Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments (1202 Views)

Can Nigerians Receive Money By Paypal? / GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote / Sign This Change.org Petition To Make Nigerians Receive Paypal Funds *416 To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
A Nigerian by name Rukky has petitioned Paypal, asking the financial giant to grant Nigerians access to receive payment through their platform. The petition needs 500 signatures and I have added mine. This is a call to Nigerians affected by Paypal's current policy of not allowing us receive payments through them to support this petition. If you do legitimate business online then sign it. If you are unemployed and you believe you can earn money working as a freelancer or if you are a freelancer then sign it. If you are a blogger, a website owner, an importer or exporter, please sign this petition. We all will benefit.

I will tag names to this thread when I get home.

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-let-nigerians-receive-funds-with-paypal
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala seun

ladywriter
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by bizgenius1: 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
about time angry
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by fastlane84: 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
nice move ...... PayPal Ejoor..... Biko nu Dan Allah...
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by nurez305(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
No be their fault sha, na our brother cause am.

Anyway, Good move by you
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by EnterPRO: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
from what was posted here last year, they don't mind letting us receive payments but govt/cbn policy stops them from doing so.

I think you should petition CBN instead.
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by vizboy(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
I Don sign am. The single reason I had to close my PayPal account was for the fact that I am not allowed to receive payment with my account. I can't be spending and not able to receive in return.
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by neocortex: 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by fastlane84: 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
EnterPRO:
from what was posted here last year, they don't mind letting us receive payments but govt/cbn policy stops them from doing so.

I think you should petition CBN instead.

details please
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by tobtap: 9:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
i support the petition... but i can offer my UK paypal acct for nigerians for a fee off-course.
Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by EnterPRO: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
fastlane84:

details please

DeCleff:
Last month paypal was launched in Nigeria with limited services which is opposite to what western union services used to be in Nigeria until their services was upgraded this month.

Before now, Nigerians were not allowed to send money out of Nigeria with western union but can only receive funds from friends and relatives outside the country.

So few days after paypal was launch in Nigeria with a service opposite to that of western union (Paypal Nigeria can't receive funds but can send funds abroad while western union can receive funds but cant send funds abroad). I went on western union facebook page and asked why Nigerians can't send money abroad via western union; then i was told that the limited service was decision of the Nigerian govt and not western union.

I then informed them that the same govt welcomed paypal with a limited service which enables Nigerians to send funds abroad but can't receive funds via paypal. I also suggested that they go back and renegotiate the policy with the govt because i was sure that if the govt could allow us send funds abroad via paypal that they will also consider western union as an alternative for transfering funds abroad.

They(Western Union) thanked me and promised to do something about it.

Just yesterday, i saw a headline on nairaland frontpage that Nigerians can now send send money abroad via western union and i was like ''wow so these guys actually took action and now Nigerians can send funds with ease?''.

I immedately went back to their fb page and thanked them and they also thanked me for letting them help.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152617934442457&id=124186682456&_rdr

Thanks to Western union, GEJ, NOI, CBN gov. and much thanks to MEEEEEEE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by fastlane84: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
thanks please lets try this for paypal....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Fmdipo(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2016
Martins301:
A Nigerian by name Rukky has petitioned Paypal, asking the financial giant to grant Nigerians access to receive payment through their platform. The petition needs 500 signatures and I have added mine. This is a call to Nigerians affected by Paypal's current policy of not allowing us receive payments through them to support this petition. If you do legitimate business online then sign it. If you are unemployed and you believe you can earn money working as a freelancer or if you are a freelancer then sign it. If you are a blogger, a website owner, an importer or exporter, please sign this petition. We all will benefit.

I will tag names to this thread when I get home.

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-let-nigerians-receive-funds-with-paypal

edit the post, the petition needs 1000 signatures not 500. already more than 600 let's put more effort

(1) (Reply)

Is Cyber Café Business Still Profitable? If Yes How? / Uber Nigeria Lowers Vehicle Requirements / I Need A Supplier On Brazilian Wool, Xpression, Expression At Yenagoa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.