense at all.
What course did you study in the University?
Re: Spectranet Scam by Proffdada: 10:11pm On Apr 20, 2016
DesChyko:

What course did you study in the University?

I guess you didn't read his complaint very well before responding. The guy subscribed to a monthly plan of 24-7 10gb which costs N10, 000 with unlimited night browsing (3-7am) but the bandwidth is always reduced to trickling rate at those hours. It's high time we asked, what course did YOU study?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Scam by DesChyko: 12:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Proffdada:

I guess you didn't read his complaint very well before responding. The guy subscribed to a monthly plan of 24-7 10gb which costs N10, 000 with unlimited night browsing (3-7am) but the bandwidth is always reduced to trickling rate at those hours. It's high time we asked, what course did YOU study?

Be calm. I read everything. But you obviously didn't. The free browsing time was 1am - 7am. That was your first error . Your second error was that it was a 10GB plan while the OP stated 20GB. You can point mine out

1. Free Browsing at an average speed of 100kbps for 6 hours by 30 days gives you how much data free?

2. Are you aware that 24/7 data plans cost higher than evening/weekend plans in comparison to the data size assigned?

I studied Pure Mathematics. And 'you' are asking, not 'we'. As rational and thorough as one can be in most decision-making cases.
Re: Spectranet Scam by Proffdada: 7:01am On Apr 21, 2016
DesChyko:

Be calm. I read everything. But you obviously didn't. The free browsing time was 1am - 7am. That was your first error . Your second error was that it was a 10GB plan while the OP stated 20GB. You can point mine out

1. Free Browsing at an average speed of 100kbps for 6 hours by 30 days gives you how much data free?

2. Are you aware that 24/7 data plans cost higher than evening/weekend plans in comparison to the data size assigned?

I studied Pure Mathematics. And 'you' are asking, not 'we'. As rational and thorough as one can be in most decision-making cases.
still you haven't seen the problem or deliberately avoided it
He complained about reduction in speed during the "free" hours which is actually a scam .
As a mathematician, I expected you to notice this first because relatively what he was paying for 9,500 (55gb) is fairly better
You can't get up to 30gb at that speed in a month
100kb/s x 3600 = 360mb/hr= 2.16gb/night
Tell me how many nights you will be chanced to download with NEPA and fuel scarcity?
Re: Spectranet Scam by cyif2003(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2016
my own observation is dat during d free night browsing I am still charged from the normal 20gb.... beside is d 10k plan is for 20gb or 10gb with 20gb night browsing kus a confused

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Scam by Proffdada: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
cyif2003:
my own observation is dat during d free night browsing I am still charged from the normal 20gb.... beside is d 10k plan is for 20gb or 10gb with 20gb night browsing kus a confused

Re: Spectranet Scam by Wryly: 5:44am On Dec 07, 2016
nawa 4 u. you too no try, you want to use torrent to send Spectranet packing abi??

If you don't know, the heavier the download the lower the kb per sec will get, it's automatic to keep browsing and downloading moderate.
Re: Spectranet Scam by lordweezy(m): 2:03am On Dec 13, 2016
i never knew spectranet was a scam, i will switch, and i pray people notice this and switch to the right network, don't forget now that the mobile network providers are now providing 4G, and i pray all switch from you to better service providers till you learnt what it means to hide words and make big empty promises.promising unlimited speed @4mbps per sec which i expect that at night it may rise or remain there, only for you to turn around and change it to max 10mbps per locality and you know that after we all connect it late at night, it wont remain the same, tweaking around data to cheat the masses. ncc will look into this if its not properly cleared to the public.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Scam by Proffdada: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2020
It's funny how time flies and look back on this to find that spectranet is the best now. Except you can't download torrents at regular speeds during free unlimited data time
Re: Spectranet Scam by AccentedProdigy: 4:52am On Dec 28, 2020
My advice is to look into other options for downloading torrents.

There's a telegram group that helps you store your files in a google drive, then, you download from the drive.

There's also the Seedr option.

I don't think they can throttle either of those. Especially Google.
Re: Spectranet Scam by RubiesBanking: 6:07am On Dec 28, 2020
Proffdada:
It's funny how time flies and look back on this to find that spectranet is the best now. Except you can't download torrents at regular speeds during free unlimited data time

Downloading torrents with your ISP is mostly illegal just that we are in a country that doesn't care. Using VPN will boost up the speed in most cases.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Scam by Demmtek(m): 6:49am On Dec 28, 2020
Still rocking my swift weekend plan grin grin no throttling blazing like flash
Weekly unlimited is just 6500.
Re: Spectranet Scam by spoilerx: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2020
Demmtek:
Still rocking my swift weekend plan grin grin no throttling blazing like flash
Weekly unlimited is just 6500.

You are obviously not downloading enough , when u reach a certain limit them go throttle your speed.

Unlimited plans without throttling can never be that cheap
Re: Spectranet Scam by Demmtek(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
spoilerx:

You are obviously not downloading enough , when u reach a certain limit them go throttle your speed.

Unlimited plans without throttling can never be that cheap
i use.minimuim of 50gb daily my weekly cap is over 600gb
Re: Spectranet Scam by spoilerx: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
Demmtek:
i use.minimuim of 50gb daily my weekly cap is over 600gb

na lie !!!!

(1) (Reply)

Liberty Star T1 Decoder 3G Antenna In Stock Call 0806-77-18031 / sold / USA Used Samsung S6 Edge Plus Screen For Sale. 38k Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.