Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self (24772 Views)

Tribunal Rejects Saraki’s Appeal For Trial Judge To Disqualify Himself / Chief Judge Dismisses Metuh’s Petition, Asks Judge To Continue Trial / Saraki Appeals CCT Ruling, Seeks To Stall Trial Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by austentero: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
The PUNCH can authoritatively report that the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has filed another application before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, to stall his ongoing trial on charges of false asset declaration.
Saraki whose numerous applications seeking to stall the trial had been dismissed by the CCT itself and others including the Supreme Court, through his fresh motion, is asking the tribunal chairman, Danladi Umar, to disqualify himself.
Our correspondent learnt that Saraki, through his fresh motion filed before the CCT on Tuesday, asked Umar to disqualify himself from the trial on the basis that the tribunal chairman is allegedly under criminal investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
He alleged in the motion that Umar would likely be biased in the handling of his trial since the EFCC which is allegedly leading the prosecution of the Senate President before the CCT is also investigating the tribunal chairman.
The application was filed before the CCT by Mr. Raphael Oluyede, who has not been part of Saraki’s defence team before the CCT.
Oluyede was the lawyer who filed the case seeking to stop Saraki’s trial but which was dismissed by Justice Abdu Kafarati of the Federal High Court in Abuja last Friday.
The fresh application has not been served on the prosecution in the case.

http://www.punchng.com/saraki-seeks-to-stall-trial-again-asks-judge-to-disqualify-self/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
I'm tired of Saraki matter.

Buhari has come back from China for one week and this problems are still there

Fuel scarcity

Perennial Blackouts

Dollar shortage

Rise in Yuan

Unemployment increase

Fulani herdsmen killing

Hunger in the land that hungerbad had to leave NL to look for food

While we are here programmed on Saraki case that won't solve any of the above listed case

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by divinehand2003(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hahaha

Saraki, did you disqualify yourself from the honorable seat of Senate presidency even when you are being tried Of corrupt practices in the past?

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by lekkie073(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
abi bobo saraki yii fe ku ni

34 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by dukie25: 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
Danladi Umar has no integrity.
Here is a judge indicted for bribery and corruption but presiding over corruption tribunal, can only happen in Nigeria.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by PRYCE(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lol!

Saraki be making fun of our judicial system since June 9, 2015 grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Ayatul(m): 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Am not sure Mr Saraki knows that the summon letter which was served to Justice Danladi Umar has been withdrawn by the senate committee....Whether you like it or not This honourable justice will see this case through. Oloshi Omo Ale Kwara.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by yhemsy62(m): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hahaha

Saraki, did you disqualify yourself from the honorable seat of Senate presidency even when you are being tried Of corrupt practices in the past?

He tire me for the [/b]Beast[b] called Saraki o

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Mandesz(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Buhari is a big mess! if I saw a snake and Buhari, I will av to kill him( Buhari) instead. I'm yawning( hungry) n ma phone is low. diz kind change is suicidal.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by ki02020(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fedayeen:
I'm tired of Saraki matter.

Buhari has come back from China for one week and this problems are still there

Fuel scarcity

Perennial Blackouts

Dollar shortage

Rise in Yuan

Unemployment increase

Fulani herdsmen killing

Hunger in the land that hungerbad had to leave NL to look for food

While we are here programmed on Saraki case that won't solve any of the above listed case

My brother let just hope for better days ahead...

1 Like

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by modath(f): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
This man is a joker!! smiley

Saraki is going to do everything within his power so he doesn't have to testify before the courts so he doesn't lie under oath!!

The truth is that the allegations against him are so grave that he would never want to admit to the undeclared properties he is being tried for & also won't want to be caught in a lie!!!!

He's in a devil/deep blue sea situation!!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Jorussia(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mandesz:
Buhari is a big mess! if I saw a snake and Buhari, I will av to kill him( Buhari) instead. I'm yawning( hungry) n ma phone is low. diz kind change is suicidal.
what has buhari got to do with this matter?Please stop embarrassing yourself on this forum.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by orisa37: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
This is not the corruption we want the Government to investigate. This is an attempt to assassinate Saraki politically. You are hitting him below the belt so he won't be conscious when the reckless and irresponsible Grazing Bill reaches his table. There is God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by rusher14: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
orisa37:
This is not the corruption we want the Government to investigate. This is an attempt to assassinate Saraki politically. You are hitting him below the belt so he won't be conscious when the reckless and irresponsible Grazing Bill reaches his table. There is God.

You didn't get the memo?

The grazing bill tenure has expired.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Mandesz(m): 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
Jorussia:
what has buhari got to do with this matter?Please stop embarrassing yourself on this forum.
some of yu r so ignorant/illiterate dat you hardly knw any of yo right. diz r d pple you elected to keep n managed yo wealth. dey r responsible n accountable.
answer: tinz r costly now cos of higher fuel price n electricity blackout. diz r dia responsibility.
be wise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Jorussia(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mandesz:

some of yu r so ignorant/illiterate dat you hardly knw any of yo right. diz r d pple you elected to keep n managed yo wealth. dey r responsible n accountable.
answer: tinz r costly now cos of higher fuel price n electricity blackout. diz r dia responsibility.
be wise
bros abeg you are not making any sense at all.I asked you what has buhari got to do with this current attempt by saraki to stall his trial.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Godjone(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
his injuction to stall trial won't work any more as the apc have already concluded plan to sacrisfy saraki on the altar of war against curroption.

The new entrant into apc were never trusted by the jaagaban. In fact, the plan was to place the decampees pdp on quarantine until they are rid of their virus.

But in the time of john de baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence and saraki decides to take it by force.

It serves saraki right. He should carry his cross. Saraki rebbeled against gej untill he brings him down. Any body who is still believing saraki will win this case, such a individual is living in a dream world.

Saraki's jail is arround the conner

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by DropShot: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
Saraki is a drowning man clinging to floating leaves.

Will he survive by the leaves?

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ok...Mr. Raphael Oluyede has a record of losing cases against CCT, he would lose this one again grin

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
saraki playing hide and seek with CCT

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by AntiWailer: 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
lol.

Silly man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by prinsam30: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
dem just call me now say NEPA Don bring light, make I do dey house jare
No ATM, No fuel to power my car, Baba God abeg send me a free Taxi
Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by OgaTheTop2: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
The guy is just afraid of the unknown..
Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by etibama31: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nothing will save you
Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Abeyjide: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
y is saraki so afraid of cct?i know one day saraki will visit sharia court to file his case.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by olaolulazio(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mandesz:
I guess u are still struggling to have a c6 in English language.
Pathetic!
What has Buhari got to do with this issue now?
When they as people like u to give an example of a noun and u go about saying "I" is a very good example.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by FemiFaniKayode: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
lekkie073:
abi bobo saraki yii fe ku ni

Saraki ti ku Sara ati eje

Fela say

na dead body whey dey waka

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by chemashie(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
We have been talking about this Saraki for almost a year now, should everything be about Saraki alone in this country?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by AdeniyiA(m): 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Sarekiri again??

1 Like

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by Mishydoo(m): 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hahaha

Don't mind him...who does he think he can deceive...

Altering the constitution, Running around..

Soon Nigerians will recall all those senators following him around,such shameless people.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by LocalChamp: 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self by PMBisaterrorist(f): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
this days if you want to make FP post about saraki... before it was olajumoke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Tambuwal, APC Governors Move To Quell Tinubu, Oyegun’s Rift - Vanguard / See The Number Of Months, Abia Workers Are Owed Salaries By Ikpeazu. / FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.