Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging (6334 Views)

Web Programmers Needed For An Association Website / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / What Do You Think About Bloggers Forming An Association? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Tunnyking: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Wait fess... Is it not the same rice that is sold in Mr Biggs, Tantalizer and even in Mama Put.

So what's the point??
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by rhames(m): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Donkenzy47:
Sometimes I begin to imagine what the future have for blogging in Nigeria. Everyday hundreds of blogs are created in Nigeria without any plan. The same post i see on Cheezy's blog is the same post i will see on Lara's blog and several other blogs without even trying to change the topic, image or atleast reconstruct the post.
When thinking about it today, I just feel like an association should be setup up for bloggers and every blog both old and new should be registered.
The association will ensure that every blog in Nigeria meets up to standard before they can proceed with registration.
New blogs should be well examined and the blogger will have to pass through some serious examination.
Any blog that doesnt meet up to standard should be taking as a personal blog and must not be monetised but can accept donations anyway.

And any blog which deals in copy and paste should be warned and if it persists, the blogger can be sued for copyright infrigement.
Atleast with this, even if there are over a million entertainment blogs in Nigeria, they will all have totally different and interesting posts which will never get anyone bored.

This is just my thought and i will like to know your opinion on this..

What part of blogging do you want to control? Forget all this regulation and concentrate on other things. There are too many uneforced laws and regulations in the Constitution of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria and you want to repeat them by forming another association to control an industry which is more sophisticated and out of control. Sunny Ojeagbase tried it sometime ago and at the end of the day, people like linda ikeji became Icons on the blogosphere. Dont make blogging llok like 419 cos they are two different things.

What is the name oif your blog? How many times have you blog being viewed from outside the country? How much does it earn from organic traffic? How much does it earn from affiliate marketing?

Concentrate your strenght on sensitsing people on real blogging through webinars and seminars not on Nairaland.

Your association will fail on arrival because there are more sophisticated bloggers than you think in Nigeria.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by mr2kay(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
lawrenceunaa:
Op that's ur opinion. to me it is another form of social media bill. The organization will in the future tell what to and what not to blog undecided. I knw 9ja
asin ehn it would turn autocratic
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Wers(m): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
Caspian22:
Op is right in some way.. But it's just the entertainment and gossip blogs that write the same thing, those guys are hardly ever creative.

That's why I'm a proud health blogger, I have written over 50 unique posts.

Blogging should be a way for you to express your knowledge, opinions, creativity and interest to the world, not just making money.

You ve got a nice blog
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Caspian22(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
Wers:
You ve got a nice blog
Thank you.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Emeka71(m): 1:02am On Apr 22, 2016
DJBIGGY:
See it can't work.... I cannot count how many bloggers out there who have perfected hiding their identity and be making serious cash... The so called association will never have accurate number of bloggers operating in Nigeria. Patronage is left for potential audience cos if someone realizes he is a copycat of lib or nairaland or olamzy.com ... Omo Na to blacklist that site from your life.

Only thing one can do is to take legal action if anybody is caught defaming or libeling someone
So your blog is now rated alongside Seun's forum and Linda Ikeji's blog
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Enter10mentbaze: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
Nigeria blogging association (coming soon)

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by qtx(m): 2:08am On Aug 13, 2018
Donkenzy47:
Sometimes I begin to imagine what the future have for blogging in Nigeria. Everyday hundreds of blogs are created in Nigeria without any plan. The same post i see on Cheezy's blog is the same post i will see on Lara's blog and several other blogs without even trying to change the topic, image or atleast reconstruct the post.
When thinking about it today, I just feel like an association should be setup up for bloggers and every blog both old and new should be registered.
The association will ensure that every blog in Nigeria meets up to standard before they can proceed with registration.
New blogs should be well examined and the blogger will have to pass through some serious examination.
Any blog that doesnt meet up to standard should be taking as a personal blog and must not be monetised but can accept donations anyway.

And any blog which deals in copy and paste should be warned and if it persists, the blogger can be sued for copyright infrigement.
Atleast with this, even if there are over a million entertainment blogs in Nigeria, they will all have totally different and interesting posts which will never get anyone bored.

This is just my thought and i will like to know your opinion on this..

It is quite common with most lazy bloggers. when you say Nigeria should have, i hope you are not refering to Governemnt? because as for Government they have being looking for ways to gag bloggers especially news bloggers, so dont even go there.

What i think we need is the bloggers themselves commig together to have an association like you have rgithly suggested with strong policies to regulate the industry. Because whether you like it or not blogging has become a huge industry even though still in a scalatal form in Nigeria, but it is already even in Nigeria.

In all your suggestion is quite pretty i must say.
But am sure the association will give an excellent mark to this one http://talkinfotech.com grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Free 10,000 Facebook Likes From Seomarts.com / Who Has Used Textpattern CMS? / How To Get Traffic For A New Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.