Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network (1927 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Start A Social Network Website Like Facebook? / I Need Advice On How I Can Create A Social Media / What's The Best Language For Developing A Social App Like Instagram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by superdase: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2016
hey guys . what are the features you will love to see in a social network. am talking of something straight outta naija that will rival facebook, snapp chat, instagram etclets get creative what are the functions we will love to see. am really counting on u guys to help out with the naija creativity
Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Adesege(m): 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
Firstly, why re-invent the wheel?

Why create something that already exist?

Facebook has all the features any social media site would have and as far as I'm concerned, it has no rival. Instagram, twitter, etc are unique in their own way.

Whatever social media site you want to build will either be a replica of what already exist or has one or two things the existing system has.

Hence, why re-invent the wheel?

You should think of building something else rather than waste your time, money and resources in building what may not eventually fly.

2 Likes

Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by eDoc: 11:21am On Apr 21, 2016
Amebo and winchi buttons just like the like and dislike button.

Just a suggestion.
Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Booyakasha(f): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
Adesege:

Facebook has all the features any social media site would have and as far as I'm concerned, it has no rival. Instagram, twitter, etc are unique in their own way.

Whatever social media site you want to build will either be a replica of what already exist or has one or two things the existing system has.

You should think of building something else rather than waste your time, money and resources in building what may not eventually fly.

nice reply.. i saw your thread at gdevit, hopefully we need initial contributors like you to grow our community.. do you have Whatsapp? please share.

1 Like

Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Adesege(m): 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Booyakasha:

nice reply.. i saw your thread at gdevit, hopefully we need initial contributors like you to grow our community.. do you have Whatsapp? please share.

Hello,

Gdevit is yet to upload it much announced update since my last login. While i understand it's a new platform, I think some basic functionalities should be put in place first before working on the more advanced features.

Notifications on post replies, post edit, email update and longer login sessions should be worked on first.

It's annoying when your session ends while writing a post then you submit. You know that feeling you'd get after losing an epistle.

I hope the much announced updates will be uploaded as soon as possible.

My digit is ZERO EIGHT ONE EIGHT TWO ONE ONE THREE TWO TWO NINE. Sorry I had to type it like that for some reasons.

Kind regards.

Btw: It's nice knowing ladies appreciate the I.T world, programming especially.

1 Like

Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Booyakasha(f): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
Adesege:

Hello,

Gdevit is yet to upload it much announced update since my last login. While i understand it's a new platform, I think some basic functionalities should be put in place first before working on the more advanced features.

Notifications on post replies, post edit, email update and longer login sessions should be worked on first.

It's annoying when your session ends while writing a post then you submit. You know that feeling you'd get after losing an epistle.

I hope the much announced updates will be uploaded as soon as possible.

My digit is ZERO EIGHT ONE EIGHT TWO ONE ONE THREE TWO TWO NINE. Sorry I had to type it like that for some reasons.

Kind regards.

Btw: It's nice knowing ladies appreciate the I.T world, programming especially.

Yeah Yeah, we want to roll out the advanced features too.. don't worry, we've taken care of all the things you mentioned, luckily we are really experienced and talented with web development... we just need to expand the userbase..
Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Adesege(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
Booyakasha:

Yeah Yeah, we want to roll out the advanced features too.. don't worry, we've taken care of all the things you mentioned, luckily we are really experienced and talented with web development... we just need to expand the userbase..

We

I never knew you are among the developers.

It sounds really cool tho. Good to know.

grin
Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by superdase: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
well, am pretty sure if others had thot this way there would be no instagram, snapchat( mind you these are also social media platforms that somewhat rivals FB. the world has billions of active internet users, are you telling me all these handful of social media platform is all that there is? we are in a generation of endless possibilities , people are everywhere thinking of what to do to make a difference. tell me whats the big difference between fb,twitter,instagram, bbm, snappchat, etc they all connect people the same way using different methods, its that difference i need you guys to brainstorm on. am sure people like you would av told zukerberg if u had the chance that "why create thefaceboo.com when there was hi5"....what did zukerberg do ? he added spice , my friend he made a difference.....thats what i need up here in this post....it doesn't have to be the same wheel my friend we can take out the iron wheel and put in alloy or chrome "u feel me"we live in a world of recycling from fashion to energy to movies to music....nothing is really new dese day everyone recycles.....lets be creative guys thats the only way to survive this age were in
Adesege:

Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
i have an idea but its not a social network.

i am not like those who ask for money for an ordinary idea.
just indicate interest and its yours.

but you must promise to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by Adesege(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
superdase:
well, am pretty sure if others had thot this way there would be no instagram, snapchat( mind you these are also social media platforms that somewhat rivals FB. the world has billions of active internet users, are you telling me all these handful of social media platform is all that there is? we are in a generation of endless possibilities , people are everywhere thinking of what to do to make a difference. tell me whats the big difference between fb,twitter,instagram, bbm, snappchat, etc they all connect people the same way using different methods, its that difference i need you guys to brainstorm on. am sure people like you would av told zukerberg if u had the chance that "why create thefaceboo.com when there was hi5"....what did zukerberg do ? he added spice , my friend he made a difference.....thats what i need up here in this post....it doesn't have to be the same wheel my friend we can take out the iron wheel and put in alloy or chrome "u feel me"we live in a world of recycling from fashion to energy to movies to music....nothing is really new dese day everyone recycles.....lets be creative guys thats the only way to survive this age were in

I'm not gonna dispute your message but you should answer the question, why re-invent the wheel

Tell me, what feature do you wanna add to a social media site that facebook, instagram, twitter, etc don't have?

Firstly, you should read people's mind before building an app.

Most internet users find it difficult registering on sites esp if their privacy is not guaranteed. On facebook, you can control your privacy as you want.

Same thing for other sites.

For you to build something sophisticated that will awe users, it will take you years and it may not be only you on the team. And then, social media would have evolve and you will be battling to meet up with the trend.

There are tons of social media sites and they are all unique in their way but why not strive to be unique by building something more ground breaking?

You said I would have discouraged Mark, well, thefacebook's mission then was different from whatever social networking site that may have existed then.

Mark was only trying to connect students in his school but OP want to connect the world.

Why not leave that to Mark

You should also do some survey and market analysis should you insist.
Re: Need Dope Ideas To Create A Social Network by superdase: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2016
Adesege:

I'm not gonna dispute your message but you should answer the question, why re-invent the wheel

Tell me, what feature do you wanna add to a social media site that facebook, instagram, twitter, etc don't have?

Firstly, you should read people's mind before building an app.

Most internet users find it difficult registering on sites esp if their privacy is not guaranteed. On facebook, you can control your privacy as you want.

Same thing for other sites.

For you to build something sophisticated that will awe users, it will take you years and it may not be only you on the team. And then, social media would have evolve and you will be battling to meet up with the trend.

There are tons of social media sites and they are all unique in their way but why not strive to be unique by building something more ground breaking?

You said I would have discouraged Mark, well, thefacebook's mission then was different from whatever social networking site that may have existed then.

Mark was only trying to connect students in his school but OP want to connect the world.

Why not leave that to Mark

You should also do some survey and market analysis should you insist.

dats exactly why i am here bro. to consult great minds like you guys here @ NL... the primary purpose of the app is to connect people, but the question is , how else do we do that, how else do we captivate the minds of the people , what other ways do we explore, you mentioned a cogent point abt registration nd privacy issue,, dats a good one, i need to hear more suggestions

(1) (Reply)

Getting Started With Programming - Tips For Beginners / Share Your Code Snippet / I "Tried" To Clone This Website From Scratch With HTML /CSS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.