Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? (1640 Views)

Tokunbo 2005 Ford E-350 Bus...price: N1,600,000 / Ford E 150 Bus Toks 1.2m Call 08023408690 / 2001 Ford E-350 Super Duty Xlt Bus (+pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? by Mowire: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
How many miles/kilometres can the engines (Triton V10, V8) on the Ford E-series vans go before becoming "dead"?

Expert advice please, users experience will be greatly appreciated too.

It will be an economic disaster to have a fuel gobbing van that does not serve out its "cost". I've been considering a 1997-98 offer.
Re: How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? by KunleA2(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2009
Are u in Naija? Its just happened that i was looking at a Ford Van earlier today (V10, triton) The Van had about 268,000 on the odometer. I dont really know any history on the car at all so i couldn't tell if engine is original or rebuild undecided

However, i picked up a 1988 F250 Pickup truck about a month ago. The truck is solid. Has about 66,000 original miles on it. I am the 2nd owner. The truck has only been owned by the same car since new. Its my first Ford truck and just going by whatever the luck brings. I must tell you though that it uses a lot of petrol. Roughly about 5km/liter. I got it primarily for towing things.

I will assume that the Van will be worse in petrol consumption. Mine is a V8, 5.0Litre F250. The Vans i believe are E350 shocked. One guy said he had about 300,000 miles on his truck already. Will keep u posted when i know more on the trucks.

Will u be using this in Naija? Think about it very well before u do. Good luck.
Re: How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? by Mowire: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Kunle-A, thanks.

I'm in naija. The vans are already in use here, and are beginning to gain ground. The 2000s editions would not have been any trouble to use but it's just that they are scarce and usually high priced (understandably, may be). But I'm considering here 96-98 models.

From what I've found out 66,000miles is "safe use" for the engines. Think the alarm is from 100k miles.

Still looking to more views. Oga Sultaan are you anywhere around?
Re: How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? by sultaan(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2009
I know nothing about those vans, just got one for movement around during my visit for a wedding.
Everyone gets a car to sell ,I thought this will be faster, just got the third row sit installed, going to ship within a week
Re: How Durable Is The Ford E-series (expected Life Of The Engines)? by Mowire: 11:45am On Aug 06, 2009
@sultaan, is it the same one you posted a couple of months back?

Anyway sorry to have bothered you, thought you know.

I'm looking to words, experts' or users'.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Sharp & Very Clean Tokunbo '07/'08 Toyota Camry Xle - N2.98m / 2004 Toyota Corolla Ce Model **keyless Entry** 1.6M Naira - SOOLLLDDDD / Very Clean Newly Registered 2008 Pathfinder For N3.5m!!!SOLD!!!SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.