Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production (790 Views)

Osun Partners Chinese Firm To Establish N216b Industrial Parks / Kaduna, Chinese Firm Sign Pact For New Kaduna Refinery / Oyo State Partners With Chinese Investors Over Polaris-pacesetter Free Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by FanYogo1(f): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Thank goodness for oil shortage, now our governors are thinking straight.

[size=18pt]Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production[/size]

The southwest Nigeria's state of Osun on Thursday said it has partner a Chinese firm to transform the state into hub of cocoa production.

State governor Rauf Aregbesola made the remarks in Ede town during a facility tour of the resuscitated Cocoa Production Industry in partnership with Chinese Company, Golden Monkey of China.

He said the state would soon become the hub of cocoa production in Nigeria with the revival of the moribund Osun Cocoa Production Industry.

The partnership between Osun Government and the Chinese Company to revive the cocoa production after 15 years is based on 70 and 30 percent equity respectively.

Aregbesola said the present production capacity of 20,000 metric tonnes per day was a good development when compared to its 5,000 metric tonnes capacity per day in 2001, after which it was abandoned.

The governor said the cocoa industry would go a long way to support the state's agricultural plan to develop cocoa farming in the state.

He commended the partnering company for its commitment to the contractual agreement by hitting the ground running.

Earlier in her remarks, Song Lin, the Assistant General Manager of Skyrun Cocoa Production Industry, said the management had increased the production capacity of the industry four times.

She said the company was presently producing cocoa liquid and soon, the organization would be producing cocoa powder and cake.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2016-04/15/content_38254449.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by FanYogo1(f): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
lalalasticala
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by seunny4lif(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmm
Una sure sad grin
Becos na Newspapers we dey see economy growth
If na lie ask Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by juniorportland(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
aregbe!!
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Johnnyessence(m): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
FanYogo1:
Thank goodness for oil shortage, now our governors are thinking straight.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2016-04/15/content_38254449.htm
that's a good development i will always say it here aregbesola rocks everywhere aregbe av build confidence in people's lives.
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by demolinka(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
Back to basics. This fall in oil price will force States to use their resources. Nigeria is too blessed to be a mono-economy.
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Amberon11: 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
I had plans to start this on my dad's vast areas of land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Johnnyessence(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
we should go back to agriculture in this country unemployment rate is at high rate chaii 750k + applying for 10k fg police job. so saddened to hear about this development.
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Johnnyessence(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
Amberon11:
I had plans to start this on my dad's vast areas of land.
good please start on time soon cocoa sellers will be smiling to their various banks.start early and face the risk that involve

1 Like

Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Johnnyessence(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
agriculture is the way forward in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by FanYogo1(f): 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
seunny4lif:
Hmmmm
Una sure sad grin
Becos na Newspapers we dey see economy growth
If na lie ask Nigerians grin

Nothing will happen until people like you and I start supporting. We can't expect the government to own farms, but people like you and I can take advantage of this good news.
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by bigval(m): 8:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
that's good, but I don't celebrate ceremonies anymore but results, on a .more serious note with all the good power supply in Osun state, why isn't it a manufacturing hub?
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by tobtap: 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by seunny4lif(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
grin grin
Ok Oh baba grin
Start I go join you later
FanYogo1:

Nothing will happen until people like you and I start supporting. We can't expect the government to own farms, but people like you and I can take advantage of this good news.
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by FanYogo1(f): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin
Ok Oh baba grin
Start I go join you later

Sure thing. Buying land and farming on it is nothing demeaning. Agriculture is the new oil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by seunny4lif(m): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
grin
No problem grin
Our oil don finish grin
FanYogo1:

Sure thing. Buying land and farming on it is nothing demeaning. Agriculture is the new oil.
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Amberon11: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
Thanks, I will definitely do so. My brother already told my dad about our plan but he's yet to give us the go ahead. That's about 33 plots by the way.
Johnnyessence:
good please start on time soon cocoa sellers will be smiling to their various banks.start early and face the risk that involve
Re: Nigerian State Partners Chinese Firm On Cocoa Production by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
Aregbe want to sell Osun to the Chinese since Nigerians don't want to pay good price on OLX

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State Governor Doles Out N1,380,000 Financial Assistance To APC State Chair / Nigerians Voice Out On Twitter As #nigeriansaresuffering Trends On Twitter / Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.