Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi (1040 Views)

Court Orders Saraki To Swear-in Okonkwo As Senator For Anambra Central / PDP Clears Ifeanyi Ubah For Anambra Governorship Election (Photos) / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by jamesibor: 10:47am On Apr 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by jamesibor: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, this is worthy of FP. It exposes the waste in government and how it can be curbed.
Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by chriskosherbal(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2016
Good.
Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by jamesibor: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Good.

The video goes to show that there is enough money to run govt if wastes are cut drastically.
Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
Best governor since 1999. Education is where his true legacy lies.

1 Like

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fraud grin

Even those on the high table are laughing at him. Nonsense embarassed

He saved the money and left the State in underdevelopment. He left it and reinvested it in his private businesses undecided. Nonsense embarassed

1 Like

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by jamesibor: 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
Keneking:
Fraud grin

Even those on the high table are laughing at him. Nonsense embarassed

He saved the money and left the State in underdevelopment. He left it and reinvested it in his private businesses undecided. Nonsense embarassed

Freeglobe, you still dey alive?

1 Like

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by FlyoruB: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Really? So who do we now believe between Obi and his estranged godson Obiano??

Obiano had dismissed Obi’s claims as “half-truths” pointing out that the former governor left the state with a heavy debt overhang of N102.2 billion when his tenure expired on March 17, 2014.Obiano had wondered how Obi could have given Ndi Anambra a rosy picture of the assets he left behind without showing them the liabilities he incurred.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/face-off-how-obiano-mismanaged-my-n75bn-savings-obi/

undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by coolitempa(f): 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
jamesibor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhDg70R3f0

So iboes have intelligent and practical people like these....and they will be following Saraki... grin grin grin
Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by gorecwears(m): 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mismanagement is a major problem in Nigeria, public office holders live in affluence with resource meant for development.
Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by FreeGlobe(f): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
jerseyboy:
[s]Best governor since 1999. Education is where his true legacy lies.[/s]
you mean to say worse governor since 1999, can you tell us what his legacies in education is? This man is a fraud.. nothing but a political trader

1 Like

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
FreeGlobe:

you mean to say worse governor since 1999, can you tell us what his legacies in education is? This man is a fraud.. nothing but a political trader
I will defer some to you as having more insight as I'm not from the East and my knowledge might be superfacial. Because the tag 'performing governor' has become like everything else in Nigeria bastardized as there are not much to go by in terms of evaluation other than how good a propaganda machinery a governor has set up I decided I would use only quantifiable instruments to judge administrations.

Lacking reliable data in many aspects of endeavor in nigeria I settled on education first because of its vital importance and secondly it has objective measurable standards. These standards are in WAEC, JAMB, NECO, Unity Schools Admission and Kings College Admissions. In all of these Anambra jumped to number one in the nation under Peter Obi's watch. That got my attention as there is no better investment society can make in the future than educating the children who will inherit it.

While Peter Obi was governor I was on line to board a plane from Enugu airport to Lagos and noticed the guy behind me rolling his carrier bag was no other than Obi himself. We sat together on the same row in the economy cabin. Many passengers in the business class cabin offered him their seats and he refused. In my interaction with him on that flight I noticed his attitude towards me never changed even when from my name he deduced that I was not of his ethnicity.

Lastly I ran into him towards the end of his administration in a small boutique hotel in Lagos and together with some people he was meeting with he invited me to his room. The tiny size of the room was remarkable as I wondered if we could all fit into it without discomfort. But there he was without airs and very comfortable in that relatively modest environment and not a single aide or sycophant in sight.

These are what I based my judgement on but then I said I am no expert in Anambra politics and as Americans will say 'All politics are local'.
Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by adconline(m): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
FlyoruB:
Really? So who do we now believe between Obi and his estranged godson Obiano??

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/face-off-how-obiano-mismanaged-my-n75bn-savings-obi/

undecided
Obi is more credible than Obiano.. Obiano started talking about it 2 yrs later as a governor.
Facts aren't on Obiano's side. Anambra federal allocation dwindled like every other states, but he increased the budget and salaries without borrowing for two yrs in a row. Where did Obiano get the money? Is he's printing money like CBN?

1 Like

Re: How I was Able To Save $156M in cash for Anambra (VIDEO) - Peter Obi by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
cc Schematics

(1) (Reply)

Question: Calabar-lagos Rail Line: Is It In The Budget? Yakassai Asks / Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) / What Has Happened To Our Country?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.