Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:45 AM

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) (20919 Views)

Oluseun Bakare, Oludamilola Osinbajo's Husband-To-Be Is RCCG Pastor, Not Muslim / Williams Oluwatoyin, RCCG Pastor: "I Will Vote Buhari, Over And Over Again" / VP Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by eshietIntrepid(m): 7:40am On Apr 21, 2016
But dady GO said anyone that is giving govtnment appointment like governor thing like that and he's a pastor in any of the parishes will be releave of his pastoring positive till the time his politcal position iover.
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by engrMikemd(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2016
God understands
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by omonla10(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2016
myqel:
which area get PHCN light make I come charge my phone abeg
come to ahmadiya close to abulegba. The light is uninterrupted.. Ask anyone
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2016
Now i see where APC gathered votes from (Yo***a, H***a & R.*.*.G).
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by adetayo234: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2016
I just wonder how this man joins pastoring with political game playing. To me, the two look like mixing oil and water.
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Nbote(m): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2016
Tos87:
our God is not a God commotion
When the apostles were called, The Bible has it that they left THING and followed Him.
One can only imagine how much Saint Matthew the tax collector was making at the time. Yet he let go.

Bros com collect dis remaining Origin for my fridge... I wonder y d church still let him continue to pastor a branch even with his worldly commitments. Matthew didn't become a born again tax collector even though some would want to argue dat Peter still continued fishing..
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by tinsel: 7:52am On Apr 21, 2016
Osibanjo receives no pay and any benefit serving as pastor of Redeem Church.
So I see no problem here.
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Lyoncrescent: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2016
Only God in heaven knows who is truly worshiping him and the reward for a true christian is to make heaven.

I pray we Christians stand in true holiness so that the holy spirit can discern a lot of things that our naked eyes and physical presence cannot see.

Mircale and Propsperity gospel is not the way as the Devil can also easily offer both. The only thing the devil cannot offer is eternal life. Whether one can combine politics in Nigeria and still make heaven is a question only God can answer.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2016
DonMaxxy:
This is not good at all. How can you combine partisan politics and active religious service.

It's written: "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money" (cf. Matt. 6: 24).
This was the major reason why The Catholic Church asked late Fr. Moses Adasu, erstwhile governor of Benue state to quit active priestly ministry while in office as governor.

I am just telling you Mr Vice President to choose one, cos if you end up in hell because of yeye Nija politics; na you loose pass.
So A Christian Can't Be A Politician?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by 4nobody4every1: 7:55am On Apr 21, 2016
cool
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by encryptjay(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2016
When IPOB youths turn saints?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by highT: 7:59am On Apr 21, 2016
The Irrelevant One trying so hard to be relevant

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Am sure just about 1% will pray for Him to lead well and remain a believer and the rest will turn critics at the moment,quoting Bible up and down

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by SegzyJoe(m): 8:01am On Apr 21, 2016
Since all of you assumes politicians are devil incarnate and cannot never be a practicing Christian, you should at least rejoice that you have a man of God as one of your leaders this time around rather than abuse your right on the Internet again. You guys are always whining online about Nigeria, no light, water, bad roads corruption, and many more, yet when you see Christian in politics, you abuse and discourage rather than appreciating them, little wonder your destinies are been raped in broad daylight by your dare devil politicians, because you oppose those who at least have the fear of God to help you. You will rather prefer devil ruling you than a pastor.

Jesus ran away to avoid been made king because he his purpose and assignment was not compactible neither does he have allocated the time for such purposes. But did David, Daniel, Esther, Joseph etc ran away? Are these not prophets of God? Didnt they impacted their generation positively?

I am not surprised, since most of you abusers are according to the bible, children in whom there is no God. That is why your devil incarnate politicians have taken away your pride and dignity. Most of you should be gainfully employed but that is not the case, so you have all the time wasting away your lives typing rubbish on the Internet.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 21, 2016
imohchard:
I thought Jesus ran away when they waanted to make him king in Isreal....

Just saying!!!
When was that? Same Jesus that made Himself king?
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by wallex1983(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Tos87:
our God is not a God commotion
When the apostles were called, The Bible has it that they left THING and followed Him.
One can only imagine how much Saint Matthew the tax collector was making at the time. Yet he let go.

Guess he should have also left his law practice when he became a pastor too, so that he can face the pastoral work full time.... . It is people like you that would come and say he's feeding fat on the church if he left his law practice and starts depending on church for daily bread...

You get financial gains either by exploring your professional training, appointment to serve, elected to serve or by stealing. The first 3 are legitimate and you can serve God well with them if you choose to.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by texazzpete(m): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2016
DeKen:
Hmm, can he serve two masters properly?

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (Matthew 6:24) - NIV. (also Luke 16:13).

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light (Matt 6:22).

It is this type of stupid talk that allows crooks, criminals and perverted predators to become our leaders in Nigeria.

Nonsense. When did being a VP or Politician automatically translate to 'Serving mammon'?

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by imohchard(m): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2016
When the jews wanted to make him king in isreal, he ran away

ZubbyGodson:
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by blackprowler: 8:11am On Apr 21, 2016
No problem. Just remember that Christians started it first and Muslims are very good at noticing such for future reference. Not long from now an active Islamic religion clergyman will vie for office and OF COURSE, the Nigerian Christian community will start to express unease. Even Buhari that just happens to be a devout Muslim was branded an Ayatollah and all such derogatory inferences to the effect that a devout Muslim should not be in politics. Nigeria will never know peace for as long as her people are so incredibly dumb. Down with all Abrahamic religions; they're the source of much of the problems the world has been facing. They have never provided real solutions, only dumb claims of such to dimwits that populate backward societies like Nigeria. Up Reason; up Science; they have provided all the solutions to man's dilemma in just a few centuries INSPITE OF RELIGION!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by BossDanniee(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2016
Good #HappyBirthdayToME! #ShowSomeLove
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Pyroxene: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2016
A lot of people on this forum need to get busy doing positive things with their lives so that in the future they won't look back and hate themselves, no need to castigate him, God is interested in government, it is not a question of serving to masters here. We ll be the ones complaining if crooks, thieves or ex convicts where made ur leaders. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Splinz(m): 8:14am On Apr 21, 2016
Keep on living under the illusion that God called you, Mr. Pastor.
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Johnsinia(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
ZubbyGodson:
Jesus do not make himself King, he is a king already infavt, the king of all kings. But he said that his kingdom is not in this sinful world. He also said we should nt love the world that if any1 love the world the love of the father is nt in him, he said do nt be equally yoke with the unbeliever.
Is being a politician a sin as a christain? The answer is NO, but being a politician and a leader on lies and propangada as a christain is a big sin, equally yoke with evil party like APC and her members is a sin. A true political christain will nt join APC or PDP or any other corrupt party to become a leader, doing such is a sin before God
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
imohchard:
When the jews wanted to make him king in isreal, he ran away

Wish U cn drop the verse so I can read it.........I only know abwt "I AM THE KING OF THE JEWS" and The Triumphant Entry
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by EROMS38(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2016
Fake Pastor
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by anonimi: 8:22am On Apr 21, 2016
....and he will continue to annoint other born-to-gain progreTHIEVES into the redeemed APC fold grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by anonimi: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Nasiruddeen(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2016
waiting for someone to say the VP will Christianize Nigeria.... if this statement was release by PMB the usual hypocrites could have started making noise that he will islamize Nigeria... double standard in judgment.... hypocrisy!!!
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by DavidOluyale(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
how can you dine with tinubu, campaign for sylva and audu, then still call yourself a MAN OF GOD. I they suspect Adeboye sef lipsrsealed

You remind me of the Pharisees in the bible. You want to tell me that everyone you relate with is a pastor abi? All your friends you dine with are saints abi. I laugh in 3D smiley

Even Jesus ate with sinners. The Pharisee also spoke like you. Guy na personal relationship with God. If u like dey greet only "saints" if you No personally dey sincere with God. You dey wash.

For reference:

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s
house, many tax collectors and sinners were
eating with him and his disciples, for there were
many who followed him. 16 When the teachers
of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating
with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked
his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax
collectors and sinners?” [Matt 2:15-17]

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by Quatermaine: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2016
Correct guy!.
May God bless and Keep you sir.

For those who have been spewing trash since, receive wisdom, I pray.
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by bjdon: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2016
I don't support ACP and I certainly have no reason to come out to support the VP. However I must say I quite confused by the stand of some posters on this thread. They seem to be saying that because one is a pastor one should not be involved in any other activities. Was Martin Luther King JR not a pastor? Did that stop/hinder him from leading the civil rights movement? Desmond Tutu was a Bishop yet, took up a leadership role in the anti-apartheid struggle and helped to give that struggle a moral voice.

It is my humble submission that there is nothing wrong at all with a pastor being in politics. To those who say how can he dine with Tinubu, Amechi , etc...and still be a pastor, I say to you, do you think all the pastors in ANY church are really holy and without sin? In that Reedemed Church there will be Pastors and church officials who are even worse that many politicians, yet you will not say the VP should leave the church because of that. In all works of life weather it be politics, church, business...etc you will find good and bad people, what matters at the end of the day is weather the VP uses what little power he has from his office to do good or not.

So few good and decent people go into politics in Nigeria, let's not discourage the few that do
Re: Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) by senderous(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2016
It is written in the bible that christian should hold political office so I see no reason y he should resign...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ihedioha To Sign Order On TSA As Imo Uncovers 250 Accounts Operated By Okorocha / Abdulazeez Yari: Presidency Has To Go To The South / Akintoye Lambasts Akeredolu For Rejecting Yoruba Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.