Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas (995 Views)

Are Yoruba Governors Afraid Or What??? / Lagos Distributes 115 Jeeps To Obas / President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:30am On Apr 20, 2016
Mimiko said the proposed law for the establishment of grazing reserves in the country before the National Assembly rather than solving the current problem, would only aggravate it.

"For me, I see the proposed grazing reserves law aggravating the problem, though I've not read the law but I don't see how that law can find comfort with the people.

"Land Use Act is there , the control of land is vested in the governor of the state, I cannot see any federal law that will compulsorily acquire any land from any state government, in my state for example, it cannot work.
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 20, 2016
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:01am On Apr 20, 2016
^^^
I already wrote a response to your crap this morning, no need to waste time on you on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by ebiboy2(m): 4:13am On Apr 20, 2016
grin
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by FanYogo1(f): 4:15am On Apr 20, 2016
OPC

I fully support your take on this issue. Unless SW governors act together, Mimiko's plan won't yield result. I doubt all these APC governors that keeps following Buhari upandan will do anything. What a shame.
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by ebiboy2(m): 4:16am On Apr 20, 2016
[s][quote author=joborskill post=44861808][b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
[/s]
that's it. bull crap
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by FanYogo1(f): 4:17am On Apr 20, 2016
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]

The fact that you claim Yoruba when nobody asked you means you're not. You're one boko-Fulani jobless youth paid to filter the NL with jargon.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by micfoley: 4:24am On Apr 20, 2016
This grazing bill is like a keg of gunpowder
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by IamAtribalist: 4:56am On Apr 20, 2016
cool

Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by HopeAtHand: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2016
joborskill, a fulani man has no right to a grazing field in Rivers state. We haven't declared that we have excess land and therefore need to share some with fulani cows.

Amongst other things, Our lands are for cultivation of our crops by our farmers and for hunting by our hunters. The fulanis are not needed to change our dynamics, they should continue their agelong nomadic lifestyle or at best, site their grazing fields in the north where God destined them as their ancestral abode.

Its funny how "one Nigeria" is foisted when it suits the purposes of a particular section of the country. The grazing bill will be highly resisted by us and may lead to avoidable violence.

We all know the best way to live in peace in Nigeria is to operate within your own lane.
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by oduastates: 7:33am On Apr 20, 2016
BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool

No you ain't.
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by millhouse: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2016
joborskill:

it's a pity someone can think this way
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by DeadWrong: 7:50am On Apr 20, 2016
joborskill:

You have deep inferiority complex. You've have been shouting 'I'm a Yoruba man' since all over the place like a sex starved goat even when nobody cares. You're not a Yoruba. Even though we have some omo ale's in Yoruba land (mostly Muslims) sympathetic to the Fulani cause, you're not fit to be called one. You're a descendant of Cain and usman Dan fooldio. only a matter of time before you're crushed by a lorry. Fool!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by DeadWrong: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2016
FanYogo1:
OPC

I fully support your take on this issue. Unless SW governors act together, Mimiko's plan won't yield result. I doubt all these APC governors that keeps following Buhari upandan will do anything. What a shame.
A very big shame. The fact that some of us support Buhari doesn't mean we should lose our common sense and lose track of the Yoruba interest.
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by ASL33: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2016
Is the op not passingshot?
Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by Wyttcat: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
This is above political party, this is about the Yoruba people. Mimiko mus refrain from politicizing this if he really cares about his people. This isn't the time for politics, it's a dangerous time. Btw, what is Mimiko's plan? The only plan we should have is the one that will stop the bill that's lurking to be passed. Fulani should graze up north and transport their cows for sale straight to the abattoir in the SW.
FanYogo1:
OPC

Re: Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas by Wyttcat: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
Don't mind that one. If he has to keep shouting "I'm a Yoruba" all over the place, it's because he isn't one. No Yoruba would remotely give the glory of his/her tribe to another for even a minute. Teaming up for a task is good but with our eyes on being the winner. Omo eni ki se idi bebere, Ki a fi ileke si idi omo elomii!

DeadWrong:

You have deep inferiority complex. You've have been shouting 'I'm a Yoruba man' since all over the place like a sex starved goat even when nobody cares. You're not a Yoruba. Even though we have some omo ale's in Yoruba land (mostly Muslims) sympathetic to the Fulani cause, you're not fit to be called one. You're a descendant of Cain and usman Dan fooldio. only a matter of time before you're crushed by a lorry. Fool!

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Vs Boko Haram / Bayelsa Rep. Member's Wife, Mrs. Agbedi Accused Of Intimidation And Harrasment / Niger Delta Liberation Force Threatens To Set Ablaze Six Oil Flow stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.