Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

3 Nigerians Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Universities Between 2015 & 2016(PIC) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Nigerians Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Universities Between 2015 & 2016(PIC) (641 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Nina Uziogwe Admitted Into 7 Ivy League Universities (photo) / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Nigerians Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Universities Between 2015 & 2016(PIC) by afrifuturestarz(m): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
The eight institutions are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, and Yale University. The term Ivy League has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and social elitism.

Ivy League schools are generally viewed as some of the most prestigious, and are ranked among the best universities worldwide.
These 3 young Nigerian were all accepted in all the 8 Institutions, they were left to choose which of the Institutions to attend.

1.Victor Agbafe

Victor Agbafe was accepted to all eight Ivy League schools, as well as Stanford University. In the end, Agbafe decided to attend Harvard University, setting him on the path to his dream of becoming a neurosurgeon.

Agbafe, a student at Cape Fear Academy in Wilmington, North Carolina, is the son of Nigerian immigrants. The high school valedictorian says his mother and father raised him with a strong support system and always encouraged him to push himself to do his best.

Agbafe says that his parents never put limits on the amount of success he could achieve.
“My parents know that here in America, the educational opportunities and opportunities for social advancement are just unparalleled,” he says. “From the very beginning, they’ve always said, ‘You’re the only person who can limit yourself.’

From the sacrifices they made to come here and create a good life for me, to the sacrifices many social advocates here in the US made 50 years ago — [my parents] have always told me that there’s no excuse not to do well.”

Read more here : http://www.africafuturestars.com/2016/04/3-young-nigerians-who-were-accepted.html

See Victor Agbafe pic after the cut...

(1) (Reply)

ILCI Mali Offering Admission To Study Outside Naija / Open Letter To University Of Ilorin / COOU Marks Igbo Cultural Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.