Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan (6684 Views)

Mazda 626 1997 Vs Nissan Primera 1994. Advice Pls / Toyota Camry Muscle Vs. Honda Accord Evil Spirit / Honda Vs Volkswagen Vs Nissan ( Nigeria Use) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I believe I've come to the right place. Please which of these brands is best for a first car? One that won't take the user to the mechanic a million times. One that has affordable maintenance.

Toyota (Camry Big Daddy or Solara)
Honda (End of Discussion or EOD Coupe)
Volkwagen (Golf 4, Golf 5 or Jetta 2007 model)
Nissan (Xterra, Maxima 2005 or Altima 2006)

Which would you recommend from the ones listed above, and why?

Your opinions are highly appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by 9icetoo(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
go for the big daddy or the EOD. any mechanic who knows the difference between a ring and flat spanner can fix it. those two are practical and easy to diagnose. you may chose the coupe and solar a if you are single and don't plan on having a family soon.
stay clear of the altima and vw products since this is ur first car.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Lexusgs430: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
MissMercedes:
Hi everyone,

I believe I've come to the right place. Please which of these brands is best for a first car? One that won't take the user to the mechanic a million times. One that has affordable maintenance.

Thank you

How come Mercedes-Benz is not in your shortlist?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

How come Mercedes-Benz is not in your shortlist?

Benz is not beans to maintain. Still my favourite car in the world. Would buy them someday... soon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by salvo583: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
MissMercedes:
Hi everyone,

Thank you
Toyota camry or EOD. Golf4 isn't bad too. But the maxima 2004 and altima is not for a first time user unless u can go for the pre and post generations of the two, even at that the EOD/Big4 a purpose is still the best option

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Lexusgs430: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
MissMercedes:

I'll beat you o. Benz is not beans to maintain o. Still my favourite car in the world. Would buy them someday... soon.

MissMercedes like you? Mercedes-Benz is not has expensive to maintain, if all maintenance schedules are followed religiously.
I love the Curves on the Mercedes-Benz of recent years!!!
I can only imagine the lovely curves on MissMercedes(not what you are thinking). Lol
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

MissMercedes like you? Mercedes-Benz is not has expensive to maintain, if all maintenance schedules are followed religiously.
I love the Curves on the Mercedes-Benz of recent years!!!
I can only imagine the lovely curves on MissMercedes(not what you are thinking). Lol

Hian!!! Chineke nna, don't corrupt me biko. But seriously, Benz for daily use, from mainland to island. It's a fuel guzzler
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Lexusgs430: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
MissMercedes:

Hian!!! Chineke nna, don't corrupt me biko. But seriously, Benz for daily use, from mainland to island. It's a fuel guzzler

If you are referring to the bigger engine variants, by nature a bigger engine would be more thirsty.
Buy a smaller engine and fuel guzzling would not be your portion.
What's your budget range?
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by king406(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
Why are so many people misinformed about Mercedes now cry

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If you are referring to the bigger engine variants, by nature a bigger engine would be more thirsty.
Buy a smaller engine and fuel guzzling would not be your portion.
What's your budget range?

Below 1m. Benz is out of the equation. At least, for now
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
king406:
Why are so many people misinformed about Mercedes now cry

Misinformed? I can't say. But it's not as easy to maintain as Japanese cars.
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
salvo583:

Toyota camry or EOD. Golf4 isn't bad too. But the maxima 2004 and altima is not for a first time user unless u can go for the pre and post generations of the two, even at that the EOD/Big4 a purpose is still the best option

I thought as much.
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
9icetoo:
go for the big daddy or the EOD. any mechanic who knows the difference between a ring and flat spanner can fix it. those two are practical and easy to diagnose. you may chose the coupe and solar a if you are single and don't plan on having a family soon.
stay clear of the altima and vw products since this is ur first car.

Thanks for your opinion
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by princemillla(m): 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
If you love your as.s buy Toyota product jeje.

Dont even go near nissan as am fighting seriously to get out of nissan product.

Honda? Kai, it's never in my list. Golf 5 or 4 is still ok
But their parts are damn expensive

Good luck with your chose

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
princemillla:

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by king406(m): 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
MissMercedes:

Misinformed? I can't say. But it's not as easy to maintain as Japanese cars.
well obviously, it's not as bad as people say it is though. Not talking about the most recent models though.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Lexusgs430: 12:19am On Apr 21, 2016
MissMercedes:

If I had your budget and did not generally need high ground clearance. The Honda would do me nicely (saloon or coupe)
If ground clearance is mostly required, the Nissan would do nicely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Kunlinha: 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
Being a benz lover, it's surprising you knowledge of it is based on misinformation and stereotypes. Mercs don't guzzle fuel
MissMercedes:

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Kunlinha: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
The EOD will suit you well; Powerful engine considering your love of Mercs, great styling, high resale value & low cost maintenance
MissMercedes:

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by diportivo: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
princemillla:

Whats wrong with nissan cars?

Enlighten us pls

Altho i hope it isn't about ur illuminated check engine and airbag lights
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by salvo583: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
diportivo:

Enlighten us pls

Nissan is one automobile that enjoys a great brand loyalty despite their bad customer reviews. People all over the world (Nigerians included) buys it , only a better reliability could have made it superb. I still see plenty people riding newer versions of murano,altima,sentra,rogue,almera and qashqai, so i begin to wonder why do Nigerians still buy Nissans?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by princemillla(m): 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
diportivo:

Enlighten us pls

Nissan products are just too explicit. The wiring no b this world, they don't av second hand values (reselling)..

Thos nissan happen to be the only product(villager) av tasted till date, the front lack proper guard for the gear sump and engine sump. With this mo guard for the dumps, there is possibility you might lose your gear efficiency or lose it totally( my last villager, had to change the gear like 2 times)

This are my view
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Lexusgs430: 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
MissMercedes, decided on what vehicle to get yet?
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by diportivo: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
princemillla:

Nissan products are just too explicit. The wiring no b this world, they don't av second hand values (reselling)..

Thos nissan happen to be the only product(villager) av tasted till date, the front lack proper guard for the gear sump and engine sump. With this mo guard for the dumps, there is possibility you might lose your gear efficiency or lose it totally( my last villager, had to change the gear like 2 times)

This are my view

Ur views and urs only

I used a 2000 villager for years...one of the best cars iv used.while u are right abt the sump,villlager is not the only car that has dat problem...Golf mk4 is anoda typical example

Yes,i had instances whr the engine and gear sumps got damaged,doesnt really makes it less of a car

Wiring??....ur rewire needs to start using a scanner...and maybe a multimeter

6 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:
MissMercedes, decided on what vehicle to get yet?

Yes I have. Toyota Solara (2004-2007 model). Thanks

1 Like

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by aceswagg: 2:55am On Jun 06, 2016
MissMercedes:

Yes I have. Toyota Solara (2004-2007 model). Thanks

You and me then! Getting the sle v6 05! With some new rims! U should consider it
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by lonelydora: 6:40am On Jun 06, 2016
As a pretty and fair lady which you are, Go for EOD and experience peace of mind.

Don't tell me about leg pulling off, that happens when you are a care-free person.
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2016
aceswagg:

You and me then! Getting the sle v6 05! With some new rims! U should consider it

Actually... I've changed my mind. I've decided to go for the Audi TT.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2016
lonelydora:
As a pretty and fair lady which you are, Go for EOD and experience peace of mind.

Don't tell me about leg pulling off, that happens when you are a care-free person.

Lol. Thanks for the compliment smiley

But I've decided to get a German car.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by lonelydora: 7:33am On Jun 06, 2016
MissMercedes:

Lol. Thanks for the compliment smiley

But I've decided to get a German car.

Gbam. You are a big baller mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
I would recommend golf 4 and toyota big daddy

the rest are lemons.
Re: Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan by aceswagg: 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
MissMercedes:

Actually... I've changed my mind. I've decided to go for the Audi TT.

Lol, aspen leaf! That's cool too, manual transmission cool!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Visco 2000 Engine Oil Good For Es 330 Oil..? / Ferrari Girls Vs Kia Girls ! / Share Your Stories Of Mechanics Who Tried To Scam/Rip You Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.