Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,062 members, 7,859,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Can You Eat This Type Of Cake? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This Type Of Cake? (1530 Views)

Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / Would You Eat This Cockroach-Like Cake That Has Got The Internet Buzzing? / Can You Eat This? See The Photo Which Has Sparked A Heated Debate Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Type Of Cake? by cnwokike(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
An artist is making amazingly realistic - and creepy - cakes, and shocking people all over the world with her designs.

Katherine Dey even runs tutorials, teaching people how to make cakes which look like undersea monsters, pigeons, human heads, and babies.

Dey, who also paints and sculpts in New York, makes completely edible sweet treats which get strong responses from the people she serves them to.

It's hard to stomach the idea of eating some of them, such as this brain with the stem attached:

She told BuzzFeed: "I am inspired by a lot of things. I love that strange feeling I get when something looks real but it isn’t. Or when a cake doesn’t look particularly appetizing but it is a cake and it tastes delicious.

"I like to make people feel two conflicting things at once. The subjects I choose are things that have interested me forever, be it anatomy, mushrooms, or portraiture. I love portraiture. Making a portrait of someone helps me to really see them. I love the details."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/this-womans-creepily-realistic-cakes-will-freak-you-out/?cid=sf24633566&sf24633566=1

Re: Can You Eat This Type Of Cake? by datola: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
Carnivorous alert!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Food Has The Most Mouth Watering Aroma? / How To Make Nigerian Oha Soup Recipe / How I Bought A Juju Sacrifice KILISHI (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.